Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 55 of 55

Thread: ATAG ASSAULT No.5: Turning the Tide

  1. #31
    ATAG Member ATAG_DRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    71.52 MB

    Re: ATAG ASSAULT No.5: Turning the Tide

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Gibson View Post
    Thanks for all the hard work organising and running this great event. As it was my first mass participation event a much more detailed briefing, including joining details etc would have been useful. As is was there was no information where I should go to, which airfield I should use to spawn from etc. Despite being on Teamspeak it did seem like everyman for himself at first. Other newbies I am sure would have found it a daunting prospect amongst the confusion.
    Gibby
    Hello, Gibby.

    This event was quite different than the other assaults ATAG has launched. We made a few changes which may have left a few pilots in the dark. I kinda failed on that part, however, it's hard to let everyone know the game plan when we don't know who's joining, or what team they will be on. I could not risk compromising the mission.

    The best way for newcomers to enjoy these events is to join ATAG's TeamSpeak on the main Axis or Allied side and ask if anyone minds a new pilot joining them. You will be scooped up in no time. Fly with vets if you want a chance of surviving these skies, since you are dealing with many killers up there.

    Tune in to ATAG's forums for future events.


  2. #32
    ATAG Member ATAG_DRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    71.52 MB

    Re: ATAG ASSAULT No.5: Turning the Tide

    Great shots, and superb flying as usual, Rostic.

  3. Likes ATAG_Noofy, Rostic liked this post
  4. #33
    Veteran Combat pilot Pienoir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Mediterranean Sea
    Posts
    294
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    60.71 MB

    Re: ATAG ASSAULT No.5: Turning the Tide

    I missed it but I promise to be in the next

    don't delay

  5. Likes ATAG_Noofy, ATAG_DRock, ATAG_Scones liked this post
  6. #34
    Supporting Member Twin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    201.95 MB

    Re: ATAG ASSAULT No.5: Turning the Tide

    Thank you to the organisers and all who took part yesterday. It was great fun.

    Looking forward for the next one.

    The little video below shows my perspective of the event yesterday.

    1. sortie: fighting over calais 0.00 until server went down
    2. sortie: over the ships 4.43
    3. sortie: Blenheim escort 8.35






    Looks like embedding doesn`t work. Here is the link: -> it works now


    https://youtu.be/hJjltosAf4U



    P.S my camera footage is in some parts a bit rough because of my jumpy headmovement and the lack of experience in video editing



    Cheers

    Twin
    Last edited by Twin; Nov-18-2019 at 11:58.

  7. #35
    Supporting Member JG4_Karaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    921
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    105.42 MB

    Re: ATAG ASSAULT No.5: Turning the Tide

    Embedding does work


  8. #36
    Novice Pilot Sgt Gibson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    West Yorkshire England
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.42 MB

    Re: ATAG ASSAULT No.5: Turning the Tide

    Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_DRock View Post
    Hello, Gibby.

    This event was quite different than the other assaults ATAG has launched. We made a few changes which may have left a few pilots in the dark. I kinda failed on that part, however, it's hard to let everyone know the game plan when we don't know who's joining, or what team they will be on. I could not risk compromising the mission.

    The best way for newcomers to enjoy these events is to join ATAG's TeamSpeak on the main Axis or Allied side and ask if anyone minds a new pilot joining them. You will be scooped up in no time. Fly with vets if you want a chance of surviving these skies, since you are dealing with many killers up there.

    Tune in to ATAG's forums for future events.

    Hi Rocky.
    Thank you for your reply. I did not wish to sound any way ungrateful as I appreciate all the hard work,( particularly from yourself) that must go on behind the scenes in organising these events. Seeing from post event videos and reports these ATAG events do seem such great fun and from a newbie point of view are a great attraction for any newcomer looking to get into to our hobby. I think on this occasion I was expecting something similar to the previous ATAG events which involved a standard format rather than what actually happened on the night. I must admit that I was lost when I logged onto the server. You will appreciate that newcomers find it difficult enough to learn to fly in Cliffs and it is a steep enough learning curve that will put-off many accept the really committed. May I suggest more basic logging on details etc be added in some way to the pre-briefing for the benefit of the solo and less experienced flyers.
    Thanks for all your efforts and I will definitely be up for the next show.

    Regards Gibby.
    `What you -- have inherited from your ancestors, you must earn -- before you can own'. - AH.

  9. Likes ATAG_DRock, ATAG_Lord Wukits liked this post
  10. #37
    ATAG Member ATAG_DRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    71.52 MB

    Re: ATAG ASSAULT No.5: Turning the Tide

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Gibson View Post
    Hi Rocky.
    Thank you for your reply. I did not wish to sound any way ungrateful as I appreciate all the hard work,( particularly from yourself) that must go on behind the scenes in organising these events. Seeing from post event videos and reports these ATAG events do seem such great fun and from a newbie point of view are a great attraction for any newcomer looking to get into to our hobby. I think on this occasion I was expecting something similar to the previous ATAG events which involved a standard format rather than what actually happened on the night. I must admit that I was lost when I logged onto the server. You will appreciate that newcomers find it difficult enough to learn to fly in Cliffs and it is a steep enough learning curve that will put-off many accept the really committed. May I suggest more basic logging on details etc be added in some way to the pre-briefing for the benefit of the solo and less experienced flyers.
    Thanks for all your efforts and I will definitely be up for the next show.

    Regards Gibby.
    I didn't take your comments as ungrateful, I appreciate the constructive comments.

    To be honest, these big events are a tough place to learn how to fly. Although, everyone is welcome to join, the events cater more towards the experienced players. Not necessarily on purpose, but when you have a sky full of vets that have been here for years battling each other, it can be very dangerous for a new pilot. Maybe even discouraging or intimidating to some.

    I recommend getting very familiar with your aircraft and this sim on full engine management. The better you get, the more fun this gets.

    Join TeamSpeak and wing up with someone, you'll learn at an exponential rate.


    See you at the next one.

  11. #38
    Ace Erpr.Gr.210_Molders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,316
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    909.91 MB

    Re: ATAG ASSAULT No.5: Turning the Tide

    Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_DRock View Post

    Join TeamSpeak and wing up with someone, you'll learn at an exponential rate.

    These are golden words for all but expecially for newcomers. Join Ts and be sure that you'll find someone available to help you in becoming, step by step, a more experienced pilot.
    This game has two things that are still unbeaten IMHO:

    - The game itself

    - Its community

    Visit the Where Gamers Dare Facebook Group at : Where Gamers Dare Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )

    Visit the Where Gamers Dare YouTube channel at : Where Gamers Dare YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )



    *Important Note: You can also open the Where Gamers Dare Facebook Group page by clicking directly on the signature image



    My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

  12. #39
    Supporting Member No.119_Bruv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Gosport, UK
    Posts
    182
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Re: ATAG ASSAULT No.5: Turning the Tide

    fantastic fun again!

    Thanks for organising Drock,

    We look forward to the next one!

  13. #40
    TF Leadership RAF74_Buzzsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    9,768
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    306.59 MB

    Re: ATAG ASSAULT No.5: Turning the Tide

    Hey Karaya.... you don't need flaps to take off in the Spitfire... in fact, makes takeoff more difficult and plane more vulnerable to being bounced as it is VERY slow with flaps used.

    Quote Originally Posted by JG4_Karaya View Post
    Embedding does work


  14. Likes ATAG_Lord Wukits liked this post
  15. #41
    TF Leadership RAF74_Buzzsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    9,768
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    306.59 MB

    Re: ATAG ASSAULT No.5: Turning the Tide

    Thanks again to ATAG_DRock and the ATAG group for organizing the event.

  16. #42
    Supporting Member JG4_Karaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    921
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    105.42 MB

    Re: ATAG ASSAULT No.5: Turning the Tide

    Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    Hey Karaya.... you don't need flaps to take off in the Spitfire... in fact, makes takeoff more difficult and plane more vulnerable to being bounced as it is VERY slow with flaps used.
    That's not my video, it's Twin's. I simply went ahead an embedded it into the forum thread because Twin said he couldn't get it to work.

    @Twin: To embed a video you either use the "Insert video" tool or add the following line manually
    "video" Video URL "/video" (with [ ] instead of " ")

    I was flying blue the entire event, will post videos from my POV in the course of the week
    Last edited by JG4_Karaya; Nov-17-2019 at 19:27.

  17. #43
    TF Leadership RAF74_Buzzsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    9,768
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    306.59 MB

    Re: ATAG ASSAULT No.5: Turning the Tide

    Quote Originally Posted by JG4_Karaya View Post
    That's not my video, it's Twin's. I simply went ahead an embedded it into the forum thread because Twin said he couldn't get it to work.

    @Twin: To embed a video you either use the "Insert video" tool or add the following line manually
    "video" Video URL "/video" (with [ ] instead of " ")

    I was flying blue the entire event, will post videos from my POV in the course of the week
    Ok... thought you were flying Red for a change.

    Should have known you'd never make a rookie error.

  18. #44
    Supporting Member JG4_Karaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    921
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    105.42 MB

    Re: ATAG ASSAULT No.5: Turning the Tide

    I do fly red occasionally, in fact I flew red just today, here's proof

    754530_20191117193321_1.jpg

    As for the flaps, I never use them for takeoff except when I'm flying a bomber or a Bf110 with bombs.

  19. Likes ATAG_Noofy liked this post
  20. #45
    Ace Erpr.Gr.210_Molders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,316
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    909.91 MB

    Re: ATAG ASSAULT No.5: Turning the Tide

    Quote Originally Posted by JG4_Karaya View Post
    I do fly red occasionally, in fact I flew red just today, here's proof

    754530_20191117193321_1.jpg

    As for the flaps, I never use them for takeoff except when I'm flying a bomber or a Bf110 with bombs.
    When you fly a Bf 110 with bombs you need a rosary not flaps!
    Visit the Where Gamers Dare Facebook Group at : Where Gamers Dare Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )

    Visit the Where Gamers Dare YouTube channel at : Where Gamers Dare YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )



    *Important Note: You can also open the Where Gamers Dare Facebook Group page by clicking directly on the signature image



    My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

  21. #46
    Veteran Combat pilot Pienoir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Mediterranean Sea
    Posts
    294
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    60.71 MB

    Re: ATAG ASSAULT No.5: Turning the Tide

    Quote Originally Posted by SKG 210_Mölders View Post
    When you fly a Bf 110 with bombs you need a rosary not flaps!
    An example of 2016

    HEHEHE






    Dead before arriving

    It's hard work, but someone has to do it


    loaded to the top

  22. #47
    Supporting Member Twin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    201.95 MB

    Re: ATAG ASSAULT No.5: Turning the Tide

    @Twin: To embed a video you either use the "Insert video" tool or add the following line manually
    "video" Video URL "/video" (with [ ] instead of " ")



    Thank you Karaya. It works now

  23. #48
    Supporting Member JG4_Karaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    921
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    105.42 MB

    Re: ATAG ASSAULT No.5: Turning the Tide

    Here's part one which covers all of the (limited) action before the initial server crash.


  24. #49
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    98
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    866.09 MB

    Re: ATAG ASSAULT No.5: Turning the Tide

    Nice Video Karaya, I prefer them when you have your info windows active, better to see who you are despatching to Valhalla . also your engine setting were useful for 109 novices such as myself S!

  25. #50
    Supporting Member JG4_Karaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    921
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    105.42 MB

    Re: ATAG ASSAULT No.5: Turning the Tide

    I intend to only block out the info windows for guncamera and event videos (to make them feel more atmospheric). All "casual" videos will stay as they are with everything shown on screen.

  26. Likes ATAG_DRock, Gingerbread, ATAG_Scones liked this post
  27. #51
    Supporting Member JG4_Karaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    921
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    105.42 MB

    Re: ATAG ASSAULT No.5: Turning the Tide

    Part 2 is up!


  28. #52
    ATAG Member ATAG_Laser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Great Yarmouth UK
    Posts
    933
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    201.55 MB

    Re: ATAG ASSAULT No.5: Turning the Tide

    A bit late, and not to the standard of Karaya's excellent video's, but here is my effort from the first mission... I have gone with all external views for a different perspective.


    Intel i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHZ Quad core , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti , 8GB RAM , Windows 7 pro 64-Bit, ASUS VS 278 27" Monitor , Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Joystick

    Saitek pro Flight Yoke, quadrant and rudder pedals

    PS3 eye Head Tracker using Trackhat software. Secondary Head Tracker , Ed Tracker

  29. #53
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Lincolnshire, ENGLAND
    Posts
    1,711
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    95.47 MB

    Re: ATAG ASSAULT No.5: Turning the Tide

    Nice one Lase!

    Thanks for sharing.

    07
    "We are still masters of our fate. We are still captain of our souls." - Winston Churchill

    My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GAMING X 8G OS: Windows 10

    Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

  30. Likes ATAG_Laser liked this post
  31. #54
    ATAG Member ATAG_Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Horley , Surrey , England , UK
    Posts
    508
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    90.07 MB

    Re: ATAG ASSAULT No.5: Turning the Tide

    Very absorbing Lase , enjoyed that .

    "Rules are put in place for the guidance of the wise and the obedience of fools" - J W Thomas

    Intel i7-6700k 4.00GHz , 850w PSU , GeForce GTX1060 6GB GPU , 16GB RAM , Acer Predator Z35p Monitor , TrackIR5 , Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S , MGF Crosswind Rudder Pedals .

  32. Likes ATAG_Laser liked this post
  33. #55
    Supporting Member JG4_Karaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    921
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    105.42 MB

    Re: ATAG ASSAULT No.5: Turning the Tide

    Last part


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •