Thread: MS Feedback not working with blitz

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

MS Feedback not working with blitz

Hello Fellow Pilots.

I hope this is not one of those redundant questions that has been asked a million times and answered but I did a search and was not able to figure out my issue.

I have a Microsoft Force Feedback 2. I have used this joystick successfully with the original COD with the Team Fusion patches. Then came the BLITZ version and the joystick worked initially - in fact I took great pleasure in blasting the wings off several He-111 with the newly available Beaufighter!

Then something mysterious and somewhat sinister happened. I had not played the game for several months and came back to it - eagerly awaiting TFS 5.0 and now the darn joystick does not work! I went on STEAM and looked to see if there was an issue there. I had seen posts that say to uncheck GENERIC GAMEPAD CONFIGURATION SUPPORT. This was not checked to begin with so that was not my problem. At the bottom of this page (controller settings) it lists DETECTED CONTROLLERS and there is my Sidewinder Forcefeedback 2 Joystick listed. Hmmmm?

When I turn the game out, the Sidewinder pops to attention, but there is no response in game. However, I can open up the original COD and the joystick works.

I am flummoxed! I am also not that puter savvy so I don't know what to do at this point.... I am becoming very anxious as I know TFS 5.0 is right around the next cloud and I am going to be a wingless falcon!

Thanks in advance to an awesome community!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Re: MS Feedback not working with blitz

Quote Originally Posted by wobbiebait View Post
    However, I can open up the original COD and the joystick works.
    Hello wobbiebait, welcome.

Blitz will not automatically use the same settings as you made in original COD, and you did not specifically mention going into Options in Blitz and assigning your joystick to the axes. Please check the axis assignments.

Do you have force feedback set ON in the conf.ini file located here '\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover'? (Change this file only when the game is NOT running.)

[rts_joystick]
    FF=1

If you have assigned axes in options and switched on force feedback in conf.ini and it works you might want to adjust things, see this message here: https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=27436 Adjusting Force Feedback to your preference.

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA507NV, AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS CPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU, 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM, 16 GB DDR5 RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 11 Home 23H2, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VKB Gladiator Pro, MFG Crosswind, Wheel Stand Pro, EIZO CS240, Track-IR 5

3. Likes BOO liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Bonditaria,

Thank you so much for the help. That was the answer to all my issues! I am back in the cockpit, able to control my kite again, but still getting my butt kicked!

Thanks for taking the time to help out.

Cheers!

5. Likes Bonditaria, BOO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

I'm glad you got yourself sorted out; setting up your controls is the easy part... as you are finding out! Have fun!

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA507NV, AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS CPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU, 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM, 16 GB DDR5 RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 11 Home 23H2, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VKB Gladiator Pro, MFG Crosswind, Wheel Stand Pro, EIZO CS240, Track-IR 5