Thread: Hello ATAG Fam

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hello ATAG Fam

Looking forward to playing with you all. You guys are quite the crew by the looks of it! See you in the air. Also quick question, is there a way to switch my user tag in CloD? Or is that something you change in steam?

-CheeKey

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Re: Hello ATAG Fam

Welcome mate. Look forward to seeing you in the air.

Pattie

3. Likes ATAG_Snapper, CheeKey, ATAG_Scones liked this post
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Hello CheeKey

Welcome to the ATAG forum and this great CloD community.

To change your nickname in CloD go to your Steam profile and hit the edit button, change your name and save.

I hope to see you online very soon. Just jump into the ATAG 'Allies v Axis' channel on Teamspeak, say 'Hi' to everyone and get stuck in. If you have any questions ask in TS. The other pilots will be happy to help you out. This is a very friendly place, with a great bunch of people.

Have fun, that is what it is all about.

"A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    328.74 MB

Welcome Chee!
    Will definitely see you in the skies.

Feel free to come along to some of our upcomming events such as our next Tiger Moth Shootout

26th possibly? There is a thread on it in the events section

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Hey, hey, hey! You found us, Cheekey! Excellent! Glad to have you aboard.....now for some fun!

Yes, as Vamps has said above, 'get stuck in!' You can't really go wrong. All the information you need can be found on the ATAG Forum and there are many many skilled pilots here who can help you out with any problems. Just post here and answers will come in. As Vamps has already stated, this is a very friendly respectful and friendly Community so you will be welcomed and find yourself with a wingman very quickly. You'll soon learn who flies Red and who flies Blue and, which ever side you choose to fly for, you will discover that there are many highly skilled pilots here. Expect to be shot down many, many times! The ATAG skies in Axis and Allies are a very dangerous place to fly!

Do not fly staraight and level in the combat zone for more than ten seconds........keep checking your six....you get the picture?

But having said that, its a fantastic way to learn something new, make great friends and immerse yourself in the atmosphere and thrill of Summer 1940! If I can make one plea it would be to ask you to download and use Team Speak. That means we can chat to you while flying and help you with any problems quickly. We can also fly together more effectively...and you'll better understand all our jokes....well, maybe not that last point! But Team Speak increases the fun tenfold!!!!!

We will be looking out for you and I hope we get to wing up soon! Good luck and.......Salute!
    Last edited by ATAG_Marlow; Oct-15-2019 at 07:41.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thank you guys! All helpful stuff. Got TS up and running and will most likely be on for the event for the RAF bomber raid but I will be blue side flying solo just to get a feel for what an event looks and feels like unless someone wants to have a wingman. I am definitely interested in the Tiger Moth event but not sure how my schedule is going to look for that day yet.

I have put in about 30 hours in so far and starting to feel comfortable. I have my private pilot license in real life so the flying and getting used to a flight sim has been a pretty seamless transition. I have a lot to learn but this is a whole lot of fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

the event will be carnage Fam.

Probably not the best place to fly lonewolf on a jolly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Quote Originally Posted by CheeKey View Post
    I have my private pilot license in real life so the flying and getting used to a flight sim has been a pretty seamless transition. I have a lot to learn.....
    Good God, man...you'll be teaching us! Ha ha! Salute....and see you soon!

10. Likes farley, CheeKey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.00 MB

Hi CheeKey

Hope to see you very soon . Have fun and as others have already said , get stuck in . TeamSpeak a must for coms if you're planning on going online .

I see from your replies you're thinking of flying blue . My goodness you should keep well away from the Dark Side or forever will it control you .

The Dark Side will only lead you on a path to anger and hatred and resentment ( Flying with Marlow can do that actually ). Think hard before you decide ,

there is only one true light , fly RED !!!!!!! and may the force be with you .

"Rules are put in place for the guidance of the wise and the obedience of fools" - J W Thomas

Intel i7-6700k 4.00GHz , 850w PSU , GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB GPU , 16GB RAM , Acer Predator Z35p Monitor , TrackIR5 , Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S , MGF Crosswind Rudder Pedals .

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Knight View Post
    The Dark Side will only lead you on a path to anger and hatred and resentment ( Flying with Marlow can do that actually ). Think hard before you decide ,

there is only one true light , fly RED !!!!!!! and may the force be with you .

....................I'll give you the bloody force, Knighty!!!!! Ha ha! Salute!

13. Likes ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Hi Cheekey,

I'm with Bruv. Just jump in on team speak and wing up with guys flying blue.

That way you will find yourself amongst the action rather quickly.

I remember the first time I saw a big time dogfight. It was in awe. It looks real, and to think every single aircraft is being flown by a human somewhere in the world is incredible.

Be prepared to get shot down a lot until you get used to it.

Cliffs is hard, but it's in that difficulty where you will find the rewards for perseverance.

Pattle
    Last edited by ATAG_Pattle; Oct-15-2019 at 16:06.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Marlow View Post

Do not fly straight and level in the combat zone for more than ten seconds........
    Bloody hell Marlow, I didn't know that ever flying straight and level for longer than that was even an option!

Back to EFTS for me....

"If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

16. Likes ATAG_TCP, CheeKey, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Word!
    Welp, I am set on being blue(the dark side). So, Marlow, where do I go to get set up with a flight element?(and hopefully my TrakIr comes in before the 19th.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Word!
    Welp, I am set on being blue(the dark side). So, Marlow, where do I go to get set up with a flight element?(and hopefully my TrakIr comes in before the 19th.)
    Hi Cheekey........I am mostly a Red pilot so I am not so up to date with Blue pilots but I can say there are a great many excellent Blue pilots out there who will welcome you with open arms. ATAG_Noofy, ATAG_DRock, ATAG_Jeepy, ATAG_Snarglepuss come to mind. I mention them because they are all English speakers. They often fly the G50 as part of 'The Italian Stallions.'.......yes, they are a bit 'full of themselves!' Ha ha! There are many other excellent pilots whose names escape me.....TGMAS, Petrodollar, Steiger,.....too many to remember! All are excellent pilots and great chaps!

Then there are our friends (though they WILL insist on shooting me down!!!Grrr!) over at JG4 and, of course, JG52. These gentlemen are true 'knights of the air.' They fly the 109 variants in the way the designer originally intended (not as Goering later demanded!) and they are very serious 'experten!' If they are on the server we red pilots take serious note and spend the next few hours craning backwards, watching our sixes! I have spent a few hours with the outstanding, JG52 Meyer, flying 109's and learnt masses in a very short time and I am sure that he would not mind you 'tagging along' with the eagles at 25 000 feet, to see how they operate.

Then I see you have already had an offer to join 119 Squadron for a sortie or three. I often enjoy flying with 119. They are a great bunch and have done much to keep our Community 'bubbling' over the last year. Even though you want to eventually fly Blue it might be an idea to get some experience of the Hurricane and Spitfire (Choose the Spitfire 1A (100 octane) first, before moving over to .......'The Dark Side!' (Thank you Knighty!)

I am away from the server and my computer until next Monday but would be glad to 'wing up' with you in a 109, once I'm back. It's not my forte but I would be glad to show you the basics until you are ready to 'spread your wings,' with more expert 109 drivers.

Let me know if this appeals and we can set a date to meet on the flight line! A quick schnaps...and we'll be off! Good luck and ...salute!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    78.06 MB

Word!
    Hello CheeKey, don't let any of these reprobates convince you that there is anything wrong with flying Blue; it wouldn't be much of a game if we all flew on the same side!

On a more serious note, I don't know what how much practice you've had to date in the game and on what types, but there is some truth in the benefit of starting on the Hurricane or the Spitfire. They're much more forgiving both in terms of engine management and handling than the 109 if you're still getting used to the basics in Cliffs, not that it feels that way when you first start! If you're truly committed to starting in the 109 then just be prepared to blow a lot of engines and smash many an undercarriage - and don't worry, we've all been there!

You don't say what corner of the world you hail from, but if your availability corresponds with mine at all I'm happy to help show you the ropes.

20. Likes ATAG_Vampire, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Marlow View Post
    ...They often fly the G50 as part of 'The Italian Stallions.'.......yes, they are a bit 'full of themselves!' Ha ha! ...

CheeKey do not hesitate to wave next time you see me on TeamSpeak. I’ll be more than happy to help you out with the beautiful "flying vespa" that all reds dread
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hello ATAG Family

Hi Guys (People), Thanks for the approval. I am a technical writer so if there is anything (manuals, tech instructions etc) that I can do to help please let me know. I have had CLOD for a while but I am still learning how to drive it properly. The training missions are interesting the flight famil in the tiger when the instructor takes over he flies all over the place and then crashes into a hill. No matter what I try I cannot take over so it is just sit back and wait for the end. I also fly Rise of Flight which is fun
    Have a good one.
    Paul
    Paul

23. Likes ATAG_Torian, farley, ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

G'day Paul, good to see another Strayan. If u need any help just ask here or PM me and we can get online n go thru the ropes.
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    123.26 MB

Re: Hello ATAG Family

Quote Originally Posted by Paul1957 View Post
    The training missions are interesting the flight family in the tiger when the instructor takes over he flies all over the place and then crashes into a hill. No matter what I try I cannot take over so it is just sit back and wait for the end.
    Hi Paul, welcome to the wonderful yet wacky world of flight sims. When flying the Tiger Moth, you need to be in the correct seat to take control, if your not you'll just be going for a ride. It's been a while since I've flown the old bird so not exactly sure which seat does what! I'm sure there will be others that can help you out with the specifics.

26. Likes ATAG_Knight liked this post