Thread: Clod Wishlist

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Clod Wishlist

Hi everyone.

This is a thread dedicated to needs, wants, ideas, concerns, etc etc about Cliffs of Dover for the future. Please understand that in no way does this imply any obligation whatsoever by Team Fusion to address, or even respond, to any post here. Team Fusion members are more than welcome to visit here as fellow ATAG forum members, so long as you feel no pressure or obligation to make reply to any post here. This is a "TF Neutral Area".

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Clod Wishlist

Great!

Would it be possible to make a sticky in the Team Fusion Public Discussion linking to this thread? Just so that people won't miss it

Cheers/m

3. Likes BlacKnight liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Great idea, Mattias. Done!
    Last edited by ATAG_Snapper; Feb-04-2013 at 19:07.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.91 MB

I hear-by christen this the Team Fusion Portal

Beam me up Snappie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

So I start, Knowing the limitations that TF work with and knowing that FM and lousy graphics are the most important bug fixes...

1. A fix to delay the instant icing in Cumulus clouds. I work as an airline pilot and i can tell you that picking up icing in summertime when quickly flying through an cumulus cloud is extereeeemely rare. I would like to be able to use the clouds in CLOD like we should be abelt to, for cover when needed.

2. if possible, have a look at the instant engine seizure when leaking oil or coolant. There are many report of people flying for quite a while while leaking oil. Clostermann crossed the channel from France back to England while leaking oil, although his engine was a glowing hot by the time he made it back to his base. Currently in game, if you get an oil leak, you might as well bail as your engine will quit after ca 2min. I do agree that it is better than what we had a few patches ago where you could fly forever with leaking oil and coolant, but now its the extreme in the other end. At least give us a chance to disengage combat and try to make it to the coastline... Maybe 5-10mins with oil leak?

Thanks guys for fixing CLOD to the best of your abilities!!

Best regards!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Engine sounds are being improved that is the biggest plus for me ...hope its real good
    ♫ FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, Evga 660 ti 3GB, Raptor 64mb, Planar 120Hz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    136.69 MB

Hi guys.

Someone mentioned the bombers gunner positions. We noticed a most serious bug, the gunner suddenly stop firing, if you aiming to a nearby aircraft. I have no clue why doing this, maybe this related to AI programming -just a thought- but very annoying, and ruin all human-bomber missions...
    I don't know the Blenheim, but Ju 87, Ju 88 and Me 110 affected.
    It would be superb if anyone take a time, and looking into it.

Novice Pilot 92 Sqn. Folmar (QJ-F)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I know its not the priority right now, but I would like to see the Spit's MK.Ib and IIb added when able. Thanks very much.
    Aut Pugna Aut Morere

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi there. Would it be possible to get the "use3renders=1" -function to CloD? Or if possible, maybe a freely definable function, where you could define your viewports, directions and FOV's freely? The Finns have put together two simulators shown below, currently running 1946 with UP. The rear projection screen is 3x90 degrees = 270 degrees total horizontal field of view.

The lack of devicelink and use3renders prevents us from using CloD. Now that devicelink is apparently coming, almost halfway there?

Cheers,

Camo
    President, Finnish Virtual Pilots Association

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Hi Camouflage, and welcome to the forum!

Wow, that is a a very cool setup in your attached pic!

Snapper

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

It would be great if sometime down the road you guys could bring back this feature. The shaking is very immersive, and the degree of, is related to winds aloft settings you make. but you already know that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iKXqXRQQik
    ♫ FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, Evga 660 ti 3GB, Raptor 64mb, Planar 120Hz

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Nice one, Camo!

Also, correct eyefinity 3 views rendering. And future support for Oculus Rift.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by JAMF View Post

Also, correct eyefinity 3 views rendering. And future support for Oculus Rift.

As well as NVIDIA surround (multi monitor) support to eliminate stretching please.
    ---o-0-o---

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

People have already covered most of what I would like to see also.

1. A fix to delay the instant icing in Cumulus clouds. I work as an airline pilot and i can tell you that picking up icing in summertime when quickly flying through an cumulus cloud is extereeeemely rare. I would like to
    be able to use the clouds in CLOD like we should be abelt to, for cover when needed.

Bf-110 w/ 2-500's literally drops from the sky with the unrealistic icing, its too much icing and to quick in build up.

1) Make it easier to operate the Ju-88 when bombing. No automatically closing bomb doors after each drop of a single bomb. Just a toggle switch to open and close the bomb bay doors manually.

This really screws me up when I am manually trying to hit 2 or 3 different targets on an airfield.

3) Ability to set two buttons to zoom in and out. The smooth zoom exists in game but stupidly needs you to hold a button and move your mouse up and down to zoom in and out.

4) Sim "remembering" your most recent choice of fuel load, just as it remembers your load-out, skin, squadron code, etc, etc choice.

This gets tedious after a while.

5) Gunner positions fixed. When you enter a gunner position you should immediately be in "shooting mode", with turret activating and looking-down-the-barrel view, aiming with your mouse. For the very few that just want
    to sight-see you can enable that option but only as a choice, by pressing a key. Simple operation of turret, so that it turns automatically when you push your gun barrel all the way to the side using simple mouse-to-aim
    control. Inverse the mouse operation so that you (logically) aim upwards when you move your mouse upwards.

Bf-110 FM/DM : The FM sounds like it got the attention it needed, DM down the road would be ok after more serious things are addressed/added. This will help counter rapid closure and the ease of pure/lag/lead pursuits vs 110 in initial sustained turns possibly.

Ju-88 FM: Also sounds like this got some attention, looking forward to it, the closure rates where just to high from rear aspect as the Ju-88a1 was far to slow.

The default Player aircraft AI gunner skill, hard coded into .exe unlike the AI aircraft gunners that can be changed, needs a rework. Not as good as IL-2 mind you but better than useless, vs player operated fighters that make bad attacks they should hit something, I should be able to do low G maneuvers and still have a gunner able to ping and enemy aircraft at least once, especially one that has slowed on my six matching speed.

Thanks for your work, even the initial work looks promising enough to bring more life back to Clod in the form of returning MP playerbase instead of cardiac arrest induced by 1c.

Cheers
    Last edited by Stigler; Feb-26-2013 at 21:20.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re implement full damage decals.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

1...I would like to see a sensitivity setting for trim axis now we only have dead-zones.
    2...I would like to see this delay removed when I go from normal view to gun sight view. I would say in RL most pilots leaned forward to the gun sight, in game if you're not using this view it seems to me like an advantage. Before you all flame me I have no stats or pilot accounts on how many pilots actually leaned forward to the gun sight when shooting. Its just a wish.
    Thanks for all your hard work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

S!

What about more bombers available to the British? Even the Luftwaffe carries bombs beneath the 109...And what about the 20mm version of the early Spitfire, it may have some of the problems as known, but again..I'm just chewed up by the cannonshells from the 109.
    Last edited by 322SQN_Dusty; Mar-17-2013 at 21:32.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    425.74 MB

Hello,

is it posible to make a programm for the AXES ?

Like Joy Control how for IL 2 Sturmovik ?

That was better for the Configuration of the AXES ?

From 0....10....20.....34.....53.......65.............. 100 ?

PLEASE.... Cause this it 1000 times better as this one in the Sim.

A little Wish from a little FlyerFighter......

Thanks a lot

Wolfskid

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.69 MB

The single biggest issue now that stability and FPS are much better would be the LOD system and specifically detection range and "dot" size. Any improvement to that would be a MAJOR accomplishment.
    MSI P67A-65D
    Intel i5 2500K @ 4.2 Gig
    8 Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600 RAM
    GTX 970 Video Card
    Win7 64 Bit Pro Ed
    NVidia 352.86 Driver Package
    WD Caviar 7600 RPM HDD

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Only one big wish from my site as I am eager to make a simpit for this lovley sim:

Please enable DeviceLink as output generally without the need to implement a skript for each mission. It should be the same system as e.g. in the DCS series.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by JG14_Jagr View Post
    The single biggest issue now that stability and FPS are much better would be the LOD system and specifically detection range and "dot" size. Any improvement to that would be a MAJOR accomplishment.
    Yep visibility of planes/dot and LOD working is the main game issue actually.

There is defnitly problem at ranges ab. 2-1km when planes suddenly could dissaperd.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Quote Originally Posted by LLv34_Camouflage View Post

Hahaha...My missus saw this and the first thing she said was...'I bet he's married'.....lol
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Just a thought...

Since the game came out I have loved the look of the interior cockpits...Realistic as if you could touch them...I also found that apparently the devs spent a year on each one...(which is more than the devs for the new sim are going to spend they tell us)...but one thing has always niggled me and that is the glass lens on the reflector sight of the spit..It doesn't look real and have the glow of a real piece of glass...In fact it is the only part about the cockpit for me that looks a bit cartoon like....I wonder why?...

Anyways I realise that to make any object 3 dimensional ingame you need an image taken from many angles and also the gunsight changes again when it is lit...So how difficult is it to change something like that ingame?

Here is the gunsight as it is ingame...

and here it is with a simple photo of a lens photoshoped into the same space...

Better....or worse?

you know sometimes I really wish I was intelligent enough to be a programmer...I have the time to make something like this....but wouldn't ever be able to put it into the game....lol

Anyways..as I said just a thought....
    Last edited by ATAG_Lewis; Jul-23-2013 at 13:30.
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    89.12 MB

Bullet HOLES

Hello everyone
    does anyone know if is it possible to show ALL the bullet holes our machineguns/cannons have on enemy planes.

I know I am not the first to say this (there are other threads about this issue I reckon) but I would like to know if someone finally found the way to make those bullet holes show properly on enemy planes.

Call me "manic", but one of the best thing I love about Clod, is to just look at the damage on planes and where exactly each bullet went through

I found out that changing the setting on the conf.ini files
    Decals = 2
    from 2 to 3, 4, 5 and indeed it seems that somehow when in 3 or 4 there are more bullet holes.

Strangely enough, on the second attempt to launch the game, this specific setting on conf.ini gets back to "2"...

Is it something like this on your next patch schedule? (including a proper sound for the Breda 12,7mm pleeeeeease!!)?

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

At the moment the Fiat Br20 can only perform medium/high level bombing. I think this is the main reason why it is so rare to meet one of them in the online skies. If we only could have delayed detonators for it like all the other bombers, we could make also low level, skip and shallow dive bombing, and we could enjoy more this nice plane.
    Something else, a little more difficult (but a few weeks ago I could never imagine to see submarines in CloD..). The Br20 bomb bay seems long enough to house one or two torpedoes....I know this is not historical, but as we can not have a SM79, and in foresight of a future Mediterranean scenario, this could be an exciting way to emulate the deeds of the famous italian torpedo bombers squadrons.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

I've noticed that CLoD Pilots (The ones we see in the cockpit as we taxi by) are very rude! They never look at you when you wave, nor due they turn their heads when they make turns taxying. Furthermore, wingmen in the finger four close formation are never looking at their leader... How do they maintain position when they never look at their leader?
    Is it possible to create a "Look Left - Head turns left," visual that is associated with the pilot's point of view from TrackIR or the keypad? It would set us apart from other sims as true English gentlemen!
    Last edited by Baffin; Sep-15-2013 at 11:20. Reason: grammar
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    100.64 MB

Westland Whirlwind

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Flyable AI planes, like defiant, wellington, Gladiator, sunderland

Ability to setup player-defined formations ..and a AI that holds formations (lufbery circle etc)

HH.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

What might be cool is the R variant of the Ju-87, which was essentially a long range B with the ability to take droptanks on its outer wings instead of bombs. And perhaps a few more bomb types to help diversify the selection of bombs. I know there are controls for the droptank function in the game but there are currently no aircraft that use them.

Oh, and something that would be REALLY nice - is there any way to have your bomb loadout appear in the plane preview screen so that you can make sure that you are carrying the correct type of bombs (or not) before you spawn in? The old Il-2 let you see which ordnance you were carrying, and that's a feature I've missed a lot for the various ground attack planes.

And another thing, would there be any way to activate navigation lights and landing lights? I think that night time or dawn/dusk maps would be more viable if we had the ability to use those. The landing lights are on all of the planes, but there doesn't appear to be a way to turn them on as far as I know.
    Last edited by CanvasKnight; Feb-07-2014 at 01:51.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Is there any intention to make changes so that it's possible to fly the Spitfire and Hurricane straight and level without having to hold the joystick to the left continuously (i.e. eliminate the right-rolling tendency)?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast