Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: ATAG ASSAULT No.4

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Re: ATAG ASSAULT No.4

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_yotheguy View Post
    Thanks again DRock and everyone, hope you enjoy.

Epic!

The new Star Wars trailer is a bore in comparison!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_yotheguy View Post
    Thanks again DRock and everyone, hope you enjoy.
    .......just gotta say......Yo, your video was BRILLIANT...very cleverly edited to be hard hitting, exciting and with some great set pieces. Loved seeing the Hurris passing Canterbury Cathedral (showing the scenic detail provided by Cliffs that we occasionally take for granted but which a newcomer must surely gawp at!) And the shots of the 109's diving through the Hurri bombers......real epic stuff! So well put together with excellent choice of music and well timed 'black outs! Loved it!

I missed this fantastic event (again....groan!) but it is such a treat to watch the post op vids like this, especially when they are so expertly made......... so thanks for sharing!

If I had come across this vid three years ago, when I first found ACG's 'The Beginning of the End,' it would have been reason enough to get stuck into Cliffs! Well done! Salute!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

........and Knighty and Pat! Yo has told me that you won't be allowed on any more films until you've tidied up your aircraft! They're a terrible mess! A total disgrace!

........I'm sure I spotted a bag of stale doughnuts behind Knighty's seat..... and was that a pair of black, ladies..... 'unmentionables'...... hanging from Pat's mirror? Shocking! (Drum 'em out of ATAG, I say!) Ha ha! Salute!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

There is no doubt we have great artists among us.
    Those who created this fabulous sim, and those who can render it so beautifully
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Well hopefully it's big numbers of players all the time after Tobruk comes out
    Last edited by IIJG27Rich; Oct-23-2019 at 09:17.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Fantastic work, Yo!

Thanks for that!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.00 MB

Nice work Yo , excellent .

"Rules are put in place for the guidance of the wise and the obedience of fools" - J W Thomas

Intel i7-6700k 4.00GHz , 850w PSU , GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB GPU , 16GB RAM , Acer Predator Z35p Monitor , TrackIR5 , Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S , MGF Crosswind Rudder Pedals .

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.63 MB

Awesome video, with editing expertly done!

Well done, Yo!

9. Likes ATAG_yotheguy, DRock, ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    873 Bytes

YO hit the point!

Epic! Keep it up, Mate!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

great atmospheric video YO, captures tension and excitement of CLOD in 2 min clip, brilliant.

Can't wait for cannon armed hurri bomber shooting up Africa korps columns in TFS 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    123.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by JackMaXX View Post
    Can't wait for cannon armed hurri bomber shooting up Africa korps columns in TFS 5
    Won't that be something!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Tobruk is just a big "Wont that be something" in my humble opinion lol

14. Likes ATAG_yotheguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

And the 2nd (& last) part of the event from my PoV. Again, thank you Rostic for your screenshot!

Last edited by Karaya; Oct-25-2019 at 03:58.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by JG4_Karaya View Post
    And the 2nd (& last) part of the event from my PoV

Baby seals ... lol!

17. Likes ATAG_Lord Wukits liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Autsch! Das tat weh...
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

"The Happy Time" for the Luftwaffe

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    873 Bytes

Herzblatthubschrauber?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

And the 2nd (& last) part of the event from my PoV. Again, thank you Rostic for your screenshot!

You’ll pay for this destruction, my friend.

JG’s days are numbered.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_DRock View Post
    You’ll pay for this destruction, my friend.

JG’s days are numbered.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

yes will continue to attack you until you stop shooting us down, so there!

24. Likes DerDa, ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.63 MB

Thanks for posting, Karaya but...

It will not always be summer for the Luftwaffe.
    Last edited by ATAG_Scones; Oct-25-2019 at 14:24.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    353.99 MB

If need be I can get involved with the organization of the red fighters next time, just need to find a good excuse for my comrades for why I'm flying red
    I don't think you need an excuse if you bring the comrades too!

Wow, JG4 vs JG52... That would be a sight to see!

Hm, I think the idea of the First Intersquadron Tournament (aka F.I.S.T. ) just born in my head! (Well, considering the long history of the IL2 series and let alone CLOD, it might not be the first, but it sounds good. )

- 4vs4 pure combat matches (it could be 8vs8, but not all squadrons have so many members yet...)
    - 1 match consisting of 2 rounds
    - 1 round could be 90 or 120 mins (depending of map size) (so 1 match would be 3-4h long, as a normal ATAG map)
    - 1st round: TeamA is red, TeamB is blue, 2nd round TeamA is blue, TeamB is red.
    - team with the most kills of each round gets 2 point (Bonus points may be awarded, for example: 1 point to the team of the player with the most kill, or like these. Needs further ideas.)
    - matchload would be 1 match/team/month
    - squadrons could sign up maximum 10 members for the tournament
    - and 4+1 members for each match (so a substitute would be possible during the match)
    - squadrons with high number of members could enter in the tournament with multiple teams, but no "overlapping" of the teammembers would be allowed
    - matches would be streamed over twich or other popular streaming apps "live" (possibly with at least 15 mins delay to avoid spying)
    - at the end of the tournament the team with the most points will be the Champion, and the Golden Wing Award would be awarded to the individual player with the most frags overall (something like the Golden Ball Award in football )

I know, we have the TigerMoth Cup to test the skills of individual pilots in a classic plane, the AtagAssaults to fly together in bombers, the TWC campaigns to recreate history.
    These events (and the videos of many talented individual players) already provide many many hours of great fun for us, and provide plenty of material to promote our great sim.
    I think a tournament like this would just emphasize the e-sport aspect of this sim. (We might open up a little in that direction too...)

Something like this... What do you think?
    Last edited by Gingerbread; Oct-28-2019 at 17:56.

27. Likes DerDa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerbread View Post
    I don't think you need an excuse if you bring the comrades too!

Wow, JG4 vs JG52... That would be a sight to see!

Hm, I think the idea of the First Intersquadron Tournament (aka F.I.S.T. ) just born in my head! (Well, considering the long history of the IL2 series and let alone CLOD, it might not be the first, but it sounds good. )

- 4vs4 pure combat matches (it could be 8vs8, but not all squadrons have so many members yet...)
    - 1 match consisting of 2 rounds
    - 1 round could be 90 or 120 mins (depending of map size) (so 1 match would be 3-4h long, as a normal ATAG map)
    - 1st round: TeamA is red, TeamB is blue, 2nd round TeamA is blue, TeamB is red.
    - team with the most kills of each round gets 2 point (Bonus points may be awarded, for example: 1 point to the team of the player with the most kill, or like these. Needs further ideas.)
    - matchload would be 1 match/team/month
    - squadrons could sign up maximum 10 members for the tournament
    - and 4+1 members for each match (so a substitute would be possible during the match)
    - squadrons with high number of members could enter in the tournament with multiple teams, but no "overlapping" of the teammembers would be allowed
    - matches would be streamed over twich or other popular streaming apps "live" (possibly with at least 15 mins delay to avoid spying)
    - at the end of the tournament the Golden Wing Award would be awarded to the individual player with the most frags overall (something like the Golden Ball Award in football )

I know, we have the TigerMoth Cup to test the skills of individual pilots in a classic plane, the AtagAssaults to fly together in bombers, the TWC campaigns to recreate history.
    These events (and the videos of many talented individual players) already provide many many hours of great fun for us, and provide plenty of material to promote our great sim.
    I think a tournament like this would just emphasize the e-sport aspect of this sim. (We might open up a little in that direction too...)

Something like this... What do you think?
    I remember that there was a tournament once upon a time, in the very early days of CloD.
    It was before I became involved so I don't know first hand, but I have heard that it turned out quite boring for the spectators.
    On the other hand a tournament with 2 vs. 2 or 4 vs. 4, emphasizing teamwork sounds very interesting to me.

In the experience of the last month: there is nothing like special events to bring people to the servers, so why not give it a try.

29. Likes Gingerbread liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

No music or fancy effects, but here's a video I have put together of the first two sorties... up to the point when I got the chop.

Man I should've had that 109 at the end. Just got too low

Intel i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHZ Quad core , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti , 8GB RAM , Windows 10 pro 64-Bit, ASUS VS 278 27" Monitor , Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Joystick

Saitek pro Flight Yoke, quadrant and rudder pedals

PS3 eye Head Tracker using Trackhat software. Secondary Head Tracker , Ed Tracker

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Nice one Lase!

Just shows how great these events are and the number of pilots involved.

Also it highlights what a bunch of sitting ducks we were.

Thanks for sharing.

"A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Laser View Post
    No music or fancy effects, but here's a video I have put together of the first two sorties... up to the point when I got the chop.

Man I should've had that 109 at the end. Just got too low

Wow, that 5 wing Vic formation at 4:25 is so tight. Nice to be surrounded by so many great pilots.

The warm up was very organized, as well. Those staggered spawn points helped.

An air traffic controller for home base would be a good addition to these assaults. That person could also assist with Squadron movements, and help track the enemy.

Thanks for the video, Laser.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.63 MB

Wow, that reckless dash to Dungeness - so hairy!

Thanks for posting, Lase!

34. Likes ATAG_Vampire, ATAG_Laser liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_DRock View Post
    An air traffic controller for home base would be a good addition to these assaults. That person could also assist with Squadron movements, and help track the enemy.
    Absolutely.
    Is it possible to include a control tower object on airfields where a human could spawn in and have full visibility on the ground? Ideally from this position one should also have access to more detailed radar information to be able to track enemy/friendly aircraft.

36. Likes Gingerbread, DRock liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    353.99 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    Absolutely.
    Is it possible to include a control tower object on airfields where a human could spawn in and have full visibility on the ground? Ideally from this position one should also have access to more detailed radar information to be able to track enemy/friendly aircraft.

Yes, the controller could have access to a modified map there, where the reports of the operational radar stations would appear automatically, but he/she could also put down plane markers manually to follow ongoing operations and track enemies reported by pilots. He/she should also be able to manually mark found ground targets (like ships, convoys, etc.), maybe with two different markers to follow their state also (live/destroyed).

I think, on a longer term, the control tower of an airfield and the operations room could be separated or at least there should be allowed to spawn in at least two player. One, who sees and manages the airfield traffic, and one who would be the chief executive mission commander.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerbread View Post

Yes, the controller could have access to a modified map there, where the reports of the operational radar stations would appear automatically, but he/she could also put down plane markers manually to follow ongoing operations and track enemies reported by pilots. He/she should also be able to manually mark found ground targets (like ships, convoys, etc.), maybe with two different markers to follow their state also (live/destroyed).

I think, on a longer term, the control tower of an airfield and the operations room could be separated or at least there should be allowed to spawn in at least two player. One, who sees and manages the airfield traffic, and one who would be the chief executive mission commander.
    We would ideally need to allow a third person in (to bring coffee/tea to the controllers)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast