Thread: ASUS Users-Check BIOS Updates

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

ASUS Users-Check BIOS Updates

Following recent windows 10 updates, I experienced a few isolated "Blue Screens" with successful restarts. Finally, on, or about Nov 12, 2019, a blue screen was accompanied by an unsolicited message that "BIOS was updating". My system recovered, but the BIOS number remained unchanged, so I flashed the BIOS to a new version, one released in September, 2019 using the "Online" update method from the setup menus. It was fast and easy from Virginia, USA.

The new BIOS has been a great improvement! No BSOD's or other erratic behavior have been observed. Furthermore, I always boost the overclocking as a test of (in)stability following a BIOS change. The new BIOS v2002 (for my motherboard) has allowed stable overclocking to 30%, exceeding any previous level. I did not push it further, since 4.6 GHz is good enough for anything I can throw at it.

[EDIT] 11/26/2019: Still enjoying this improvement after 10 days. Enhanced stability has also allowed me to increase Video card overclock by a further 10%.

Most of us are loath to change BIOS without a clear need, but I wanted to share the experience I had with all aboard. Keep in mind, you need to re-input any personal preferences you use at the BIOS level like overclocking, hyperthreading and BIOS mode, etc. if you decide to update.

To see if your USA ASUS motherboard has available updates, go to:

https://www.asus.com/us/support/

Non USA users may need to find a more local URL.

Of course, update BIOS at your own risk with a stable power source for the machine.
    Last edited by Baffin; Nov-26-2019 at 11:55.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

2. Likes farley, Rostic, Stormrider, ATAG_Torian liked this post