Thread: How to learn this game?

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

How to learn this game?

Hi TF! Congratulations for your work, the results are impressive. Since my childhood I am passionate about weapons and history. I gave up playing WoT Blitz and moved to RoF, IL-2 Sturmovik GB and CoD, DCS and Wolfpack (sub game). I don't know anything about flying a plane and fighting tactics for WW2 aircraft. It would help a lot for beginners to do manuals and / or video tutorials. At DCS you find both very detailed manuals, video tutorials but you can find many tutorials from their community on youtube. TF your members are capable enough to make a manual for this very successful game. Do you have any suggestions for beginners? PS:

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    9.73 MB

Re: How to learn this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Noobicum4Ever View Post
    Hi TF! Congratulations for your work, the results are impressive. Since my childhood I am passionate about weapons and history. I gave up playing WoT Blitz and moved to RoF, IL-2 Sturmovik GB and CoD, DCS and Wolfpack (sub game). I don't know anything about flying a plane and fighting tactics for WW2 aircraft. It would help a lot for beginners to do manuals and / or video tutorials. At DCS you find both very detailed manuals, video tutorials but you can find many tutorials from their community on youtube. TF your members are capable enough to make a manual for this very successful game. Do you have any suggestions for beginners? PS:
    Here is a link to the best of the best manual about aiplanes in the game: GUIDE BY CHUCK

Also you can write request in Youtube something like: "start up Spitfire IL-2 Cliffs of Dover" and so on.
    Last edited by Rostic; Dec-15-2019 at 05:29.
    PC spec: Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7Ghz, DDR4 32Gb 2666Mhz, Asus Prime Z370-A, ADATA XPG SX8200 240Gb (PCIe Gen3x4), RTX 2060 6Gb
    Monitor: DELL P2717H (1920x1080:60Hz)
    Joystick: Android smartphone MonectPC app (virtual joystick driver)
    Hadtracker: Track IR 4 / No VR

Enjoy multiplayer historical campaigns with Flying Tin Cans.
    Join us: https://flyingtincans.com —(•)— Discord —(•)— YouTube

3. Likes TWC_Padre, ATAG_TCP, ATAG_Lord Wukits liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Please don't forget, that TFS is a working as a group of unpaid enthousiasts dedicating their spare time to this.
    Their main objective is to improve the game, get a whole new scenario done with map, new plane set, new ground objects revised flight- and damage model, improved AI and whatnot.
    Thus, those who really know their stuff are drowning in work just to get Tobruk out.

In the mean time the very best thing you can do, is to go online and connect to team speak.
    Be sure a lot of people will rush in to help you get airborne in your favourite kite, because the CloD community is second to none!

S!

DerDa

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Rostic View Post
    Here is a link .... and so on.

Thank you for the answer.
    The manual is great, I need this manual to learn the game. Is the manual 100% compatible with the Blitz edition?
    I will also look for tutorials on youtube!

6. Likes farley, ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Talking Re: How to learn this game?

Quote Originally Posted by DerDa View Post
    Please don't forget, ... because the CloD community is second to none!

I now! A few days ago I bought this game, because I saw on their YouTube channel the result of their work in the 5.0 edition and the price was reduced by 75% on Steam. Initially I was not convinced, I thought that this game does not compare to IL-2 Great Battles but I said that it is worth buying, TF makes efforts to keep this project alive and I can contribute a little. After playing, it seems to me that the game is very successful and I would like to learn it!
    Now I must see what is Team Speak )!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    9.73 MB

Thank you for the answer.
    The manual is great, I need this manual to learn the game. Is the manual 100% compatible with the Blitz edition?
    I will also look for tutorials on youtube!
    Sadly, but this manual not 100% compatible with Blitz. So, when something goes wrong... just ask here.

And I remembered that WiKi is more actual: https://www.theairtacticalassaultgro...flight_manuals
    PC spec: Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7Ghz, DDR4 32Gb 2666Mhz, Asus Prime Z370-A, ADATA XPG SX8200 240Gb (PCIe Gen3x4), RTX 2060 6Gb
    Monitor: DELL P2717H (1920x1080:60Hz)
    Joystick: Android smartphone MonectPC app (virtual joystick driver)
    Hadtracker: Track IR 4 / No VR

Enjoy multiplayer historical campaigns with Flying Tin Cans.
    Join us: https://flyingtincans.com —(•)— Discord —(•)— YouTube

9. Likes danperin, ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

First of all was pretty interesting reading your " Game Evolution " that have brought you to here!

The best advice I can give you are these:

- Initially spend some time offline to familiarize with the aircraft you intend to fly and to collect all the needed info about the basic engine management and main characteristics of that aircraft/s

- Once you feel confident enough with it/them jump on the ATAG TeamSpeak3 server and feel free to ask your questions to the most experienced pilots in respect to you ( You'll find many available to provide you the necessary " Learning Tips " )

- Differently from other similar WW2 flight simulators this is a game with a quite steep learning curve so give yourself the necessary time to learn complex engine management, dogfight tacticts, tips, etc without hurry

- In my opinion, if you want to get the best out of this game, you need to fly online. A thing is dogfighting with an aircraft controlled by the AI that, for whatever it could be smart, it will never match the " intelligence " of a human player. If you want to learn the most and becoming a very skilled virtual pilot you have to " face " the most difficult situations or rather having to react to a human player moves and tactics

- Personally speaking, if you need any kind of help in setting up the game or about questions you may have, feel free to contact me anytime on Ts3...I'll be more then happy to reply your questions and possibly help you!

...and last but not least...Welcome to the IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Blitz community!!!!

My best regards and salutes!

Horrido!!!
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Dec-15-2019 at 15:27.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Very well put, Molders! : Excellent advice!

And another big welcome to the Cliffs Community! Salute!

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    634.51 MB

Welcome to the Cliffs Community!
    First come ,last left
    My rig : Win 10 pro 64 bit; Mb Gigabyte B560M AORUS PRO ,I5 11400F @4,2GHz,gc,GIGABYTE RTX 3070 TI 8 Gb,32 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR4 ,SSD Transcend 240 Gb, Gigabyte G32QC ,VKB Gladiator Pro,MMJOY2 home made pedals and gas , TrackIR 5. Steam ID: YR-DAN

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Erpr.Gr.210_Molders View Post
    First of all was pretty interesting reading your " Game Evolution " that have brought you to here!

The best advice I can give you are these:

Horrido!!!

Hello! Thank you very much for the explanations provided. Beyond all the very useful tips (I will take into account all this information), I am glad that this community is friendly and united. For me this matters a lot. I'll write to you when I need information and advice.

To be honest, I got tired of premium account, premium tanks, premium ammunition, unlock tanks, unlock modules, mm which seems to be not random and so many nerves.

I have a curiosity. Where can I find information on the differences between CoD Blitz and Great Battles? From what I found out, reading reviews on Steam, CoDB is more realistic. What it is?

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Marlow View Post
    Very well put, Molders! : Excellent advice!

And another big welcome to the Cliffs Community! Salute!
    Thank you! SALUTE

15. Likes ATAG_Lord Wukits, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by rontaila View Post
    Welcome to the Cliffs Community!
    Gata, am găsit pe cine stresez cu întrebări ). Și eu sunt român!
    =
    (I found the one I'm stressing with questions ). And I am Romanian too!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    328.74 MB

Welcome to the community!

My advice is pick some of the quick missions if you like and just fly around, get used to the physics.
    Play around with where it stalls and how it reacts etc. Spitfires will do "wing-overs" quite often depending on what you are doing, as it is easy to stall one wing and have it roll under compared to a 109.

If you poke around a bit, before commencing each mission you should be able to find a box that says Realism Options (or equivelant) you can go into there and deselect complex engine management.
    That will enable you to start your engine by simply pushing "i" (default key) and not worry about overheating and blowing your radiator.
    Or you can jump right in and start learning the full system, which isn't too bad once you learn it. I learned the engine procedures from Youtube, but took me a couple of years of experimentation (Before joining Team Speak and becoming more active on the forum) before actually learning how to not blow up my radiator xD

Lastly don't worry too much about it, just hop in, play around and figure some things out, and no doubt find out the differences between Cliffs and Great Battles before you know it

Welcome and have fun!
    Last edited by ATAG_TCP; Dec-18-2019 at 17:57.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

I have a curiosity. Where can I find information on the differences between CoD Blitz and Great Battles? From what I found out, reading reviews on Steam, CoDB is more realistic. What it is?
    Reply to your 1st question

You can search both Steam, Google or YouTube you'll find many threads and videos related to this argument

My 2 cents about the " Realism ":

1) The fully " Realistic " WW2 Flight Sim do not exit and never will. Why? Because in game you can learn from your errors and you have also available other community members sharing their knowledge with you anytime. While playing you will have always the chance to respawn or fly another mission if you made something wrong. In real life no: you make a mistake, you're dead...end of the games! ( ...and fortunately we will never have to deal with this! )

2) The " Realism " in a WW2 Flight Sim, in my humble opinion, it's very dependant on player expetations and very dependant on " What he thinks is the realism he wants ". Most of the times what for a player is " Realistic ", for another one could be fully arcade.
    Note also that there is diference between a WW2 game about aviation and a WW2 flight simulator. One is something that attempts to give you fun and some hours of relax, the other is something that try to reproduce, in the best possible way, the behaviour and avionics of a real aircraft.

3) IMHO ( acronym of " In My Humble Opinion " ) also speaking of Flight and Damage models you will never find a " perfect " WW2 aviation game/flight sim under these aspects . Some can get close to it but, for whatever good they can be, they will never be the same thing of flying a real aircraft!

4) Which one I like the most between Blitz and BoS? For sure Blitz because, IMHO, it's the one that get more closer to my idea of a PC WW2 flight sim and of " Realism "...but as said it is only my point of view, other players will surely have different opinions...and onions

5) The rule I use is this, in general: I find the game that suits better/the most my preferences than I try to support and play it the most I can. Comparisons or complains between different games are useless and do not bring to nothing IMHO, obtaining only the result of dividing more, a small niche community, as the one of the flight simmers is!

6) Last but not least... Any kind of war, both real and verbal, is terrible and it creates only divisions between human beings and members of the same community! Any kind of war is something that must be rejected utterly! Strive always for peace and frienship, both in real life and with your online playmates!

Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Dec-18-2019 at 21:07.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    328.74 MB

Well spoken Mölders,
    I agree quite substantially

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    634.51 MB

Gata, am găsit pe cine stresez cu întrebări ). Și eu sunt român!
    =
    (I found the one I'm stressing with questions ). And I am Romanian too!)
    Ma bucur ca inca un roman intra in aceasta comunitate extraordinara, vei gasi ajutor indifferent de nationalitate , totul este sa intrebi si cel mai bine intreaba in in TS. Inca o data" bine ai venit !" Si parafrazandu-l pe Lewis incepe de aici https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...t=5058&p=52711

I am glad that another Romanian enters this extraordinary community, you will find help regardless of nationality, everything is to ask and the best question in TS. Once again "welcome!" And to paraphrase Lewis" starts from here"
    First come ,last left
    My rig : Win 10 pro 64 bit; Mb Gigabyte B560M AORUS PRO ,I5 11400F @4,2GHz,gc,GIGABYTE RTX 3070 TI 8 Gb,32 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR4 ,SSD Transcend 240 Gb, Gigabyte G32QC ,VKB Gladiator Pro,MMJOY2 home made pedals and gas , TrackIR 5. Steam ID: YR-DAN