Thread: Help with a script needed

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Help with a script needed

I am working on making a small script that tries to reproduce a sort of very basic aircraft black box but there are some things that I can't figure out by myself so I need a bit of help from the more expert programmers ( I have a very minimal experience in scripting )

Said so my question are:

1)- I can find easily the Instrumentation ParamType of an aircraft instrument ( for example taking it from Virtual Cockpit files ):

Sample ( Elevator Trim ):
    Code:
    double A_ElevatorTrim = curPlane.getParameter(part.ParameterTypes.A_ElevatorTrim, -1);
    But where I can find the other parameters of the instruments that are located in the " Parameters - Machine Spatial " section of the script? Is there a complete list of them available around? From where do you get them?

Samples:

Code:
    double Z_Overload = curPlane.getParameter(part.ParameterTypes.Z_Overload, -1);
    double Z_AltitudeAGL = curPlane.getParameter(part.ParameterTypes.Z_AltitudeAGL, -1);
    double Z_AltitudeMSL = curPlane.getParameter(part.ParameterTypes.Z_AltitudeMSL, -1);
    double Z_VelocityIAS = curPlane.getParameter(part.ParameterTypes.Z_VelocityIAS, -1);
    double Z_VelocityTAS = curPlane.getParameter(part.ParameterTypes.Z_VelocityTAS, -1);
    double Z_VelocityMach = curPlane.getParameter(part.ParameterTypes.Z_VelocityMach, -1);
    double Z_AmbientAirTemperature = curPlane.getParameter(part.ParameterTypes.Z_AmbientAirTemperature, -1);
    2- I would like to add to the script also the right and left engine water temperature ( Bf 110 )...how can I do it? I mean, the ParamType is I_EngineWatTemp but how I let the script recognise/distinguish the left one, from the right one?

3- The script works on a dedicated Lobby but not online on a public server...Is there a way to let it work online too? If yes, what I have to modify/edit in the script? ( I'm asking this because I would like to start to use a script instead of Virtual cockpit that drains precious resources anf FPS from my PC, if possible )

4- Once I run the mission on the dedicated Lobby the yellow, capital on screen message is displayed at the top of the screen...How can I move it to the bottom of the screen instead? Is it possible to change the colour in which the writings are displayed? ( In medium blue for example )

Below there is the script I'm currently using. If you want/can help me, please, in your reply report/post the script already correctly edited by you ( due to my inexperience in scripting ), thanks!

Thanks in advance to all the ones that will help me!!! ;)

The Script I'm Currently Using

Code:
    using System;
    using System.Threading;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using maddox.game;
    using maddox.game.world;
    using maddox.GP;

public class Mission : AMission
    {
    //flag
    bool done = false;

//Create Stream
    System.IO.StreamWriter sw;

//Strings
    string str_log = System.String.Empty;
    string str_hud = System.String.Empty;

//Create Log File
    System.IO.FileInfo fi = new System.IO.FileInfo("C:\\FLIGHT_TEST_DATA.CSV");

//Script Main
    public override void OnTickGame()
    {
    //Init Ticker
    base.OnTickGame();

//loop rate set to ~1/30th of a second, i.e. 30 ticks = ~1 second
    if (Time.tickCounter() % 30 == 1)
    {
    //Get player aircraft
    AiAircraft curPlane = GamePlay.gpPlayer().Place() as AiAircraft;

if (curPlane != null)
    {
    //Instrumentation - Machine Spatial
    double I_VelocityIAS = curPlane.getParameter(part.ParameterTypes.I_VelocityIAS, -1);
    double I_Altitude = curPlane.getParameter(part.ParameterTypes.I_Altitude, -1);
    double I_Variometer = curPlane.getParameter(part.ParameterTypes.I_Variometer, -1);
    double I_MagneticCompass = curPlane.getParameter(part.ParameterTypes.I_MagneticCompass, -1);
    double A_ElevatorTrim = curPlane.getParameter(part.ParameterTypes.A_ElevatorTrim, -1);

//Parameters - Machine Spatial
    double Z_Overload = curPlane.getParameter(part.ParameterTypes.Z_Overload, -1);
    double Z_AltitudeAGL = curPlane.getParameter(part.ParameterTypes.Z_AltitudeAGL, -1);
    double Z_AltitudeMSL = curPlane.getParameter(part.ParameterTypes.Z_AltitudeMSL, -1);
    double Z_VelocityIAS = curPlane.getParameter(part.ParameterTypes.Z_VelocityIAS, -1);
    double Z_VelocityTAS = curPlane.getParameter(part.ParameterTypes.Z_VelocityTAS, -1);
    double Z_VelocityMach = curPlane.getParameter(part.ParameterTypes.Z_VelocityMach, -1);
    double Z_AmbientAirTemperature = curPlane.getParameter(part.ParameterTypes.Z_AmbientAirTemperature, -1);

//Game Time
    double dtime = Time.current();

//Log Header
    if (done == false)
    {
    //Write Header
    sw = fi.AppendText();
    sw.WriteLine("TIME;HEADING;ALTITUDE;IAS;VARIOMETER;ELEVATOR_TRIM;TEMP");
    sw.Close();
    done = true;
    }

//Log Data
    str_log = dtime.ToString("0.00") + ";" + I_MagneticCompass.ToString("0.00") + ";"
    +I_Altitude.ToString("0.00") + ";"
    +I_VelocityIAS.ToString("0.00") + ";"
    +I_Variometer.ToString("0.00") + ";"
    +A_ElevatorTrim.ToString("0.00") + ";"
    +Z_AmbientAirTemperature.ToString("0.00"); //TEMP

sw = fi.AppendText();
    sw.WriteLine(str_log);
    sw.Close();

//Display HUD
    GamePlay.gpHUDLogCenter("TIME: " + dtime.ToString("0.00") + 
    " HEADING: " + I_MagneticCompass.ToString("0.00") +
    " ALTITUDE: " + I_Altitude.ToString("0.00") + 
    " IAS: " + I_VelocityIAS.ToString("0.00") + 
    " VARIOMETER: " + I_Variometer.ToString("0.00") +
    " ELEVATOR_TRIM: " + A_ElevatorTrim.ToString("0.00") + 
    " TEMP: " + Z_AmbientAirTemperature.ToString("0.00")); 
    }
    }
    }
    }
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Nov-09-2019 at 09:16.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Re: Help with a script needed

1. There are only two more Z_Coordinates and Z_Orientation.

2. curPlane.getParameter(part.ParameterTypes.I_Engine WatTemp, 0); and curPlane.getParameter(part.ParameterTypes.I_Engine WatTemp, 1);

3. You are getting a reference to your aircraft with this code: AiAircraft curPlane = GamePlay.gpPlayer().Place() as AiAircraft; You need to fetch that by player name.

AiAircraft curPlane = null;
    List<Player> players = new List<Player>();
    foreach (Player p in GamePlay.gpRemotePlayers()) {
    if (p.Name() == "myName") {
    curPlane = p.Place() as AiAircraft;
    break;
    }
    }

4. I don't think the HUD can be moved or the text colour changed.

3. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders, danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Oskar View Post

2. curPlane.getParameter(part.ParameterTypes.I_Engine WatTemp, 0); and curPlane.getParameter(part.ParameterTypes.I_Engine WatTemp, 1);

3. You are getting a reference to your aircraft with this code: AiAircraft curPlane = GamePlay.gpPlayer().Place() as AiAircraft; You need to fetch that by player name.

break;
    }
    }

Thank you very much for the info, their very usefull and appreciated!
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

break;
    }
    }

In the current script where I have to put the part you submitted....at the beginning of it?

My online tag-name is Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders...by fetching by player name, you mean that I have to use it to recall my plane?

If possible, please, post the script I've reported in the first post ( The Script I'm Currently Using ) already edited with the part about engine water temperatures and the part to let it work on a online server ( or if some benevolent soul can do it ), because, as said I'm almost a full nerd in scripting so this is already at the limit of my " scripting capabilities ", sorry...This almost start to sound as Aramaic to me... )
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Nov-09-2019 at 13:38.

My PC specs

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

break;
    }
    }

I have attempted to include the part that you have reported above to the script several times and the script stopped working every time ( so I'm surely making something wrong here! )

Let's try a different approach...

The original section of the script of interest is this ( Quoted the section of interest and the following one ):

Code:
    //Get player aircraft
    AiAircraft curPlane = GamePlay.gpPlayer().Place() as AiAircraft;

if (curPlane != null)
    {
    //Instrumentation - Machine Spatial
    double I_VelocityIAS = curPlane.getParameter(part.ParameterTypes.I_VelocityIAS, -1);
    double I_Altitude = curPlane.getParameter(part.ParameterTypes.I_Altitude, -1);
    double I_Variometer = curPlane.getParameter(part.ParameterTypes.I_Variometer, -1);
    double I_MagneticCompass = curPlane.getParameter(part.ParameterTypes.I_MagneticCompass, -1);
    Can you please provide me the complete section named " //Get player aircraft " edited exactly as it should be done so to have the script until this point correctly working? Thanks!

My PC specs

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

What would be interesting to be able to do is have this info displayed in a corner of the screen (or in an info window) while flying:

Heading(mag)
    Velocity(IAS)
    Altitude(ASL)
    Vario(+/- m/s or ft/min)

Any idea where to look for that? Any existing scripts?
    Last edited by ATAG_Noofy; Nov-10-2019 at 03:56.
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    What would be interesting to be able to do is have this info displayed in a corner of the screen (or in an info window) while flying:

Heading(mag)
    Velocity(IAS)
    Altitude(ASL)
    Vario(+/- m/s or ft/min)

Any idea where to look for that? Any existing scripts?
    Check here: https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.p...-s#Post3347984

This one, differently from the one I'm speaking here in this thread, is displayed in a info window

My PC specs

9. Likes ATAG_Noofy liked this post