Thread: AI pilots bailing due to fire

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    251.25 MB

AI pilots bailing due to fire

Currently, you only have to light a small bit of the bugger on fire and the whole crew bails. As convenient as this is for those of us with only .303s, is there a way to fix this or is it planned to be fixed in the 5.0 update? I makes life easier sure, and I shouldn't be complaining, but I would like to have a bit of a longer dogfight sometimes as the lucky small rudder fire ends what a live player would have continued.

2. Likes ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Re: AI pilots bailing due to fire

We will be looking at the duration of time before a crew bails due to fire.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

That's a good point you raise. Along the same lines as that, would it be possible to fix the radio comms at the same time? The reason being that often a player can be attacking an aircraft, put a few shots on it and while it doesn't look like you have been super effective, somehow the radio announces "Good Kill!"
    Personally I would either remove that as there is no way the player or a wingman should be able to confirm a kill unless the audio can be changed so it is only activated if the aircraft the player is attacking loses a wing, explodes on the deck or explodes in the air.
    That one audio clip spoils a lot of enjoyment.

Would it be possible to change it so it activates only when one of the above criteria are met?

Cheers, MP
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

5. Likes \Hawk/ liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    251.25 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    So there is no way to say "hey, its just your rudder, keep going" vs "hey, your engine is on fire, get out NOW", only to say "hey, just wait a little longer before you do bail"?

I know there is only so much for you guys to work with from what has been handed to you by 1C, I'm just a dumb that likes things spelled out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.99 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    That's a good point you raise. Along the same lines as that, would it be possible to fix the radio comms at the same time? The reason being that often a player can be attacking an aircraft, put a few shots on it and while it doesn't look like you have been super effective, somehow the radio announces "Good Kill!"
    Personally I would either remove that as there is no way the player or a wingman should be able to confirm a kill unless the audio can be changed so it is only activated if the aircraft the player is attacking loses a wing, explodes on the deck or explodes in the air.
    That one audio clip spoils a lot of enjoyment.

Would it be possible to change it so it activates only when one of the above criteria are met?

Cheers, MP
    I would suggest a range limit in there somewhere. I can see the possibility of a series of "Good kill" messages when planes go down somewhere waaaay away from visual range. Like when you and the flight are landing at East Church and the enemy plane crashes over France.

There might be an existing series of audio clips in the game that could be recorded, chopped up and reassembled to give different audio clip options. Might be tricky to not have it sound like he is reading out a radar report - but it is an option. Unless the ingame speach files are in some strange format. There might be a limit to how many there can be - an old one might need to be replaced. It would save using voice actors and re-doing all the languages. Something like "Good hit" or "Good shot" or "Good shooting" or some other combinations that could be replicated for the other languages. It doesn't "confirm the kill" but each of the alternative suggestions is acceptable for either it exploding/lost wings/lost tail assembly/crashing/showing no visable major damage/bailing out/spewing smoke. There might even be "Nice shot" or similar, already in the game.
    Zx Spectrum, 48k. Mono tape player. Loose 3.5mm Jacks that need a wiggle once and a while.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    I add another point while you are checking this aspect, that is realeted to an argument having to do with crew " response " to fire in a certain sense.

Noticed this with the Bf 110 late variants.

When your aircraft wing or fuselage takes fire only the rear gunner dies due to it. The pilot remains only wounded.

Said in general the Bf 110 rear gunner seems to be to much prone to die in respect to the pilot ( Especially when you are manning it manually and speaking of his " resistance " to bullets too), also in respect to other aircraft that have a rear gunner but that have no additional armour plates to protect him ( The Ju 88 top gunner, for example, is the first one that comes to my mind ).
    There are a lot of occasions that both you and the pilot are wounded in the same way but, after a bit, the rear gunner dies while the pilot remains alive.

Said in brief the Bf 110 rear gunner seems to die much more easily in respect to other aircraft with crew. ( I can open a museeum of dead Bf 110 rear gunners )

IMHO the way actually the Bf 110 rear guner dies is correct for the early Bf 110 variants ( C-2 mainly, No additional armour plates ) but not so for the later ones.

If TFS could have the chance to fix this aspect, it should be indeed a great work and a very welcome thing! S!
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Dec-20-2019 at 15:17.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

9. Likes TWC_SomeNewGuy liked this post