Thread: Frame-rate drop over cities

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Frame-rate drop over cities

Hello friends,

I have bad frame drops over bigger cities, with i7 7700k GTX 1080.

It is normal? Becasue I saw some videos and it didn't look like a problem for these people. Everything maxed.
    Last edited by Mariangello; Dec-12-2019 at 08:51.

2. Likes ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Re: Frame-rate drop over cities

This is generally accepted as irreconcilable in CLoD. I run 2xGTX1080ti cards in properly functioning SLI, and still have frame rates dropping to the 45-50 range over Calais and Westminster, London. As air traffic increases when I'm over these areas below 3000', the performance deteriorates even more.

Overclocking both CPU and GPU helps a lot to improve performance (FPS), and is quite safe using the newer BIOS CPU overclocking and the MSI Afterburner freeware utility for the GPU(s). It takes some experimentation to fine tune your CPU and GPU to work well together, but that's part of the computer "hobby".
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

4. Likes ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Some tips that may help you...

- Never set, in video options, the buildings ammount to " Unlimited " whatever video card you may have ( High best option )

- If playing in 4K disable the antialiasing ( At that high resolution is almost useless and put strain on your PC/video card )

- Epilepsy filter always off ( except in case of medical problems related to this )

- SSAO off

- Forest: If playing online set it to very low otherwise you will see a lot of trees in more in respect to your opponent that probably has set it already so

- Extended Clouds unchecked ( if you notice FPS drops )

- Full Screen: Pseudo ( Same quality better performances in average )

- Set carefully your Nvidia Control Panel video options and assign the game a dedicated video options profile ( So your video card will not run at high levels if you're not playing the game ). Due to this leave your general video settings on default and instead create always a dedicated video options profile for each game you play.

- Disable grass if needed

- If you notice slowdowns and FPS take in mind that these are the video options that stress the most your video card/PC: Video Resolution ( The higher, the most ), Buildings Ammount, Clouds ammount and shadows settings

- Be careful in using SLI configuration with games like CloD ( I mean games not recently released ). Very often performances are better using only one video card than 2 in SLI of the same trade mark. SLI is a strange crazy world at times and not always " Two is meglio che one " how we say in Italy ( *Translation: 2 is better than 1 )
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Dec-12-2019 at 11:35.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thank you guys for help. It helped.

7. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders, ATAG_TCP liked this post
    5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Over the bigger towns and cities "building details" have quite an impact and conspire with "building amount". This setting controls the draw of things like Chimneys on houses and windows etc.

Lowering your forests too much may see you flying into invisible trees more often and looks crap.

Far Static Shadows hurt my performance more than any benefit they give.

The most important setting in the nvidia control panel is "prefer maximum performance" - the rest is, to one degree or another fluff. Forcing Ansiotopic filtering can improve the image to some eyes and enabling trilinear filtering optimisation whilst setting your Trilinear filter to anything but "high quality" can also help.

The axis free flight in the quick missions is a decent place to test the impact of settings as it puts you over Le Harve Whilst the "allied airfield attack" is a decent counter test as it put you in with multiple aircraft, cloud, ground units and some buildings as well.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

9. Likes ATAG_Snapper, FG28_matkenhaus liked this post