Thread: Get the Self Inflicted Dynamic Campaign while it' s hot

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Get the Self Inflicted Dynamic Campaign while it' s hot

Hi all,

I've been building something and testing it on my own. Recently, I realized that it' s too much fun to keep around the house. Also, more guys test software better than a single guy. What I built can grow a dynamic campaign out of a .mis file built in the Full Mission Builder . No GUI yet, I've yet to learn how to program that. All You lot get are console applications, but they'll get the job done. More details, as well as the download link:

SIDC page

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Re: Get the Self Inflicted Dynamic Campaign while it' s hot

Thanks for your efforts Leo.

Would be interested in hearing what people think of the program.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Whew! I visited your website via the link you provided - lots of detail and lots of good reading!

It was in the wee hours this morning, my head was spinning (pretty much my virtual flying style, as well...), so I will have to come back to it later to give your site the time it richly deserves.

Thank you for the huge amount of effort you’ve put into this. Looks fantastic!

Snapper

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

4. Likes danperin, Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Leo72 you made a really astonishing work! Impressive indeed! Well done Flieger!

Regarding the RAF74_Buzzsaw statement/request in his reply my 2 cents, also if i can't be surely defined an offline campaign player lover, are these:

- Extremely good if this program could have also some multiplayer application ( For example if it could give the chance of adding to the game online dynamic campaigns, it could be an absolutely great addition indeed )

Speaking of its current state instead ( or rather single/offline player dedicated ) ok for its possible inclusion in the game/future patches but taking these two things in mind:

- It should have no impact/s on game performances

- It should not require too much work by TFS to include it in the game ( due to their already " limited human resources/high load of work " ).
    Said in brief if it's something that can be added without too much work/difficulties by TFS ok, if, instead it's something that could possibly drain " resources " from the already high load of work they have do for the patch 5.0, probably better including it in a second time, when the main things/works about the patch 5.0 will be already released/completed

Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi guys

You're all very welcome, and thanks for taking the time to write.

Cordially,
    Leo

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

TF cannot include the program in the game unless Leo joins us as a member.... 1C will not publish material from outside non-copyright secure sources.

Quote Originally Posted by SKG 210_Mölders View Post
    Leo72 you made a really astonishing work! Impressive indeed! Well done Flieger!

Regarding the RAF74_Buzzsaw statement/request in his reply my 2 cents, also if i can't be surely defined an offline campaign player lover, are these:

- Extremely good if this program could have also some multiplayer application ( For example if it could give the chance of adding to the game online dynamic campaigns, it could be an absolutely great addition indeed )

Speaking of its current state instead ( or rather single/offline player dedicated ) ok for its possible inclusion in the game/future patches but taking these two things in mind:

- It should have no impact/s on game performances

- It should not require too much work by TFS to include it in the game ( due to their already " limited human resources/high load of work " ).
    Said in brief if it's something that can be added without too much work/difficulties by TFS ok, if, instead it's something that could possibly drain " resources " from the already high load of work they have do for the patch 5.0, probably better including it in a second time, when the main things/works about the patch 5.0 will be already released/completed

8. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders, Dauntless liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    424.49 MB

Last edited by Cassius; Sep-24-2020 at 15:07.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
    Leo could you cheak the zip file at your resourse please. Seems it is broken.
    This looks like a zip file but it is a gzip archive which is different and windows 10 doesn't want to unzip it. It can be opened with another software, I used 7-Zip a free and open-source file archiver, and the dynamic mission generator actually works properly and its fun, so keep trying its worth it!
    Last edited by Bonditaria; Nov-22-2019 at 06:10.

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA507NV, AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS CPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU, 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM, 16 GB DDR5 RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 11 Home 23H2, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VKB Gladiator Pro, MFG Crosswind, Wheel Stand Pro, EIZO CS240, Track-IR 5

11. Likes Cassius, ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    424.49 MB

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

I tried it with a couple of simple missions I made in the FMB, but I kept getting the same error message that indicated I did not have a player-pilot assigned, even though I did. I’m goofing up somewhere, but not sure where. I’m away from my PC today, but I will do a screen capture of the error message when I’m back home again.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    424.49 MB

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

7-zip opens the archive...

After the file is downloaded, right click and select 7zip/open archive, then double-click on the white file, it turns to yellow folder, drag it to where it has to go... good luck!
    Last edited by Bonditaria; Nov-22-2019 at 17:08.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    424.49 MB

Last edited by Cassius; Sep-24-2020 at 15:08.

17. Likes Bonditaria liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    424.49 MB

Last edited by Cassius; Sep-24-2020 at 15:13.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Code:
    Please enter the name of the .mis file You built
    in the Full Mission Builder:

SIDCtest2

The .mis file You specified doesn' t contain
    a line specifying a pilot. Please go back to the
    Full Mission Builder, load your .mis file, select
    one of the air groups and tick a "player" checkbox
    for one of the planes. Then restart this application.

Press 'c' and then ENTER to continue!
    If you mean an error that looks like this above, it is simple to do correctly: you must write the full mission file name including the extension ".mis" and then you can go further.

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA507NV, AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS CPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU, 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM, 16 GB DDR5 RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 11 Home 23H2, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VKB Gladiator Pro, MFG Crosswind, Wheel Stand Pro, EIZO CS240, Track-IR 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    424.49 MB

Last edited by Cassius; Sep-24-2020 at 15:14.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I tried again yesterday, I did the same it before, it doesn’t work for me.
    Hi

The Campaign Creation Tool.exe needs a line defining a player in the .mis file You wish to create a campaign from. It looks like this:

player squadronid.planenumber

Basically, Your mission file needs a line beginning with the word "player". Most frequently, the FMB will create such a line for You if You bothered to check a player checkbox for the plane You wish to fly in the FMB. To do this, open up Your .mis file in the FMB and activate "Mission objects" and "Object browser" panels in the dropdown menus. Place them so that they don' t overlap. Select the airgroup in the "Mission objects" panel and then the desired plane in the "Object browser" panel. Check the "player" tickmark for the desired plane, Save Your mission, and You should be good to go.

Unfortunately, sometimes when changing the planes for the same .mis file, the appropriate line isn't saved to the .mis file. To correct this, alt- tab to the OS and open up the .mis file in notepad. Check if there' s a line with the word "player". If not, You'll have to add it yourself. It should be added above the first GlobalWind section, usually denoted by:

[GlobalWind_0]

When You place Your cursor, hit enter to create a blank line, hit space twice, type "player", hit space, copy a squadron id from the [Airgroups] section below, type a '.' after the squadron id and finally type a three digit number denoting the squadron number, flight number and plane number respectively. The line should look like this:

player BOB_RAF_F_74Sqn_Early.001

, BOB_RAF_F_74Sqn_Early being the squadron id, and 001 the plane id.
    Last edited by Leo72; Dec-07-2019 at 10:06.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    424.49 MB

Last edited by Cassius; Sep-24-2020 at 15:15.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi Leo!
    I already did it.
    Attachment 42155
    Something goin wrong...
    Could You please post the entire .mis file?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    424.49 MB

Last edited by Cassius; Sep-24-2020 at 15:15.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Cassius, this mission you posted above is working in the mission creator, so you may be making this error: not entering the full mission file name with extension.

sidcusererror.jpg

26. Likes Cassius liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    424.49 MB

Last edited by Cassius; Sep-24-2020 at 15:16.

28. Likes Bonditaria liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

After an air group is placed onto an airfield, one needs to set the first waypoint of that air group to “Take off”

your mission has four airgroups with a single NORMFLY waypoint, this may not work for you, it has to be take off in the instructions on the sidc webpage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    424.49 MB

Last edited by Cassius; Sep-24-2020 at 15:16. Reason: gramar

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Just finished 1st selfcreated mission in Campaign. We attacked ships at Dunkirk by 2 groups of Stukas in 8 planes all.
    One ship was destroyed, one Hurri was shoot down by me.
    Attachment 42298 Attachment 42299 Attachment 42300
    Based on a briefing in the next mission, we will be relocated to another airfield and will attack the Radar station.
    In general, a great tool!
    Of course it need cosmetic changes to the names of airfields, ports, etc.
    But the first impression is very positive! And this is the main thing!
    Big Thanks Leo!
    I will definitely try to find time for translation and publication about this tool in our Russian-language sub-forum. If no one done it before. )
    I'm glad it worked out for You. I'm no Russian speaker, but You can try copying the text of the web page into Google translate. I'll look into Your .mis file nevertheless.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    424.49 MB

Last edited by Cassius; Sep-24-2020 at 15:19.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi Leo!
    I already started the thread about your tool SIDC at our subforum. I think all translate will be done during this week. I use Google translate only to understand mean words I don’t know. Google translate needs to be edit anyway. I did not create my own .mis file yet, and used yours .mis files cause I need to know how does it work at all than I can tell at our community about. After the translate will be done I’m going to modify .dat file by entering names of Airfilds, Factory, Ports...ext
    By the, way did you use OnBuildingKilled() function in the Script file? It works well in the single mission for owner.
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=31359

#
    I see
    You are using OnStationaryKilled()
    Hi

I downloaded the mission You posted and for me it worked off the bat. The only reason for the error message to be displayed that springs to mind is selecting the wrong nation when the Campaign Creation Tool prompts the user to.

Thank You for the link, I'll look into it as soon as I find the time. I did use solely the OnStationaryKiled() because the destruction of facilities is detected by detecting the destruction of inconspicuous stationary objects which are placed near the facilities in the Full Mission Builder. I decided to do this because some factory buildings were popping a link error when I tried to place them on the map in the FMB.

At any rate,.enjoy flying .

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    424.49 MB

Last edited by Cassius; Sep-24-2020 at 15:19.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thank you.
    Unfortunately, for today, this is the only way that the author of the mission can use to introduce into the game the concept of destruction of a number of objects such as a factory, fuel storage, various buildings for players of each side. I mean missions for multiplayer. And this method may not be entirely correct. Waiting when TFS try to solved problem with OnBuildingKilled().

What does it mean? A single factory can produce up to 10 different types of products or the maximum number of products of one type can be 10?
    It means that You can have ten different products produced by a single factory: artillery, tank, Spitfire, bicycle,... ,product10. Typically, You' ll want a Spitfire I and a Spitfire II produced in a Spitfire factory.

I have been preparing another release with a few tweaks and fixes. Last week Microsoft Security Essentials, for some reason, quit working after I updated the antivirus databases and rebooted the system. Since the support for this antivirus is going to end next month anyway, I decided to find a lasting solution and, after rolling back the system and making the necessary adjustments to the firewall, I installed AVAST Fre Antivirus. AVAST performs better and, although it was switched off on two occasions when I booted the system up with the router on, it never failed to start after a reboot with the router off. OK, so block another IP range and go back to Cliffs of Dover. Unfortunately, AVAST quarantined it as it was starting and now I' ve nothing to test what I write on. Does anyone know of a version which AVAST will aprove of? Will 4.312 work?

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hey, I really like this concept i was try to find a good dynamic campaign for this game thanks for that !

Unfortunately i run into a problem.
    I used your Proto mission to create the dynamic file (in ceiling altitude i put 8000m for all the craft cus i don't know what to put same for range between 200/400 km) however all my fights are free hunt i don't have any objectives my flight leader turn around the airfield same for all the other planes on both side.

Am i doing something wrong ?

cheers

Edit: Sorry my bad i had to put the range in meter also lol

what do you usually put in these ceiling and range thing ?
    Last edited by Coxcal06; Aug-05-2020 at 18:02.