Thread: Hello!

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.03 MB

Hello!

Hello,

Just joined up to download some multiplayer missions to play with a mate - at the moment the complex engine management is a no-go for us while we're learning.

2. Likes farley, ATAG_Laser, ATAG_ProArmis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Re: Hello!

Hi winterdyne....and a big welcome from all of us at ATAG! Welcome to our Forum and servers...we are delighted you found us! This is a fantastic place with a brilliant Community all of whom are besotted with all things aviation. I'm sure you and your friends will feel right at home here.

You have arrived at a very exciting time as Team Fusion are working on a complete new map and new aircraft for us to enjoy. However, there is still much to enjoy on our exisiting Axis and Allies Server and I would urge you and you friends give it a try. That's where you will learn fastest. I would also urge you to download Team Speak (it's free!) so that you can talk to each other as you fly. More importantly, it will allow you to talk to us and get answers to the questions you will undoubtedly have. A few minutes talking to an experienced pilot is worth three months of trawling through the net!

You mention 'complex engine management.' With that in mind could I suggest you first learn to fly the Hurricane 1 (100 octane) which has a nice wide undercarriage for landings and take off and then the Spitfire 1a (100 octane). These are the aircraft with the most straight forward engine management. With both you can set 100% throttle, 85% prop pitch and 100% radiator and fly around all day. These are 'set and forget' settings.

After a while you can experiment with reducing the radiator whilst cruising in level flight (or diving) down to 50%, even 35% when chasing enemy aircraft but you MUST watch your radiator temp guage and be ready to open up the radiator. And you must open the radiator fully when climbing or in a dog fight. I hope this helps get you started.

Have fun and I hope we get to meet you in our CLoD skies very soon....and Merry Christmas! Salute!
    Last edited by ATAG_Marlow; Dec-20-2019 at 09:06.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    226.63 MB

you can also get help almost anytime with CEM on the teamspeak or discord servers for TWC or ATAG.
    In Atag the teamspeak server is on this website in twc ours is in the briefing so have fun and come join us on comms no body bites except high seas and dont worry he has had all his shots. <S> Fatal
    i7 2700 ,32 gigs, 4 ssd's ,1 7200rpm 2terabyte,1 samsung 55 display,2 mfd's,EDTRACKER,Warthog ,X55 stick, 7inch liliput monitor in mfd's 21 I-inc secondary display for instruments using virtual cockpit
    [*]iustus facere unus[*] JUST MAKE ONE ( FATAL ERROR) Commander TWC http://twcpilots.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Fatal_Error View Post
    ......... no body bites except high seas and dont worry he has had all his shots. <S> Fatal

....BWAAAGGGHHHHHH! Love it, Fatal! Salute!