Thread: I need a young priest, and an old priest... (opentrack help)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    5.91 MB

Talking I need a young priest, and an old priest... (opentrack help)

Hey guys,
    I've recently got a new pc setup (specs in sig) and it's really rather awesome, however on loading into Clod for the first time on this system my head appears to rotate 1000° and then the game crashes.
    I tested without opentrack running and sure enough it loads and flies fine.
    menu wise all good, but no matter the plane or mission i load into with the headtracking running i go all exorcist.

I am now running win10 instead of win 7, but the hardware is all the same and the software i've installed is also the same, i'm using the ps3 camera with the CL-eye drivers and the trackhat version of opentrack, i have copied my ini file for the curves but again, i never changed this for use between Clod and Box previously.

everything is perfectly fine in BOX and elite dangerous but Clod seems to be giving me gyp, has anyone come across this perhaps and may be able to stop me crying out "The power of christ compells you!"
    Pete
    Some Useful aviation terms:
    Engine Failure: A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.
    Firewall: Section of the aircraft specially designed to let heat and smoke enter the cockpit.
    Glide Distance: Half the distance from the airplane to the nearest emergency landing field.
    Overshoot: To run out of ammo on your first pass.

Ryzen 5 3600 | 16Gigs DDR4 2666mhz | Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super 8gb | Win 10 Pro x64 |WD m.2 500gb
    Trackhat clip with PS3 eye| VKB Gladiator Mk.II | TWCS Throttle and rudder pedals | 2 x Logitech Throttle Quadrants.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    123.26 MB

Re: I need a young priest, and an old priest... (opentrack help)

This happens to me from time to time, well at least the head spinning part, not sure about your crashing problem. Have you assigned a hotkey for centering? When I enter CLOD and my head has spun around as you described, I simply hit my "centering" hotkey assigned to a joystick button, and everything is good again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    5.91 MB

Quote Originally Posted by No.119_Padre (VK-P) View Post
    This happens to me from time to time, well at least the head spinning part, not sure about your crashing problem. Have you assigned a hotkey for centering? When I enter CLOD and my head has spun around as you described, I simply hit my "centering" hotkey assigned to a joystick button, and everything is good again.
    I do have that, unfortunately it happens so fast i don't have chance to press it.
    Pete
    Engine Failure: A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.
    Firewall: Section of the aircraft specially designed to let heat and smoke enter the cockpit.
    Glide Distance: Half the distance from the airplane to the nearest emergency landing field.

Ryzen 5 3600 | 16Gigs DDR4 2666mhz | Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super 8gb | Win 10 Pro x64 |WD m.2 500gb
    Trackhat clip with PS3 eye| VKB Gladiator Mk.II | TWCS Throttle and rudder pedals | 2 x Logitech Throttle Quadrants.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    220.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Melonfish View Post
    Hey guys,
    I've recently got a new pc setup (specs in sig) and it's really rather awesome, however on loading into Clod for the first time on this system my head appears to rotate 1000° and then the game crashes.
    I tested without opentrack running and sure enough it loads and flies fine.
    menu wise all good, but no matter the plane or mission i load into with the headtracking running i go all exorcist.

I am now running win10 instead of win 7, but the hardware is all the same and the software i've installed is also the same, i'm using the ps3 camera with the CL-eye drivers and the trackhat version of opentrack, i have copied my ini file for the curves but again, i never changed this for use between Clod and Box previously.

everything is perfectly fine in BOX and elite dangerous but Clod seems to be giving me gyp, has anyone come across this perhaps and may be able to stop me crying out "The power of christ compells you!"
    Pete
    I had bad experience with freetrack, that was causing crashes in CloD.
    I you ever installed freetrack, please fully uninstall it and try again.
    It crashes, even if you don't use freetrack.
    FaceTrackNoIR can use freetrack plugins without crashing the game for me.
    TrackIR didn't seem to cause any issues for others.
    Can't tell for any other programs if you have any other tracker programs that you don't use, please try to uninstall these.
    I'd recommend only having one tracker all time installed.
    Last edited by Tibsun; Oct-07-2019 at 12:23.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Have you updated your cl-eye drivers when moving to Win 10?
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

6. Likes Tibsun liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    123.26 MB

Maybe also try loading the game first, then using the windows key to access the desktop, then start your TrackHat software to see if the game crashes. Rarely do I go into the game with my TrackHat software running. I usually go into the game, get my plane running, and while I wait for the engine to warmup, then (using the windows key to access my desktop) start my TrackHat software.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    5.91 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    Have you updated your cl-eye drivers when moving to Win 10?
    I grabbed whatever the current free version was off the net.

Quote Originally Posted by No.119_Padre (VK-P) View Post
    Maybe also try loading the game first, then using the windows key to access the desktop, then start your TrackHat software to see if the game crashes. Rarely do I go into the game with my TrackHat software running. I usually go into the game, get my plane running, and while I wait for the engine to warmup, then (using the windows key to access my desktop) start my TrackHat software.
    I've only ever done it the other way round, i'll give this a shot see what happens

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    5.91 MB

I have exercised the demon!

Ok so i pulled the install files from my old pc and copied them into my current CL-EYE driver folder, all the dates and times match on the files so they're likely not the fix here but i did this anyway.
    i checked back on the trackhat site for setup and the il2 forum for headtracking setup and fiddled with the filters on cl-eye.
    finally altered opentrack to remove the trackir option from the freetrack codec.

when i started the game the headtracking was on but it wasn't translating into game, I was not however possessed.
    progress of sorts.
    finally went back into opentrack and re-enabled the trackir codec for freetrack 2.0 and suddenly i can move my head!
    closed everything, started it up again like i do for Box and its now working, something likely got a bit confused or something i guess.

thank you for the suggestions guys, see you in the air.
    Pete

10. Likes farley, ATAG_Noofy, ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Melonfish View Post
    I have exercised the demon!
    Surely you meant "exorcised" ...
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

12. Likes DRock, farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Thanks for the detailed followup, Melonfish.

Thread stickied!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    5.91 MB

Surely you meant "exorcised" ...
    Absolutely not, he was lounging around the house all day and snacking, he needed a swift kick up the bum

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    5.91 MB

Just to update this thread, I managed to replicate the fault a number of times and it seems related to the Trackhat use and the Two IL2 games.
    If i play BOX then close it and switch the clod, i get the head spinning issue.
    if i play Clod first i don't. likewise i can shut down the head tracker then re-start it when i fire up clod (after box) and it works too.
    so it appears to be something in the way BOX uses the head tracking or perhaps how the trackhat version of opentrack holds on to something.

Anyway, if you get this issue a confirmed fix is indeed to start Clod first then start the head tracking, this doesnt' seem to cause any faults.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Could be that the camera sees more than the 3 IR diodes and gets confused.
    Do you have a bright background behind you, like spotlights, an open window, etc?
    Did you adjust the threshold and the min and max size of the IR spots in the PointTracker settings in Opentrack?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    5.91 MB

Could be that the camera sees more than the 3 IR diodes and gets confused.
    Do you have a bright background behind you, like spotlights, an open window, etc?
    Did you adjust the threshold and the min and max size of the IR spots in the PointTracker settings in Opentrack?
    Aye, all light sources eliminated and filters checked too, as I say i can replicate it by playing Box, then going straight to clod without stopping the tracking.
    odd one but hopefully if someone sees this they'll do less head scratching than I.