Thread: Gustav sechs

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Gustav sechs

For some reason I temporarily felt the need to add the NSFW tag to this thread... don't know why, could be the music, the curves, intimate details, or maybe just the sound it makes. (Watch till the end)

During take-off, there doesn't seem to be a lot of aileron movement, to counter a dropping wing, perhaps it's not noticeable or maybe there is just enough right rudder input after the tails is up. "Flapping" (sporadic corrections) rudder input after touch down.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Gustav sechs

Some more 109 details, just in case the dopamine spike from the previous video is wearing off:

And some cockpit sounds:

To me, the sounds in the video seem to be closer to the real thing, unlike other videos where the camera (GoPro?) is vibrating and probably recording the sound of the vibration or the sound of the camera case? I still think that the camera in this video is picking up some frame vibrations, but to a lesser degree than other recordings.

Also check out the ending of the video, right before touch down (around the 5:20 mark), how often the pilot is checking the sides (left-right head movement) to pick up any side slip before it becomes serious.

Here's what sounds even cleaner (at least to me - a non-real-life-Messerschmitt pilot):

Last edited by katschmarek; Nov-10-2019 at 07:04.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Gustav sechs

It's the weekend, so what can one do to have a better time? Well... enjoy some Bf109 info, of course. Since Tobruk is on the horizon, here's some desert 109 trivia (a G nonetheless, since this is a Gustav thread):