Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Weird Cliffs Crash

  1. #1
    Manual Creation Group Woop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    73.08 MB

    Weird Cliffs Crash

    A friend is having trouble with his Cliffs. Could you guys shed some light on the issue?

    https://aircombatgroup.co.uk/forum/v...009edbe59da609

  2. #2
    ATAG Member ATAG_DRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,198
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

    Re: Weird Cliffs Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by Woop View Post
    A friend is having trouble with his Cliffs. Could you guys shed some light on the issue?

    https://aircombatgroup.co.uk/forum/v...009edbe59da609
    I’d like to help if I can, Woop, but this link requires you to register and login.

  3. #3
    Manual Creation Group Woop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    73.08 MB

    Re: Weird Cliffs Crash

    Sorry about that mate, here is the discussion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopes post_id=151218 time=1571601066 user_id=1456
    I cannot play Blitz in multiplayer mode. I join the server, enter password if there is one, jpg and loading bar pop up. Then i get nothing.
    Have completly removed game and re installed.
    Turned off my firewall.
    Verify files through steam.
    All fails on trying to connect to any multiplayer server. Single player is no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey post_id=151223 time=1571605875 user_id=1160
    I had that - ended up doing a full re-install of windows (which solved it) ... but that is a bit drastic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy post_id=151224 time=1571606602 user_id=2678
    I’ve been experiencing similar issues. Trouble joining servers, hanging on load up. If it loads after hitting create I have to alt-tab out, then back in because the game freezes. It then seems to run ok but after tonight’s test I think there is some latency/lag issues. Also all my control settings are forgotten each time I load up and I have to remap each time I play.

    Ive done the same as you

    Removed & installed
    Turned off then uninstalled anti virus
    Verified files through steam

    Nothing changed.

    What seemed to have an effect was disabling all networks bar the one that gives me internet connectivity. Try it and see how you get on.

    Let me know if it works. Still trying to get to the bottom of all these issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digby post_id=151233 time=1571609102 user_id=2633
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy post_id=151224 time=1571606602 user_id=2678
    I’ve been experiencing similar issues. Trouble joining servers, hanging on load up. If it loads after hitting create I have to alt-tab out, then back in because the game freezes. It then seems to run ok but after tonight’s test I think there is some latency/lag issues. Also all my control settings are forgotten each time I load up and I have to remap each time I play.

    Ive done the same as you

    Removed & installed
    Turned off then uninstalled anti virus
    Verified files through steam

    Nothing changed.

    What seemed to have an effect was disabling all networks bar the one that gives me internet connectivity. Try it and see how you get on.

    Let me know if it works. Still trying to get to the bottom of all these issues.
    EXACTLY the same alt tab issues, where the game will not load until doing so. Glad to see I am not alone!

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopes post_id=151323 time=1571949062 user_id=1456
    Just tried again. Uninstalled looked for every folder related to blitz, checked registry. Deleted it all.
    Reinstall click multiplayer join server, get hang on loading bar.

    Found error log in event viewer that just says high level window hang

    Quote Originally Posted by Toast post_id=151327 time=1571953312 user_id=1600
    http://dangerdogz.com/forums/topic/1...d-multiplayer/

    Found this, ? Compatibility. Used to work only windows 7 but mine is unticked now so I guess this is updated. Might be worth a look if not already thought about.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cule post_id=151330 time=1571986335 user_id=3017
    Coopes, do you by any chance have more than one network adapters? Blitz has notorious issues when more than one is enabled.



    Also, try running the software with win7 compatibility (dont know about Blitz, but in 1946 this solved a plethora of issues).

    I have no more ideas for now...

  4. Likes ATAG_Pattle, ATAG_DRock liked this post
  5. #4
    Team Fusion TWC_Fatal_Error's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    503
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    222.40 MB

    Re: Weird Cliffs Crash

    Woop make sure steam cloud is not enabled as this causes problems in remembering control settings would be the first thing I would look at sir
    i7 2700 ,32 gigs, 4 ssd's ,1 7200rpm 2terabyte,1 samsung 55 display,2 mfd's,EDTRACKER,Warthog ,X55 stick, 7inch liliput monitor in mfd's 21 I-inc secondary display for instruments using virtual cockpit
    [*]iustus facere unus[*] JUST MAKE ONE ( FATAL ERROR) Commander TWC "The Wrecking Crew"

  6. #5
    Manual Creation Group Woop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    73.08 MB

    Re: Weird Cliffs Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Fatal_Error View Post
    Woop make sure steam cloud is not enabled as this causes problems in remembering control settings would be the first thing I would look at sir
    Thanks, that has been done and it now remembers control settings etc.

  7. #6
    ATAG Member ATAG_DRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,198
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

    Re: Weird Cliffs Crash

    With windows 7, I had to run the game as an admin or those similar things would happen.


    Also, maybe it’s time to upgrade to windows 10.

  8. #7
    ATAG Member ATAG_DRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,198
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

    Re: Weird Cliffs Crash

    Woop, is this only happening in multiplayer online play?

    Is the game ok in single player?

    Can he join any server?

  9. #8
    ATAG Member ATAG_DRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,198
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

    Re: Weird Cliffs Crash

    This update was also an issue when I had windows 7.

    Remove it from windows updates. Clear cache.

    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ead.php?t=3528

  10. #9
    Manual Creation Group Woop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    73.08 MB

    Re: Weird Cliffs Crash

    Seems to have been fixed by editing the compatibility. Thanks gents!

  11. Likes ATAG_DRock liked this post

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •