Thread: Cliffs of Dover Blitz-Will not Run

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Cliffs of Dover Blitz-Will not Run

I Have continually tried to get this to run on my machine. I select a quick mission, the flight loads for about 20 seconds then CTD. I have uninstalled so many times (and deleted the folder in users) but nothing changes, it still crashes. Its the only game that does this?, I run XP11 easily on high settings no problem. The game itself sits on its own partition on a separate SSD. My specs are as follows:-

i7 7700 OC @ 4.8ghz
    32gb RAM
    GTX 2070 black edition
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Any ideas as I would like to use the game

2. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Re: Cliffs of Dover Blitz-Will not Run

Suggestion #1 ( Let's start from here trying to help you )

- Uninstall the game via Steam.

- Check that effectively all the folders related to the game have been deleted ( Both in C: and Documents folders )

- Install the game but don't start it

- Go to the Steam game proprierties and select " Create a desktop Shortcut " ( If you notice that Steam haven't already done it )

- Once done try starting the game using the desktop shortcut just created

- If it doesn't go to Steam game proprieties and select " Check game files integrity "

- Once done disable the Steam overlay

- Check also that your antivirus program is not blocking the game from running in any way

- Try again starting the game but instead of playing a single mission try to connect to an online server ( In the case it works, it means that you were using a corrupted single mission file )

- In case of troubles after following this procedure please report here again as much precisely as you can ( Add screenshots or video of the problem noticed if you have them available, this will help a lot ), thanks!

Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Dec-20-2019 at 12:09.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

4. Likes Baffin, ATAG_ProArmis liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Tried all your suggestions but still no joy. I tried every option in single mission and its all the same, I get past the map, it loads, the one I chose was Bomber intercept, it lets me fly for 10/20 seconds, I can bank left/right, climb/dive, but the moment I hit the gun trigger it freezes then CTD. Campaign doesn't load at all, I select Fly, it takes me back to mission brief, then CTD.

I'm baffled, as a matter of interest does it have to be installed on the C drive with Windows? I ask because I install on a separate partition on another SSD

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by pks1414 View Post
    Tried all your suggestions but still no joy. I tried every option in single mission and its all the same, I get past the map, it loads, the one I chose was Bomber intercept, it lets me fly for 10/20 seconds, I can bank left/right, climb/dive, but the moment I hit the gun trigger it freezes then CTD. Campaign doesn't load at all, I select Fly, it takes me back to mission brief, then CTD.

I'm baffled, as a matter of interest does it have to be installed on the C drive with Windows? I ask because I install on a separate partition on another SSD
    In theory you can install it everywhere you want. The fastest is the device, the better will run the game and the more quick will be your connection to online servers.

Do not be afraid mate one step a time we'll find the solution!

Suggestion #2

- Try install the game on your main drive C: and partition ( Better if on it, it's running Win 10 and it's a SSD ) so we can understand if it's a drive or game issue

- Report back after this trial, thanks
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Dec-20-2019 at 14:21.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

7. Likes ATAG_ProArmis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

*Note: I'm now back at the PC so I'm in real time trying to help you so update frequently the page to check for new replies

My PC specs

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Do you have the original "IL-2 STURMOVIK CLIFFS OF DOVER" installed on Steam?

If so, please uninstall it.... only Blitz Edition should be installed.

Are you running any 3rd party graphics programs? If so, try turning them off.

Finally, please have a look through the pinned topics at the technical forum at 1C for the most common causes of crashes or failures to launch:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum...al-assistance/

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.97 MB

........Any ideas as I would like to use the game
    sounds to me that the problem only apears when jumping into 3D enviroment.

I`m sure you have already done this, but check also your graphic adjustments:

• Start again with basic settings.... like 60Hz etc.
    • Stop overclocking graphic card/RAM....sometimes (when too hard) it can cause problems between interaction of CPU and GPU and the game crashed when jumping into 3D enviroment
    • Check DirectX status..everything updated?

Good luck
    Pro
    Last edited by ATAG_ProArmis; Dec-21-2019 at 11:48.

11. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post