Thread: Problem connecting to multiplayer servers; Part 2

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.97 MB

Problem connecting to multiplayer servers; Part 2

Hi friends,

Since a couple of days I`m struggling with my CLOD. The whole process of initiation/uploading/rendering becomes extremely slow after connecting to the servers.

• Connection is available! But the first progress is visible on the loading page (bar) after about 2 to 3 minutes..very strange.
    • As soon as the uploading process is finished it takes aground 1 to 1,5 min before I get a stable menu.
    • After choosing side, location and plane it takes nearly 20 sec. (sometimes frozen in between) until I`m stable inside the 3D environment.
    • Sometimes I have some glitches during flight.
    • Switching between “In Flight” and “Menu” and back provides me sometimes nearly 10sec black screen…sometimes the plane crashed in that time.

Important…. CLOD is the only game with this strange behavior.

Note: two weeks ago I upgraded the graphic card from a GTX970 to a RTX2060 Super, but everything was ok directly after this change. The effect appears later.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Problem solved!!!!
    Last edited by ATAG_ProArmis; Nov-29-2019 at 07:56.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    9.73 MB

Re: Problem connecting to multiplayer servers; Part 2

Did you reinstall your graphics card driver with checked option "Clean install"?

aid_2900_13.jpg

I upgraded my GTX660 to RTX2060 two months ago with reinstalling drivers and everything is OK since that.
    PC spec: Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7Ghz, DDR4 32Gb 2666Mhz, Asus Prime Z370-A, ADATA XPG SX8200 240Gb (PCIe Gen3x4), RTX 2060 6Gb
    Monitor: DELL P2717H (1920x1080:60Hz)
    Joystick: Android smartphone MonectPC app (virtual joystick driver)
    Hadtracker: Track IR 4 / No VR

Enjoy multiplayer historical campaigns with Flying Tin Cans.
    Join us: https://flyingtincans.com —(•)— Discord —(•)— YouTube

3. Likes ATAG_ProArmis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

An NVIDIA preferred driver install is from the Nvidia GeForce Experience (GFE). For some unknown reason, installing the GFE, and then using the driver update option will load the correct driver for your configuration. Only today, I had to install GFE and let it load the latest driver which would not install any other way... Yes, DDU was used, but GFE was still required to get things right. I can always uninstall GFE now if I feel like it.

Your problem sounds to me like a network/online issue. Make sure your motherboard drivers are all current.
    Last edited by Baffin; Nov-27-2019 at 14:49.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

5. Likes ATAG_ProArmis liked this post
    ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.97 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Baffin View Post
    ....Make sure your motherboard drivers are all current.
    Thx Baffin...good idea ...I will check...

Best wishes
    Pro

EDIT: Motherboard driver checked ...everything is ok!
    Last edited by ATAG_ProArmis; Nov-28-2019 at 04:09.

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.97 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Rostic View Post
    Did you reinstall your graphics card driver with checked option "Clean install"?

aid_2900_13.jpg

I upgraded my GTX660 to RTX2060 two months ago with reinstalling drivers and everything is OK since that.
    Thx for the thought....yes I uninstalled first everything with DDU before reinstalling new drivers and in a first step it was ok. The issue apears later.

Best wishes and thanks!
    Pro

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

I have had a similar problem...and it was related to the NAT...To solve it I've needed to create a new network connection with the NAT unlocked and then selecting it before starting the game
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

9. Likes ATAG_Noofy, ATAG_ProArmis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by SKG 210_Mölders View Post
    I have had a similar problem...and it was related to the NAT...To solve it I've needed to create a new network connection with the NAT unlocked and then selecting it before starting the game
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=165136021
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

11. Likes ATAG_ProArmis liked this post
    ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.97 MB

Quote Originally Posted by SKG 210_Mölders View Post

Sounds very intersting...thx for hands up..I will check

Pro
    Last edited by ATAG_ProArmis; Nov-28-2019 at 04:08.

13. Likes ATAG_Noofy, Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

I had a slow loading problem when I used a UHD tv on high definition, you could try loading at a lower definition setting

15. Likes ATAG_ProArmis liked this post
    ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.97 MB

Hey friends,

thx a lot for for all the useful thoughts. Problem is solved!!!

According to the Mr. Spock maxim "Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth!" I found the problem.

So first of all I checked everything I got from you (many thx again at the good points) as possible reason for the issue, but the reason seems not located directly in one of these areas.
    The problem still appears when running CLOD.

So..due to the done checks from my point of view only two major issues been left on the table:

a) Slow speed when connecting to multiplay (only CLOD):
    I reinstalled again the whole game from HDD to SSD (is anyway better I think) and re-established the relevant exception rules of my antivirus software.
    The result...the uploading process was normal again..yea.

b) Frozen or stuttering generating/rendering of the 3D environment and heavy problems when switching between 3D environment, menu and back:

After unsuccessful checking different graphic settings I remembered that after the change of the grafic card I have also installed "ASUS Tweak Tool II".
    So in a first check I shut down this tool and started CLOD.....yea.....everything was normal egain!!
    After some more testing I found out that the Tweak Tool II is/can causing problems (may be the interaction between CPU and GPU) when CLOD is running and in addition when the tool is in "OCmax mode (= maximum after OC Scan).
    No problems with Tweak Tool II in "Standard OC Mode", "Gaming Mode" or "Silent Mode".

So..with other words...I`m back on the frontline

Best wishes
    Pro
    Last edited by ATAG_ProArmis; Nov-29-2019 at 12:38.