Thread: BOBC’s Technical Corner

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

BOBC’s Technical Corner

Hi,
    wish to fly over a snowy uk landscape,

how can I fly such a landscape, is there a download of such, how do I install it etc etc.
    Single player or FMB, flight of 4 a/c would be good, so fmb best.

Cheers

BOBC

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Re: How can I get to fly over a winter landscape in single player or even FMB ?

Quote Originally Posted by BOBC View Post
    Hi,
    wish to fly over a snowy uk landscape,

how can I fly such a landscape, is there a download of such, how do I install it etc etc.
    Single player or FMB, flight of 4 a/c would be good, so fmb best.

Cheers

BOBC
    Already in the game.... just load the winter map when you are building a mission in the FMB.

3. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    Already in the game.... just load the winter map when you are building a mission in the FMB.
    Hi, found it, couldnt find it first time,

Cheers

BOBC

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

How to enter 7pm as a mission time ?

Hi,
    CoD Blitz.
    I go to Full mission builder > mission parameters, 12:00 I alter 12 to 19 to get 19:00 (7pm) and I get .9 I cant seem to enter a time.

How do I enter 7pm ?

I want the sun to be from due west.

I fly that .9 and everything is really odd, dark blue or brown, and snow is brown.

7pm is still daylight in BoB months.

Cheers, and a Happy Christmas.

BOBC

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi,
    CoD Blitz.
    apart from trying to get a flight with the sun in the west( see other post) and failing, I need the snow to be white, I am getting dull grey hint of brown coloured snow landscape , but why isnt the snow white, its as if its filthy. time is 12:00 weather clear.

Cheers
    BOBC

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Link wanted youtube vid of CoD portraying REALISTIC BoB scene seen from cockpit

Hi,
    Just got HD TV, and wishing to play CoD film by accessing internet on it, and youtube. Searching www via PC I cant find a vid which is BoB period REALISTIC.
    No modern pop music, no rock bands, only modern music IF its well thought out and very appropriate, it has to be capturing that period and the suspense and feeling of a dogfight and likely to get an oscar for suitable film score !
    No jerky movements of aircraft and views, smooth sweeps only, no jumping back and forth between views., needs to be as if pilot had camera attached to helmet.
    All filmed within cockpit,
    correct BoB skins, no yellow edges to spit wings etc.
    Correct flying gear, (e.g barflys strange USAF head gear spoils it as does peaked cap and headphones !)
    Cockpit view as in the real thing, no fisheye view with fwd screen really small., gunsight and some instruments should be visible but not the entire cockpit if pause is hit.
    Speech best avoided unless it is as per that period but yet to hear anyone do so.
    No text or instrument bar charts, or map appearing on screen etc !

BOBC
    Last edited by BOBC; Dec-22-2019 at 19:53.

8. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Re: How to enter 7pm as a mission time ?

This is odd..You need to simply add the number 19 instead of the 12 then save the mission...at least here...I've atteched here also the FMB file with the summer map and the time set to 19 if it could be of help for you

FMB Mission file available at: https://mega.nz/#!np5xBY7a

Decryption Key: SUB79v1alAdH2-gTre41q6PawCdrvxetDzaXkgoGvX0 ( Simply copy and paste it in the decryption key box once you have opened the link provided above )

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Dec-22-2019 at 23:46.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Re: Link wanted youtube vid of CoD portraying REALISTIC BoB scene seen from cockpit

Something like this?

Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Hi,
    CoD Blitz.
    apart from trying to get a flight with the sun in the west( see other post) and failing, I need the snow to be white, I am getting dull grey hint of brown coloured snow landscape , but why isnt the snow white, its as if its filthy. time is 12:00 weather clear.

Cheers
    BOBC
    This can be due to two factors: The time of the day you selected ( Light cconditions ) or due to your monitor/video card settings maybe set too saturated. At least here I can see the snow perfectly white as you can see in the reference image below.

Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Dec-23-2019 at 04:14.

My PC specs

12. Likes ATAG_Vampire liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi,
    I see your 110 pic with snow looking like that on my pc.
    I run a colour calibrated (has its own inbuilt pop up) eizo coloredge14 inch monitor for photographic work, at £1400 its colour accurate
    Your 110 pic has a brownish white 110, the snow is also as I see it, a brownish white, darker than the 110, the clouds lack the brownish look, see sampling done., (I will send an image of this when get time after boxing day as its Christmas eve).

The rgb values (in R g B order) of what I see are :-
    224 212 186 ( R G B) hue 41 me110 fuselage side
    Snow 153 146 130 hue 42
    Snow is same hue in effect just darker

Now the clouds:
    Puffy clouds 187 186 184 hue 40
    High level whiter ones bit thin to sample but picked best spot to do so.
    192 198 209 hue 219

So the puffy clouds are same hue but lose the brownish colour, as the rgb values are near each other, (neutral grey sees rgb same values)

Do other folk see brownish whites on aircraft and snow in this shot ?

On a calibrated monitor ?
    All the photos I take, and colours I create for cmyk printing etc, look bang accurate, the sim however has something going on .
    I will fly another such as rowan and msoft combat to see but something is wrong.

Can others send their screenies.

The fact that the clouds are white looking at the snow anything but in the same flight on mine and on yours is telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Erpr.Gr.210_Molders View Post
    This can be due to two factors: The time of the day you selected ( Light cconditions ) or due to your monitor/video card settings maybe set too saturated. At least here I can see the snow perfectly white as you can see in the reference image below.

BOBC

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Re: Link wanted youtube vid of CoD portraying REALISTIC BoB scene seen from cockpit

Hi, unfortunately the video looks very dark, sort of 3 stops underexposed, unlike others, and not much there seen 'from the cockpit'.
    BOBC

15. Dislikes Bonditaria disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

BOBC’s Technical Corner

Hi everyone,

Please take a look at what BOBC has posted and feel free to respond with suggestions, ideas, and fair comments. For my part I will urge BOBC to share a bit with us his work!

Cheers,

Snapper

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

17. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Re: BOBC’s Technical Corner

Hi Epr210_Molders, running the 19:00 mission, managed to somehow find out how to add snow, despite reply to original post asking of such, now that it is part of a tech combined thread having vanished. (lost all my replies), its very dark, most strange, altered it to 17:00 and again I get .7 eventually somehow clicking about with mouse it becomes 17, and its till dark, as if its after sunset.

Also as I zoom in onto map and the map becomes landscape, I am met with brown !

BOBC

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Hi Epr210_Molders, running the 19:00 mission, managed to somehow find out how to add snow, despite reply to original post asking of such, now that it is part of a tech combined thread having vanished. (lost all my replies), its very dark, most strange, altered it to 17:00 and again I get .7 eventually somehow clicking about with mouse it becomes 17, and its till dark, as if its after sunset.

Also as I zoom in onto map and the map becomes landscape, I am met with brown !

BOBC
    Take in mind this also ( speaking of light conditions ): The sun eight and the light emanated by it changes depending on the map you have selected, also selecting the same time of the day. For example if you select 15:00 o'clock in a summer, autumn or winter map you will notice a decisive change in light conditions and landscape shadows between them due to the different sun position ( Summer higher, Winter lower ) and brightness ( Summer more, Winter less ). Last but not least due to this will change also the time at which the sun will raise/lower behind the horizon. If I remember correctly in every map you get the peak of light at 12:00 so if you intend to have the best light conditions on your winter map probably better set it as time of the day for your mission.

If after all your trials you will still consider the light conditions not of your taste ( or if you think that there something wrong with them ) probably not bad considering the idea to report it to TFS ( via the dedicated forum section or the bug tracker ).
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Dec-24-2019 at 23:27.

My PC specs

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi,
    the entering of the two figures for e.g. 16:00 is buggy, if I keep clicking in between the two chars it in time shows 16 as opposed to .6
    I have flown 6pm then 5pm then 4pm and 4pm is as if sun has just set, then 3pm and its getting near horizon, The sim has decided (or someone has) that snow means December and sunset at 4.
    The snow colour of brown though when the clouds above are white is not right., even at 12:00 if all things white were brown then it might be colour engine, my graphics card a GTX970 delivers correct colour in all other things I do on this calibrated screen. I also need to run in sRGB for the sim and Adobe RGB for all colour accurate work. Pity sims are in a lesser colour gamut, as Adobe RGB1998 achieves a greater range of real life colours and sRGB is more desaturated on those it can portray. Normal practice is to use AdobeRGB1998 for colour work, photo editing etc.
    BOBC

Quote Originally Posted by Erpr.Gr.210_Molders View Post
    Take in mind this also ( speaking of light conditions ): The sun eight and the light emanated by it changes depending on the map you have selected, also selecting the same time of the day. For example if you select 15:00 o'clock in a summer, autumn or winter map you will notice a decisive change in light conditions and landscape shadows between them due to the different sun position ( Summer higher, Winter lower ) and brightness ( Summer more, Winter less ). Last but not least due to this will change also the time at which the sun will raise/lower behind the horizon. If I remember correctly in every map you get the peak of light at 12:00 so if you intend to have the best light conditions on your winter map probably better set it as time of the day for your mission.

If after all your trials you will still consider the light conditions not of your taste ( or if you think that there something wrong with them ) probably not bad considering the idea to report it to TFS ( via the dedicated forum section or the bug tracker ).

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi,
    I hope when I post in this thread which I am supposed to use for ALL tech posts, however varied the subject may be, that the post appears as per normal posts by folk, and is seen floating on the surface as it were where it gets replied to, as opposed to it sitting in some sunken pot (this sticky) waiting until someone lifts the lid to see whats in there, as such could see me wait months, and I cant progress my skin whilst hoping on a curious visitor to do so !
    Would the following problem be a technical one and solvable asap as the skin is ready for release after this is solved. ..and I create the other three skins to go with it.
    I am at the end of skinning no. 1 of 4 of an ACCURATE Me109E but there is a default 87 octane triangle half the size it should be for my art, overlapping the correct triangle. I am told by Yo-Yo in the skinning thread wher I have posted on this that TF would be the folk to fix it.
    I know however that the desert is instead where its at in what is a BoB sim preoccupying TF now, I can but live in hope., if fixed then I can release my skins on the world, many months of work has gone into them.

Stay safe everyone, note Covid19 floats and survives for 3 hours when breathed out, as is possible with normal masks and inhalation happens unless wearing FFP2 or FFP3 filters, latter are best. Wiped areas must remain wet for 30 secs, and bacterial wipes no good must be virus one. Beware cash, groceries and anything anyone has handled at the car boot sale etc.

First there was those naughty Germans now its Covid19. A new combat area, keep your witts about you.

BOBC

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

It is as I fear posting here doesnt get seen unless someone thinks to lift the lid on this box to see whats inside, no reason for them to do so, so I am posting letters as it were into a letterbox placed in some forgotten corner of a field and Mr Postie is rarely if ever going there, it may as well sit above a sewer. When one posts one is hoping for a fix in a day or so or week, as to be out of action for months waiting for someone to wonder what in this box is of no use whatsoever.

Hi,
    I hope when I post in this thread which I am supposed to use for ALL tech posts, however varied the subject may be, that the post appears as per normal posts by folk, and is seen floating on the surface as it were where it gets replied to, as opposed to it sitting in some sunken pot (this sticky) waiting until someone lifts the lid to see whats in there, as such could see me wait months, and I cant progress my skin whilst hoping on a curious visitor to do so !
    Would the following problem be a technical one and solvable asap as the skin is ready for release after this is solved. ..and I create the other three skins to go with it.
    I am at the end of skinning no. 1 of 4 of an ACCURATE Me109E but there is a default 87 octane triangle half the size it should be for my art, overlapping the correct triangle. I am told by Yo-Yo in the skinning thread wher I have posted on this that TF would be the folk to fix it.
    I know however that the desert is instead where its at in what is a BoB sim preoccupying TF now, I can but live in hope., if fixed then I can release my skins on the world, many months of work has gone into them.

Stay safe everyone, note Covid19 floats and survives for 3 hours when breathed out, as is possible with normal masks and inhalation happens unless wearing FFP2 or FFP3 filters, latter are best. Wiped areas must remain wet for 30 secs, and bacterial wipes no good must be virus one. Beware cash, groceries and anything anyone has handled at the car boot sale etc.

First there was those naughty Germans now its Covid19. A new combat area, keep your witts about you.

BOBC