Thread: Sensitive rudder issues, it's now holed up with a box of tissues and the film Beaches

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    5.91 MB

Sensitive rudder issues, it's now holed up with a box of tissues and the film Beaches

Hi Chaps,
    I'm looking for advise on setting sensetivity on some Thrustmaster T-Flight rudder pedals.
    I'm using them successfully in Box at 100% sensitivity setting, it gives me a reasonable travel and no fits or starts.
    however i've tried them at 0%, 50%, and 100% in clod and they're just massively too sensitive?
    the slightest movement and i'm thrashing like a prize marlin.

any idea's or tips? I've had a forum search and there seems to be a fair few who have sets.

i'm particularly having issues in the 109, the minute i move the pedal she kicks like a mule, my aim is bad enough already
    Thanks
    Some Useful aviation terms:
    Engine Failure: A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.
    Firewall: Section of the aircraft specially designed to let heat and smoke enter the cockpit.
    Glide Distance: Half the distance from the airplane to the nearest emergency landing field.
    Overshoot: To run out of ammo on your first pass.

Ryzen 5 3600 | 16Gigs DDR4 2666mhz | Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super 8gb | Win 10 Pro x64 |WD m.2 500gb
    Trackhat clip with PS3 eye| VKB Gladiator Mk.II | TWCS Throttle and rudder pedals | 2 x Logitech Throttle Quadrants.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Re: Sensitive rudder issues, it's now holed up with a box of tissues and the film Bea

Set the sensitivity at 1, and increase the center deadzone.
    Last edited by ATAG_Noofy; Nov-06-2019 at 12:48.
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

3. Likes ATAG_Scones, Melonfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    207.95 MB

Re: Sensitive rudder issues, it's now holed up with a box of tissues and the film Bea

Have you already tried the Target Software from Thrustmaster ?

I`ve recently downloaded the Target Software, and I am very happy with it. It gives you the possibility to adjust the settings of your flight stick, throttle and pedals much more accurate than in CLOD. The Software can be downloaded from the Thrustmaster Website.

https://support.thrustmaster.com/de/...t16000mfcs-de/

On the Website is also a manual available, where the configuration and the function of the Software is described. It`s also possible to create different profiles for different flight sims.

Cheers

Twin

5. Likes ATAG_Scones, ATAG_Noofy, Melonfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

I have them too. ( bought them 2 years ago as part of a all-inclusive set composed of Joystick-Throttle-Pedals )

The big problem about them is not the sensibility that you can set, IMHO, but the rails on which they are mounted and how they work ( or rather very jerkily ) rendering small and precise movements almost impossible with them ( compared to what you can get using the joystick of the same brand ).

I've tried everything ( Buying the optional switch/selector, greasing the rails in different ways and using different professional lubrificants, using them with and without shoes, dismounting the spring to re-center them, loosen the screws of the pedals/rail guides, etc ) but nothing has ever been even remotely close to mine preferences or expectations or, at least, to something effective in combat. Currently I use them only as brakes ( left-right ), using the joystick for the rudder control instead ( Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS ).

Speaking of flight sims ( and about CLoD in particular ) and based on my current experience with them in the last 2 years, I think they are good only for 3 purposes:

1- To rest your feet while flying

2- As a light gymn stepper when not flying

3- To fill the trash bin close to your PC
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Nov-06-2019 at 22:47.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

7. Likes Melonfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    5.91 MB

Cheers chaps,
    The target software I tried once...Once.
    i wasn't a fan, though I may look at it again just to be sure, my stick i've switched from the 16000 to the VKB Gladiator II which I thoroughly love to bits.
    But the known rail issues for the Throttle and the pedals I am aware of, I've actually picked up some Nyogel online and do plan to re-grease all the rails on both devices, it's supposed to help a lot, i have added elastic bands to the spring on the pedals too to stiffen them a little, that has helped tbh but I thinkt he nyogel may help a bit more.

I'll certainly try the centre deadzone thing too, see what that does

as an entry level set the thrustmaster stuff is good, but a virpil throttle (or warthog I guess) and a set of crosswing pedals would be lovely, though my wife would utterly skin me alive if i bought them now, especially since i've only just upgraded my pc

Pete
    Some Useful aviation terms:
    Engine Failure: A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.
    Firewall: Section of the aircraft specially designed to let heat and smoke enter the cockpit.
    Glide Distance: Half the distance from the airplane to the nearest emergency landing field.
    Overshoot: To run out of ammo on your first pass.

Ryzen 5 3600 | 16Gigs DDR4 2666mhz | Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super 8gb | Win 10 Pro x64 |WD m.2 500gb
    Trackhat clip with PS3 eye| VKB Gladiator Mk.II | TWCS Throttle and rudder pedals | 2 x Logitech Throttle Quadrants.

9. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Melonfish View Post
    though my wife would utterly skin me alive if i bought them now, especially since i've only just upgraded my pc

Pete
    You can tell her that you have bought on Amazon, and for her only, a wonderful cookware set.
    Once the package containg the pedals will arrive at your home you will tell her that they have sent to you the wrong thing ( simulating, in the meanwhile, an astonished face, as much as possible ) for some unknown reasons and that the package can't be returned
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    498.76 MB

I also have these pedals, and they do not work very well by the system of the rails but much worse not having any. I use them with the program JoystickCurves https://xedocproject.com/joystickcurves.html

12. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post