Thread: Cockpit shave / window scratches - possible in TF 5.0? Nice immersion factor!

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.71 MB

Cockpit shake / window scratches - possible in TF 5.0? Nice immersion factor!

I love the fact that when sitting in BO_ cockpits that it shakes and that the windscreens have small scratches - very realistic in my opinion and really ups the immersion factor. Anything like this planned for TF 5.0?
    Last edited by SamJoDo; Oct-23-2019 at 13:07.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: Cockpit shave / window scratches - possible in TF 5.0? Nice immersion factor!

La-5 manual, preflight check-list

"g) it is not dirty, if the visor (gunsight) is not damaged"

https://youtu.be/5__b34cEORE?t=482
    Spitfire windscreen.pdf

IMHO - CloD need that their original features work flawless (some could be "scratched" for good), not new (cosmetic) features that may hamper the performance.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Oct-10-2019 at 14:48.

3. Likes Tibsun, farley, Bonditaria, ATAG_TCP, danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Re: Cockpit shave / window scratches - possible in TF 5.0? Nice immersion factor!

1lokos I am curious which book the bit on the spit came from.

Can you reference the book please?
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

5. Likes ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    78.06 MB

Quote Originally Posted by SamJoDo View Post
    I love the fact that when sitting in BO_ cockpits that it shakes and that the windscreens have small scratches - very realistic in my opinion and really ups the immersion factor. Anything like this planned for TF 5.0?
    A matter of taste, perhaps; the scratches nark me right off. I actually feel that Cliffs handles glass / perspex pretty well and I'd hate to see any major changes to this. Some of the canopies in BoX are far too scratched and incredibly distracting. On the flipside, the Tempest is far too clear and almost seems like there is no canopy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    328.74 MB

I gotta agree with Pans, from the inside the cockpits in Cliffs actually look really good. If you pay attention, you can see how brilliant the light reflection is, and, while no scratches, there is plenty of grime and some smudging!
    I don't think they should be changed too much, honestly I don't know how realistic the scratching in BOX actually is for the period, it does at least seem a little overdone.

I don't know if there are any aditional plans for shaking, but for the aircraft with Rolls Royce Merlines in them, it has been referenced that they don't really shake noticibly when fully running.
    Last edited by ATAG_TCP; Oct-10-2019 at 18:11.

8. Likes Baffin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by farley View Post
    1lokos I am curious which book the bit on the spit came from.

Can you reference the book please?
    No, just find that page in some forum a long time.

10. Likes farley, ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

There is an easy " custom solution " to achieve this effect if you can't wait for TFS 5.0...Buy a pair of transparent goggles and dirty them with some fingerprints above the lenses, then scratch them a little with a screwdrivert...then wear them while playing!

* For an additional " realistic custom effect " ask to one of your friends or beloved ones to sit beside you with a full glass of used engine oil of your car in their hands and then , every time your aircraft engine will get damaged, ask them to throw the content of the glass on your face!
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Oct-11-2019 at 22:37.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    328.74 MB

I do like the engine oil suggestion Mölders, that is top quality right there!

13. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders, danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

don't like them when they introduced them to the spit in dcs, bad enough spotting as it is now every little scratch looks like a potential 190.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    598.45 MB

Some funny comments here LOL!
    I watched the FP POV Spitfire on youtube recently and noticed the bubble refraction of the canopy and thought that would be cool in CLOD. Only thing is that the Go pro was attached to the side of the helmet and that may have exaggerated the effect.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuELR28ch-Y&t=320s

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Quote Originally Posted by SKG 210_Mölders View Post
    There is an easy " custom solution " to achieve this effect if you can't wait for TFS 5.0...Buy a pair of transparent goggles and dirty them with some fingerprints above the lenses, then scratch them a little with a screwdrivert...then wear them while playing!

* For an additional " realistic custom effect " ask to one of your friends or beloved ones to sit beside you with a full glass of used engine oil of your car in their hands and then , every time your aircraft engine will get damaged, ask them to throw the content of the glass on your face!
    Keep the oil on a hotplate for added realism!
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

17. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders, ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    806.84 MB

19. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    818.69 MB

Now that will keep you focused.......what water, what refraction, what canopy.......all I could watch was the Spit 20-30 feet away.
    There's something good waitin' down this road
    I'm pickin' up whatever's mine.
    "Tom Petty...Runnin' Down A Dream...Full Moon Fever"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Keep the canopy clean, is better for visibility of "dots".

BTW - Too much "eye candy effects" may have collateral effects, DCS Spitfire have this bug for months:

https://img15.rajce.idnes.cz/d1503/1...706_181615.jpg

You open the canopy and the refraction still in same place.

22. Likes danperin, ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

cant say i've ever noticed that but at least they fixed the gunsight and sun glare bugs in the spit. Not a fan of the crazy prop wash effect though. Can understand it for jets etc but how did WW2 aircraft ever fly in formation if it was like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    Keep the canopy clean, is better for visibility of "dots".

BTW - Too much "eye candy effects" may have collateral effects, DCS Spitfire have this bug for months:

https://img15.rajce.idnes.cz/d1503/1...706_181615.jpg

You open the canopy and the refraction still in same place.
    Is that small mirror at the top of the canopy needed to permit to RAF pilots to put up a bit of red lipstick before a combat sortie in DCS?
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Oct-23-2019 at 21:44.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by SKG 210_Mölders View Post
    Is that small mirror at the top of the canopy needed to permit to RAF pilots to put up a bit of red lipstick before a combat sortie in DCS?
    It’s great for applying a bit more Brylcreme prior to take off.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    It’s great for applying a bit more Brylcreme prior to take off.

The mirrors are very lifelike if for one reason: if you use your mirror to watch your six - you’re dead!

If you’re lucky you MIGHT get a fleeting glimpse of who got you. LOL

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

27. Likes DRock, ATAG_TCP, Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post