Thread: I found an oil/fuel refinery on the map once... Any idea where they are?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

I found an oil/fuel refinery on the map once... Any idea where they are?

I created a trk file a while back where I set what looked a small refinery, fuel tank building alight. I have no idea where this was on the map but would love to give it another go. Does anyone know if there is more than one and if so where it/ they are?

6.jpg.c2f28c3d97af7bbbc132a3b941b3635b.jpg
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Re: I found an oil/fuel refinery on the map once... Any idea where they are?

Upavon airfield.
    Upavon.jpg

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA507NV, AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS CPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU, 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM, 16 GB DDR5 RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 11 Home 23H2, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VKB Gladiator Pro, MFG Crosswind, Wheel Stand Pro, EIZO CS240, Track-IR 5

3. Likes danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Open the FMB, then load the summer map. Once done you can scroll around ( and zoom ) the map searching the sites of interest for you
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

5. Likes danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Quote Originally Posted by SKG 210_Mölders View Post
    Open the FMB, then load the summer map. Once done you can scroll around ( and zoom ) the map searching the sites of interest for you
    I scrolled the map just like that....couldn't find it anywhere!
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Bonditaria View Post
    Upavon airfield.
    Upavon.jpg
    Brilliant thanks

8. Likes Bonditaria liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

I did my 'basic training' years ago at Upavon in a HURRICANE I DH5-20 which involved a lot of circuits and bumps at Upavon as well as navigating to other airfields and returning there. Then one day I'd had enough and before transferring to Tangmere and beginning the RAF Campaign, I went in the FMB and arranged that Upavon was utterly destroyed in a massive raid of Ju88s. Well, it was not quite destroyed. The middle of the three Hangars on the airfield ended up looking like it was both completely destroyed and still existing undamaged at the same time. I reported the error, put it the bug-tracker and re-tested as patches were released but the problem was not quickly addressed because the team was still building their map-tool. Then eventually the bug was fixed, and all three hangars could be destroyed properly. I'm confidently assuming that the reported trk of an attack on an English village by a Blenheim was made during testing of this bug...

10. Likes danperin, ATAG_Vampire liked this post