Thread: A Suggestion\Request - not a demand

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.99 MB

A Suggestion\Request - not a demand

Hi dear mighty Guru's,

Being as we participate in a combat flight sim, based in World War Two - could I make a suggestion/request - that would probably only be used once a year? It would seem to be a waste of time to many, but without asking - you never know if you could get something.

Could we have a "Poppy Payload" for twin engine bombers?

A single object, that can be dropped from a bomb bay - that falls spewing out a smallish red cloud of smoke? You could make it that it prevents other munitions also being carried - thus useless in day to day bombing raids.

I got the idea whilst passing a piece of aircraft kind of suspended in the air with a small trail of black smoke, I then wondered what would be involved in making a box that had the smoke coming out of it - red - that could be dropped from a bomb bay. Potentially, existing fuses could be used (High/low altitude arming ones) that trigger the smoke from the object?

I'm not talking "Oil field" scale smoke - but "Wingtip fire" scale smoke or similar.

Just wondering/suggesting - day dreaming.

Again, please do not divert time and resources away from anything, but maybe write it in the corner of a notice board / wish list - if one exists.

Thanks for all that you guys do <3
    Zx Spectrum, 48k. Mono tape player. Loose 3.5mm Jacks that need a wiggle once and a while.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    818.69 MB

Re: A Suggestion\Request - not a demand

I like the idea of doing something special involving the poppy. Maybe a downloadable Poppy that could be put on the tail of your plane starting Nov1st. to the 11th. Would be a good way to keep it top of mind.

By the way Mackers, I like your badge and your machine specs look pretty impressive
    There's something good waitin' down this road
    I'm pickin' up whatever's mine.
    "Tom Petty...Runnin' Down A Dream...Full Moon Fever"

3. Likes ATAG_TCP, TWC_Mackers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.99 MB

I painted a Blenheim Skin with "Lest we forget" and a couple poppies last year. The Poppy Payload was a follow on from that.

A Blenheim can be viewed as a poor mans Lancaster - if you squint from very very far away and stick a pencil in your eyes.

Yeah, those machine specs - when over-clocked - stand back!
    Zx Spectrum, 48k. Mono tape player. Loose 3.5mm Jacks that need a wiggle once and a while.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

At this point all TF members are swamped with work.

Maybe we can look at something after we get TF 5.0 out and running right.

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Mackers View Post
    Hi dear mighty Guru's,

Being as we participate in a combat flight sim, based in World War Two - could I make a suggestion/request - that would probably only be used once a year? It would seem to be a waste of time to many, but without asking - you never know if you could get something.

Could we have a "Poppy Payload" for twin engine bombers?

A single object, that can be dropped from a bomb bay - that falls spewing out a smallish red cloud of smoke? You could make it that it prevents other munitions also being carried - thus useless in day to day bombing raids.

I got the idea whilst passing a piece of aircraft kind of suspended in the air with a small trail of black smoke, I then wondered what would be involved in making a box that had the smoke coming out of it - red - that could be dropped from a bomb bay. Potentially, existing fuses could be used (High/low altitude arming ones) that trigger the smoke from the object?

I'm not talking "Oil field" scale smoke - but "Wingtip fire" scale smoke or similar.

Just wondering/suggesting - day dreaming.

Again, please do not divert time and resources away from anything, but maybe write it in the corner of a notice board / wish list - if one exists.

Thanks for all that you guys do <3

6. Likes TWC_Mackers, danperin, Gingerbread liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.99 MB

Totally understand chap - appreciate the consideration

8. Likes Gingerbread liked this post