Thread: Blenheim IV precise navigation.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    9.73 MB

Blenheim IV precise navigation.

I measured deviation values for Blenheim and it varies from -3° to +7°.

I created a picture that should help with more precise navigating on the Blenheim airplane.

How to use? Simple! On the picrure presents numbers. In internal circle of numbers you must find value that best match to the navigating course you whant to fly, then you pic up a corresponding number from external circle numbers and add picked value to the navigation course you whant to fly. Thats it, you calculated the heading of your airplane that you have to fly.

For example: You whant to fly navigating course 122°. The number in internal circle that best match is 120° and the corresponding value for it is 8°, so 122°+8°=130°. Well, you must fly with heading 130° by magnetic compas.
    WARNING! BOTH COMPASSES ARE LIE IN BLENHEIM WHEN CLIMBING OR DIVING. (edited)

To set this picture to your airplane cockpit, copy and paste 1.tga to game dashpics folder. For me it is: "C:\Users\Rostic\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\DashPics\Selected"
    Or just print it or download to smartphone or tablet.

Dashpic itself: 1.zip

wind_rose_cliffs.png 1.jpg blenheim_iv_deviation.PNG

P.S.: Hope this will be useful for anyone
    Last edited by Rostic; Oct-13-2019 at 12:52.
    PC spec: Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7Ghz, DDR4 32Gb 2666Mhz, Asus Prime Z370-A, ADATA XPG SX8200 240Gb (PCIe Gen3x4), RTX 2060 6Gb
    Monitor: DELL P2717H (1920x1080:60Hz)
    Joystick: Android smartphone MonectPC app (virtual joystick driver)
    Hadtracker: Track IR 4 / No VR

Enjoy multiplayer historical campaigns with Flying Tin Cans.
    Join us: https://flyingtincans.com —(•)— Discord —(•)— YouTube