Thread: Hello from New York!

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    244.07 MB

Hello from New York!

I am joining. I am ancient and started playing Dynamix BOB in 1990 I think. Of any sim, I still love the gameplay of the Dynamix Red Baron the most of any sim. No sim in my experience has come even close to it. Working your way up the ladder of victories to get better planes and squadrons? That's gameplay!
    Since I am being asked to tell about myself...I wrote flight sim articles in Computer Games Strategy Plus. I got a degree from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. I got my commercial-Instrument, multi-engine, sea plane, glider, flight ratings. I owned and flew the Pitts-S2A in aerobatic competition. I flew the two-seat TF-51D Mustang, Spitfire Mk-9, Mig-17, PT-17 Stearman, T-34, T-6, Super Decathlon in aerobatics.... You asked! I've not been flying planes for a long time and might get back into it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Re: Hello from New York!

Quote Originally Posted by Pitts2A View Post
    I am joining. I am ancient and started playing Dynamix BOB in 1990 I think. Of any sim, I still love the gameplay of the Dynamix Red Baron the most of any sim. No sim in my experience has come even close to it. Working your way up the ladder of victories to get better planes and squadrons? That's gameplay!
    Since I am being asked to tell about myself...I wrote flight sim articles in Computer Games Strategy Plus. I got a degree from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. I got my commercial-Instrument, multi-engine, sea plane, glider, flight ratings. I owned and flew the Pitts-S2A in aerobatic competition. I flew the two-seat TF-51D Mustang, Spitfire Mk-9, Mig-17, PT-17 Stearman, T-34, T-6, Super Decathlon in aerobatics.... You asked! I've not been flying planes for a long time and might get back into it.
    I am an old RED BARON player... started with RB I, through RB II and RB 3D... the last was a brilliant game with a campaign which is hard to beat... plus a great online multiplayer environment.

We have a goal to make the CLIFFS OF DOVER game engine a modern day RED BARON.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    328.74 MB

Wholey Moley Pits!
    Welcome on board! Getting up to flying those warbirds must have taken some flight hours alright!
    (I myself have a whopping-ly miniscuel 2.5hrs on gliders, namely an ASK21)

Hopefully you enjoy the sim alright, along with the community
    Great to have you on board sir!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    123.26 MB

WOW ... Dynamix Red Baron ... now that's really dating things! Incidentally it was my first exposure flight sims. I particularly enjoyed when you would get an invitation from another squadron to join them, for doing well in your career.

Welcome to the ATAG community, you'll see that you fit right in and that the community will learn as much from you, as you from them!

5. Likes Gingerbread, ATAG_TCP, DRock liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    226.63 MB

Welcome aboard sir campaign play in TWC is what you have described here you earn your way to better aircraft then lose it when you die then start over.

On a side note A PITTS is something SPECIAL
    Last edited by TWC_Fatal_Error; Nov-15-2019 at 22:41.
    i7 2700 ,32 gigs, 4 ssd's ,1 7200rpm 2terabyte,1 samsung 55 display,2 mfd's,EDTRACKER,Warthog ,X55 stick, 7inch liliput monitor in mfd's 21 I-inc secondary display for instruments using virtual cockpit
    [*]iustus facere unus[*] JUST MAKE ONE ( FATAL ERROR) Commander TWC http://twcpilots.com

7. Likes DRock, TWC_Padre, ATAG_Lord Wukits liked this post
    Supporting Member 9./JG52_Meyer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    64.27 MB

Hello and welcome to the forum and CLIFFS glad to see you here, btw i fly BF109s along with some friends of mine

Hals und beinbruch
    Oberleutnant - Otto Meyer
    "Gelb Acht"
    9.Staffel / Jagdgeschwader 52
    (Karaya)

In memory of 9./JG52 Ziegler, Vermisse dich mein Freund

http://www.9jg52.com/

9. Likes DRock, ATAG_Lord Wukits liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

Hi Pitts, and welcome to Cliffs of Dover Blitz and our community here at ATAG.

That's a pretty impressive real life flying experience you have there buddy... I am envious!!!

This sim is regarded as probably the best there is at present.. despite it's age, and it's only going to get better with the forthcoming release of TFS 5.0, with new planes to fly, a new map and many other improvements.

Any questions that you might have then fire away, either here on the forum, or better still get Teamspeak up and running (It's free) and ask one of us on there.

Have fun, and I hope to see you in the virtual skies soon

Intel i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHZ Quad core , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti , 8GB RAM , Windows 10 pro 64-Bit, ASUS VS 278 27" Monitor , Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Joystick

Saitek pro Flight Yoke, quadrant and rudder pedals

PS3 eye Head Tracker using Trackhat software. Secondary Head Tracker , Ed Tracker

11. Likes TWC_Padre, Gingerbread liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Hi Pitts2A.....I am very late to this party but I have just read your first post and .......WOW! Just....WOW!!!!!

You've flown a Spitfire Mk 9? WELCOME ABOARD, SIR.....step this way! Your highly polished, finely tuned and beautiful virtual Spitfire (albeit a Mk1 or MkII...but MK V's will soon be with us!!!) awaits! Right along this red carpet here, Sir!

I think you will love Cliffs of Dover, Pitts2A, and the unique, very friendly and knowledgeable Community that goes with it. We look forward to meeting you in CLoD over 1940 English skies. Do download Team Speak so you can come in and join the chat. I'm sure we would all love to hear more about your flying experiences. Good luck and hope to meet you soon. Salute!

13. Likes Gingerbread liked this post