Thread: TFS 5.0 BF 108 Taifun

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

TFS 5.0 BF 108 Taifun

Team Fusion Simulations Bf-108 B2 Taifun

The Taifun is one of the new flyable aircraft in TFS 5.0. IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Blitz North African expansion.

The Luftwaffe utilised the Taifun during WW2 as a personal transport and liaison aircraft.

Bf 108 B-2 Taifun(3).jpg

Bf 108 B-2 Taifun(1).jpg

Bf 108 B-2 Taifun(3).jpg

Cheers,

Pattle

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    328.74 MB

Re: TFS 5.0 BF 108 Taifun

Looking very nice!
    Always great to have some extra variety

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

The Mooney of it's time

Last edited by IIJG27Rich; Jan-03-2020 at 01:52.

4. Likes ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

If you want to know all the dirty secrets of the 108, have a look at Kermit's restoration project.
    Last edited by DUI; Jan-02-2020 at 16:48.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by DUI View Post
    If you want to know all the dirty secrets of the 108, have a look at Kermit's restoration project.

Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

What will be the point of this aircraft in the game? It can't attack or defend, just fly around.
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Kendy for the State View Post
    What will be the point of this aircraft in the game? It can't attack or defend, just fly around.

I don't know what the eventual result will be, but, some time ago it was mentioned that, this aircraft has dual controls and can be used as a basic trainer over the internet...2 pilots control the same aircraft. If that can be achieved it will be astonishing.

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA507NV, AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS CPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU, 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM, 16 GB DDR5 RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 11 Home 23H2, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VKB Gladiator Pro, MFG Crosswind, Wheel Stand Pro, EIZO CS240, Track-IR 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Bonditaria View Post
    I don't know what the eventual result will be, but, some time ago it was mentioned that, this aircraft has dual controls and can be used as a basic trainer over the internet...2 pilots control the same aircraft. If that can be achieved it will be astonishing.
    Very cool.

I could have used an aircraft like this to train new pilots. Just being able to sit beside them and see the gauges would make this easier, let alone being able to take over control.

It would feel more real, too.

Thanks TFS.
    Last edited by DRock; Jan-03-2020 at 04:13.

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

As mentioned above, that is our hope. Also, the Axis side did not have a training aircraft like the Allies do in the Tiger Moth and this one was already in game.

Plus as a mission builder this type of aircraft has lots of possibilities. Not everyone will fly them but I have some ideas to some exciting online missions with it, as I'm sure other mission builders/server people do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

I think the Luftwaffe intended it for the ATAG mission 'Steamworks'. It's the ideal aircraft to pick up the spy and fly him back to France.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Oskar View Post
    I think the Luftwaffe intended it for the ATAG mission 'Steamworks'. It's the ideal aircraft to pick up the spy and fly him back to France.
    The 110 is fine too for that...
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    15.32 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_DRock View Post
    Very cool.

I could have used used an aircraft like this to train new pilots. Just being able to sit beside them and see the gauges would make this easier, let alone being able to take over control.

It would feel more real, too.

Thanks TFS.
    You may already be able to do this with the tiger moth, but I never tested it online with another human. Use the binding: (under aircraft) Jump between pilot and selected position :gives control to the other pilot. In the Br20, the co-pilot will take over and usually cause a horrific death if you don't catch it in time. (Tested in the moth and it does the same thing)

I believe it is used in a provided training mission where you hand control back and forth to the instructor (single player mission) but I have slept since then.
    Last edited by Torric270; Jan-03-2020 at 02:06.

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Torric270 View Post
    You may already be able to do this with the tiger moth, but I never tested it online with another human. Use the binding: (under aircraft) Jump between pilot and selected position :gives control to the other pilot. In the Br20, the co-pilot will take over and usually cause a horrific death if you don't catch it in time. (Tested in the moth and it does the same thing)

I believe it is used in a provided training mission where you hand control back and forth to the instructor (single player mission) but I have slept since then.
    One time, at band camp (ATAG server), Kennedy Oz was flying in a 110 and i was his gunner. He was called away at short notice and left the game. After his seat became vacant i then moved from the gunner's seat to the pilot's seat and kept flying the same aircraft for another hour or so. So its possible to do in MP.

15. Likes Gingerbread, Kendy for the State liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Ezzie View Post
    One time, at band camp (ATAG server), Kennedy Oz was flying in a 110 and i was his gunner. He was called away at short notice and left the game. After his seat became vacant i then moved from the gunner's seat to the pilot's seat and kept flying the same aircraft for another hour or so. So its possible to do in MP.
    If you do that, and assuming you both have different key bindings etc., whose .ini settings are used to control the plane?

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    If you do that, and assuming you both have different key bindings etc., whose .ini settings are used to control the plane?
    Im not sure - i flew it for a while and cant recall any issues with different bindings etc but maybe there were some and i cant remember them. I think i had my front gun loadout re tracers etc but cant be sure either.

All im sure about is jumping into front seat and flying for about an hour. The rest im guessing re loadouts etc

Edit - i use the cockpit clickable controls for the -110 so maybe that why i cant recall issues with bindings ets

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    78.06 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    That's not how .ini files work because you will still be flying from your own computer. They only dictate your inputs, not anybody else's. Think of them as a translation table between standard game controls and your hardware.

19. Likes ATAG_Noofy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    15.32 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Ezzie View Post
    I believe this was just taking over control once he left, sort-of when you give control back to the ai to man the gunner.

In the tiger moth, it should be possible for 2 human pilots to take control over the plane in a I go, then you go when the key command is given.

In theory, one spawns in the plane and the other jumps in just like you do with a gunner. The first spawner would then determine who is in control by using the command key.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    15.32 MB

Just confirmed my first duel flight with ATAG_Marlow in a Tiger Moth. I had jumped in one and was in the air when he jumped in. I hit the command and it was his plane. I could switch back and forth at will and it would give us control of the plane.

The switch may have a little hiccup in the process, but the flying part works great.

Thank you Marlow

Now DRock, get to training.
    Last edited by Torric270; Jan-03-2020 at 14:53.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    220.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Torric270 View Post
    Just confirmed my first duel flight with ATAG_Marlow in a Tiger Moth. I had jumped in one and was in the air when he jumped in. I hit the command and it was his plane. I could switch back and forth at will and it would give us control of the plane.

The switch may have a little hiccup in the process, but the flying part works great.

Thank you Marlow

Now DRock, getting to training.
    Can we get this for the BR.20 too?
    Co-Pilot is listed, but you cannot sit in it.

23. Likes Gingerbread liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    353.99 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Tibsun View Post
    Can we get this for the BR.20 too?
    Co-Pilot is listed, but you cannot sit in it.
    +1!

(Or at least drop him out with the bombs to make him useful... In Microprose's B17 the co-pilot read out speed and altitude values at least (and noticed engine overheating too). If we cannot man him, I could imagine a function like this to him.
    But it would be great to be able to man that position too! It would mean -besides training possibilities- better visibility from the cockpit and a backup position to fly the plane if the pilot is killed. I love to fly the Br20, but I always thought this co-pilot thing as a shortcoming.)