Thread: Empty mirror?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.06 MB

Question Empty mirror?

Hey guys, i just bought CLoD blitz yesterday. I did a few flights, but is the mirror implemented?? I pressed M but all i see is the metal frame of the mirror???

2. Likes farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Re: Empty mirror?

Hi Yuri,

Welcome to the forum!

You’ve unfortunately discovered “the mirror glitch”. Luckily, the work-around to properly enabling it is easy, although admittedly a bit inconvenient. Simply run a Single Player Quick Mission (any of ‘em) and hit “M” (ie activate mirror). You will find when you go online your mirror is now likewise functioning. If you exit the game you will have to repeat this ritual before flying online again to have a working mirror.

Cheers,

Snapper

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Hey everyone,

Up in chat Yuri mentions that the mirror is not working in Single Player - Quick Missions. Any ideas on this?

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

What you said in the first post works for me.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.06 MB

Well i only encountered the bug once so far, but seems like it's not something that only happens in multiplayer

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

It has to be the first thing you do after entering the game. If you start the game, go into multi-player, then find the mirror not working, you have to get all the way out of the game. After restarting the game, immediately go into single-player and test the mirror. Once you find it working, then exit single-player then go into multi-player and it should work. Always does for me.
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf