Thread: Running a poll at 1C to see what your most wanted aircraft is for v5.00

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Running a poll at 1C to see what your most wanted aircraft is for v5.00

"The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

2. Likes DD_FT, ATAG_TCP, Tibsun liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    328.74 MB

Re: Running a poll at 1C to see what your most wanted aircraft is for v5.00

Shame the Spits and Hurris had to settle for third and fourth, but I am reminded and not overly surprised that the Wellingtons are in first. Bringing some well needed variety for the RAF's heavier classes

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

For me personally the most interesting aircraft in 5.0 are the exotic ones that have never or rarely been done in a serious flight sim, like the P-40C/E, C.202, Martlet and D.520.
    I'm also looking forward to seeing the first large human flown Wellington formation in the virtual skies, maybe even as part of an ATAG Assault event?

The 109F, Spit V and Hurri IIs are nice and all but I've had enough 109-v-Spit/Hurri action the past few years. Looking forward to something genuinely new

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    220.96 MB

I'm looking forward to all aircraft, but the most important thing on any current and coming aircraft to me is the engine model and management.
    Working on the aircraft, the engine, the heart that gives the plane its live makes me feel like flying an actual plane.
    I'd favor any aircraft that has got an advanced supercharger-, rpm-, boost and suction-, propeller-, water-, oil-, hydraulic-, electric-, coldstart-, gearsuspensionmodel over the most wanted aircraft at no hesitation.

6. Likes katschmarek, Gingerbread liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    5.91 MB

I'm split between the Hurricane II and the wimpy tbh, i can see the opportunity to run the IIC and IID models in the anti tank role, whilst i really want to shift the dirt (or potentially sink some ships) with the Wimpy.

I know there's a limitation in BOX for 4 engined planes perhaps but is that limitation in CloD too? (i'll fly my halifax one day)
    Actually quite looking forward to my spotty E7 too, with a 250 slung under her and the MG's/cannons ranged to 400m she makes a mean ground attacker.
    Some Useful aviation terms:
    Engine Failure: A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.
    Firewall: Section of the aircraft specially designed to let heat and smoke enter the cockpit.
    Glide Distance: Half the distance from the airplane to the nearest emergency landing field.
    Overshoot: To run out of ammo on your first pass.

Ryzen 5 3600 | 16Gigs DDR4 2666mhz | Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super 8gb | Win 10 Pro x64 |WD m.2 500gb
    Trackhat clip with PS3 eye| VKB Gladiator Mk.II | TWCS Throttle and rudder pedals | 2 x Logitech Throttle Quadrants.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by JG4_Karaya View Post
    I've had enough 109-v-Spit/Hurri action the past few years.
    Sounds like you should spend more time in the G50 then
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_TCP View Post
    Shame the Spits and Hurris had to settle for third and fourth, but I am reminded and not overly surprised that the Wellingtons are in first. Bringing some well needed variety for the RAF's heavier classes
    As far as the game is considered I think the Wellington is the most important addition. It's about time red gets a bomber that actually can carry some bombs.

As a pilot you will still die anyway, because it is so slow, but at least it will make some impact if you manage to get to the target.

The Beaufighter will carry almost as many bombs as the Blennie, if I'm not mistaken, and at least has a chance to run from some of the fighters (oh well, I know: just as almost everybody flies E4N and E4B now, they all will chose the Friedrich, so dying will keep on ...). Anyway the Blennie will get pretty unattractive.

As a pilot I'm most curious about the Dewoitine, because it is widely unknown, then the Macchi (the dark side just has some really cool designs, sigh) the Kittyhawk and the Martlet.
    Probably I will fly the P40 most often, if it can carry a bomb. Just as with the Hurri FB you can blow up small targets and even have some chance to return home.

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    589.91 MB

Any chance we'll get a Focke-Wulf 190 at some point? A very significant aircraft both for the English Channel front and the desert war.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

Quote Originally Posted by carbolicus View Post
    A very significant aircraft both for the English Channel front and the desert war.
    The FW190 only saw action in North Africa for around half a year, that's not what I would call "significant". It has already been hinted at however that if 5.0 is a success then we're likely to see the Focke-Wulf in a future addon.

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

The 190 will be the top priority aircraft if we go beyond 5.0.