Thread: Single Player Spawn Points

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    42.92 MB

Single Player Spawn Points

How can I prevent aircraft spawning inside hangars when building single player missions?

Starting the engine of an aircraft inside a hangar would be considered extremely bad practice in the real world.
    I can't imagine why the game developers decided to do this.

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Re: Single Player Spawn Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtail2 View Post
    How can I prevent aircraft spawning inside hangars when building single player missions?

Starting the engine of an aircraft inside a hangar would be considered extremely bad practice in the real world.
    Make your own spawn points, there are threads about how to do it in the FMB/Scripting section.

3. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

You'll understand why next time you spawn into an aircraft that requires some time to warm up before being able to take off, while enemy planes are circling the airfield looking for easy ground preys.

In such cases it is a blessing to spawn inside a hangar so you are invisible to them...

Just don't forget to engage wheel chocks before starting the engine(s) to avoid unwanted movements inside the hangar.
    Last edited by ATAG_Noofy; Nov-27-2019 at 09:09.
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

5. Likes ATAG_Snapper, DerDa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Also, any serviceable Battle of Britain RAF fighters needing to be warmed up at a forward airfield during daylight hours would see a Crew Chief reprimanded and likely demoted/reassigned.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Place a static object on each of the spawn points you want to block, bury the object to keep the hangar looking empty.

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA507NV, AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS CPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU, 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM, 16 GB DDR5 RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 11 Home 23H2, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VKB Gladiator Pro, MFG Crosswind, Wheel Stand Pro, EIZO CS240, Track-IR 5

8. Likes ATAG_Noofy liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    42.92 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    You'll understand why next time you spawn into an aircraft that requires some time to warm up before being able to take off, while enemy planes are circling the airfield looking for easy ground preys.

In such cases it is a blessing to spawn inside a hangar so you are invisible to them...

Just don't forget to engage wheel chocks before starting the engine(s) to avoid unwanted movements inside the hangar.
    I think you're referring to online play, whereas I am trying to create historical single player missions.... So no starting up inside hangars please.

The warming up thing is another realism killer in this game. By the time I have warmed up my engine, my AI wingmen have taken off and are long gone.
    In reality, engines were kept warmed up by ground crew from before first light. In any case if you open up a cold engine (a real one) it may not improve it's life, but it won't immediately quit as it does in Clod.

Thanks Bonditaria for the spawn hint. I'll try it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

I think you're referring to online play...
    I was just addressing your concern as to why the game developers would have imagined allowing hangar spawns...
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

No easy way to do this. CloD FMB follow the rule "more difficult, better" applied to the rest of game.

Spawn point priority is not 1-2...99, is 99-98... 1.
    Can happens that 99 (some airfields has this or more) being most far from runway.

So if you want spawn and start aircraft engine rest use workarounds.
    The more practical, but very boring and time consuming is place a static object in each spawn point for block then, leaving only one near runway.

The best object is (Static category) "Storm weight", is small and don't result strange see many around.

Now, for spawn with run way engines off, the workaround is block all spawn points like above and create a new runway over the default, with just one spawn point over the side that want spawn.

For incomprehensible reasons the option "spawn on runway engines off" existing in release version (as in other games like IL-2:1946, IL-2:BoX, DCS) was removed in some patch (official as I remember)
    Last edited by 1lokos; Nov-27-2019 at 23:56.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    42.92 MB

Thanks for all the replies and the tips 1lokos.

I guess making missions with start up, taxi to take off as a section or flight, is very problematical if not impossible in Clod.