Thread: Release Notes for Blitz 4.57

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Release Notes for Blitz 4.57

Attached are the release notes for Blitz 4.57. Steam should automatically update. Also, we have revised the AI order and command menu. These are functional for the most part, it is still a work in progress. These are not yet perfected and there are still anomalies that haven't been looked at. We will continue to improve the AI and the commands while we work towards the release of 5.0.

Bugs that were fixed:
    https://www.tfbt.nuvturais.de/issues/842
    https://www.tfbt.nuvturais.de/issues/479
    https://www.tfbt.nuvturais.de/issues/817

RELEASE NOTES FILE:

Cliffs-Of-Dover-Blitz-4.57.pdf

RELEASE NOTES:

While creating the upcoming TF 5.0 Tobruk of the CLIFFS OF DOVER series, we
    also improve many things that also benefit CLIFFS OF DOVER BLITZ, so we're very
    happy to release this new patch 4.57 with the following improvements:

- Fixed: Bomb defuse message shows when rearming non-bomb-carrying aircraft.
    - Fixed: Individual magneto keybindings (e.g. Magneto #1 on #1 Engine - Toggle) not
    effective on single engined aircraft.
    - Fixed: Fiat G.50, mouse clicks on magnetos in cockpit not effective.
    - Fixed: Static Objects loosing underground portions when seen from more that 499m.
    - Fixed: Artillery cannot be manned by players.
    - Fixed: Naval and Artillery will fire at targets in range even when not having a line of
    sight.
    - Fixed: Spitfire amp meter shows incorrect values.
    - Revised AI: Order Menu (aka TAB Menu) commands for AI now are functional.
    This is a further step in a series of AI improvements we hope to make for CLIFFS OF
    DOVER BLITZ as well as our upcoming TF 5.0 Tobruk release.
    - In patch 4.56 the autumn trees on the Channel Autumn Map were erroneously
    replaced with the summer trees. This has been corrected

ATAG_Pattle will be back in the next few hours to hopefully give you a little bit more info and perhaps a more elegant guide about the AI menu/commands.

Regarding the menu, the options will vary depending on which side you are flying and which position (hierarchy) you are in your squadron.

The order menu has seven first level entries, being Recipient, Help me, Maintain Radio Silence, Mission, Air Targets, Navigation, and Ground Control.

Every one of the above besides Mission and Ground Control are relevant for commanding the AI.

Dark red options are not available, red options are available, and orange options have sub-entries (Colors may change in future updates to be more user friendly).

The Order Menu is navigated with keys 1-9, and 0 to go back one entry. When holding down Alt or Ctrl keys, you will have additional options.

With 1. Recipients, you enter into the recipients menu which allows for two additional command modifiers (Alt and Ctrl).

You may press any number and select one of the recipients for the message. You may hold Ctrl and press any number, and you expand certain menu items. Holding Alt and pressing any number you can select as many Flights as you want as long as they are under your command.

Like I said, hopefully Pattle can get something more elegant together when he returns. Our Beta testers, most notably Bonditaria and DerDa may post here if they would like to give you more detail since they have more knowledge in this area. Bonditaria also has a quick youtube video showing the workings of the Alt and Ctrl modifiers.

Thank you and enjoy!

Oh, and why not:

2.jpg

5.jpg
    Last edited by RAF74_Buzzsaw; Oct-25-2019 at 21:20.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Re: Release Notes for Blitz 4.57

The Release Notes should mention that in 4.56 the autumn trees on the Channel Autumn Map were erroneously
    replaced with the summer trees and TFS decided to include the fix for that in 4.57.

Added: Buzzsaw
    Last edited by RAF74_Buzzsaw; Oct-25-2019 at 21:26.

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA507NV, AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS CPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU, 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM, 16 GB DDR5 RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 11 Home 23H2, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VKB Gladiator Pro, MFG Crosswind, Wheel Stand Pro, EIZO CS240, Track-IR 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Nice job and thanks for the new update!
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

4. Likes ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.63 MB

Nice!

Thanks Spiritus, and Bonditaria.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Bonditaria View Post
    The Release Notes should mention that in 4.56 the autumn trees on the Channel Autumn Map were erroneously
    replaced with the summer trees and TFS decided to include the fix for that in 4.57.
    And we so hoped that nobody would have noticed!
    :-)

7. Likes ATAG_Knight, ATAG_TCP, Bonditaria, deep liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    76.64 MB

It would make sense to make the possible entry green, the sub-entries orange and the none available normal red. This will make it easier. I do not understand why the use of Control key is included, this is extra input on the keyboard and takes more time. But the main thing is how the AI reacts on the commands and that is in 4.57 and before very limited.

Only few commands work for example asking vector to home base works, only is the English very difficult to hear. Type of formation and distance in this formation are working, the AI reacts on this. I found out that abort mission works in some cases, return to base on the other hand does not work, no reaction from AI.

I did some brainstorming, and the essential radio commands and messages are in my opinion:

1 Vector to home base works, but the English ground control is difficult to hear.
    2 Type of formation and distance in formation are working.
    3 Command nr 2 to cover your six. (!)
    4 Command for immediate help.
    5 Command to proceed to next waypoint.
    6 Command to return to base. (Or abort mission would be the same in my opinion)
    7 Command to attack fighters/bombers/ground targets.
    8 Command to defend fighters/bombers/ground targets.
    9 Message enemy/friendly fighters/bombers/ground targets in sight.
    10 Message out of ammo or fuel.
    11 Message my aircraft is damaged retuning to base.
    12 Message my aircraft is damaged I have to bail out.
    13 Message aircraft shot down.

These commands and messages could come from player and AI. With this set up there is a limited tree of menu, so faster input.
    Last edited by Bussard; Oct-25-2019 at 19:45.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    328.74 MB

Thanks for the update Spiritus!
    Looking forward to the AI menu changes! Good to see those small quality of life improvements

Oh and veeeery nice screenshots

Don't worry Artist, we notice.......everything

That's it really, we just notice stuff

10. Likes \Hawk/ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Artist View Post
    And we so hoped that nobody would have noticed!
    shot_20190914_031941.jpg
    shot_20190914_030744.jpg
    Please note the tree colors have been updated 25 october : in version 4.57.3 the trees are orange again. These videos are out of date. Apparently TFS hadn't intended to change the tree color and now the error is fixed. Thanks TFS!
    Please note the tree colors have been updated 25 october : in version 4.57.3 the trees are orange again. These videos are out of date. Apparently TFS hadn't intended to change the tree color and now the error is fixed. Thanks TFS!

Enjoying the new colour scheme of English_Channel_1940_Autumn with no orange trees... it's a huge improvement!

Hi Artist, I made an error and celebrated the changed trees as if it was an improvement and by now a Load of People have watched my youtube video with the new/temporary/erroneous colors. You may have missed them, they were in the 4.56 release thread. I'm glad the error was fixed its always proper to fix errors of course, though I thought the green trees looked 1000x better with the Autumn field colors. Its September, and it isn't Vermont. Thanks for fixing the game. If only I hadn't already made those popular videos - but I had No Idea green trees was an Error... so now I felt it important to correct the record and Mention This Change in the release notes thread. You had zero chance that this would slip by unnoticed - I had publicly called the error, a huge improvement! Egg on my face! Regards, Bondi.

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA507NV, AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS CPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU, 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM, 16 GB DDR5 RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 11 Home 23H2, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VKB Gladiator Pro, MFG Crosswind, Wheel Stand Pro, EIZO CS240, Track-IR 5

12. Likes ATAG_TCP, ATAG_Marlow, ATAG_Scones, \Hawk/ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    328.74 MB

Don't worry Bondi,
    They had me completely fooled aswell.
    But how was I to know it wasn't intended?
    I live in Australia, the green trees on the autumn colours look ENTIRELY realistic to me, just like an Aussie summer during drought I thoughts!
    Just like a snapshot of Warwick at this time of year

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Bussard View Post
    .. asking vector to home base works, only is the English very difficult to hear. Type of formation and distance in this formation are working, the AI reacts on this.
    Those commands (vector and formation) are not changed, they work since 2011.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Thank you TFS for the patch

16. Likes ATAG_TCP, Bonditaria, \Hawk/ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Its September, and it isn't Vermont.

My thoughts exactly

Now it's end of October here in Germany and the forest I see from my window is still mostly green (no, no fir trees, oaks and beeches just like in merry old England ... thank you for the hint ...).

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    76.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    Those commands (vector and formation) are not changed, they work since 2011.
    Yes they work fine since the release in 2011.