Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Clod Wishlist

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Clod Wishlist

Hi everyone.

This is a thread dedicated to needs, wants, ideas, concerns, etc etc about Cliffs of Dover for the future. Please understand that in no way does this imply any obligation whatsoever by Team Fusion to address, or even respond, to any post here. Team Fusion members are more than welcome to visit here as fellow ATAG forum members, so long as you feel no pressure or obligation to make reply to any post here. This is a "TF Neutral Area".

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Clod Wishlist

Great!

Would it be possible to make a sticky in the Team Fusion Public Discussion linking to this thread? Just so that people won't miss it

Cheers/m

3. Likes BlacKnight liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Great idea, Mattias. Done!
    Last edited by ATAG_Snapper; Feb-04-2013 at 19:07.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.91 MB

I hear-by christen this the Team Fusion Portal

Beam me up Snappie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

So I start, Knowing the limitations that TF work with and knowing that FM and lousy graphics are the most important bug fixes...

1. A fix to delay the instant icing in Cumulus clouds. I work as an airline pilot and i can tell you that picking up icing in summertime when quickly flying through an cumulus cloud is extereeeemely rare. I would like to be able to use the clouds in CLOD like we should be abelt to, for cover when needed.

2. if possible, have a look at the instant engine seizure when leaking oil or coolant. There are many report of people flying for quite a while while leaking oil. Clostermann crossed the channel from France back to England while leaking oil, although his engine was a glowing hot by the time he made it back to his base. Currently in game, if you get an oil leak, you might as well bail as your engine will quit after ca 2min. I do agree that it is better than what we had a few patches ago where you could fly forever with leaking oil and coolant, but now its the extreme in the other end. At least give us a chance to disengage combat and try to make it to the coastline... Maybe 5-10mins with oil leak?

Thanks guys for fixing CLOD to the best of your abilities!!

Best regards!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Engine sounds are being improved that is the biggest plus for me ...hope its real good
    ♫ FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, Evga 660 ti 3GB, Raptor 64mb, Planar 120Hz

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    463.16 MB

Whether the weather is cold or whether the weather is hot, we'll weather the weather whatever the weather whether we like it or not.

I'd love one day to see proper weather, rain showers, layers of clouds. But this is perhaps beyond what is possible. Clouds that could be tactically useful may be within reach though and if so I would like to see much more of them, especially when flying a bomber.

It's just great to be discussing possible improvements to this great game again!

Septic.
    [CENTER][CENTER] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

9. Likes ATAG_Highseas, BlacKnight liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Tempory Flyable British Bomber in the form of the BR 20 with British skins. Major Setback made a skin of it for me on 1C and has granted me permission to be able to use it in the community patch. So my idea is to use the skin and rename it to a similar British bomber and make it use British bombs since I believe that you guys somehow added new weapons to aircraft.

Best wishes,
    Eagle

Supporting Member 92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Nice idea snapper. I suspect some of these might already be in progress, but here is my list of WISHES:

• Historical FMs - I'm not asking for "balanced" FMs.
    • more realistic engine repsonse in summer rain clouds
    • weather (rain, overcast, fog etc..)
    • structure/G limits, particular attention to be paid when bombs are slung and/or when gear and flaps are extended
    • aircraft performance readme!
    • non see-through clouds
    • multiplayer game-mission performance that allows for more/larger AI bombing raids without caning people's systems
    • reconsideration of the accuracy of how minegeschoss is modeled
    • collision with trees, or at least with the center of a tree results in damage
    • ability to de-commission airfield or runway through bombing
    • Full Hyperlobby integration or a similar in-game lobby system where players can meet-up and chat outside of the servers (HT to the_oddball for this one)

Here would be a list of things I care less about (at this point):
    • Skins - cosmetics are a low priority for me until FMs and DMs are fixed
    • new aircraft - not necessary until existing bunch is sorted
    • new maps / theaters - not necessary until existing are fixed
    • sounds - a low priority at the moment - no point sounding good if everything else is junk
    Last edited by 92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P); Feb-05-2013 at 10:20.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

Quote Originally Posted by pstyle View Post

Here would be a list of things I care less about (at this point):
    • Skins - cosmetics are a low priority for me until FMs and DMs are fixed
    • new aircraft - not necessary until existing bunch is sorted
    • new maps / theaters - not necessary until existing are fixed
    • sounds - a low priority at the moment - no point sounding good if everything else is junk
    +1

I agree, im sure TF knows exactly what they are doing! FMs are the most needed fixes and Im sure they have the best FM modders there are! Many of them come from il21946 and they have done a great job!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hello and first of all, good luck to TF and everyone whit the project

-Coop Gui or Something similar, i hope we dont care about the appareance, in my opinion a coop mode or similar like the old 46 would do the Clan missions more easy to set up and etc
    - Fixing the wpm availibe, as you know this error is like you are not in range of the aircraft, i hope whit the new patch, the range is set to unlimited and we can jump in other planes when we like it

Thanks and the best of luck for you!
    http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3446/109forcorleone.jpg

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

The thing i would love to see most of all is a VERY large and active online community i remember logging into to HL and seeing 1000+ players online

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by thee_oddball View Post
    The thing i would love to see most of all is a VERY large and active online community i remember logging into to HL and seeing 1000+ players online
    one thing CloD lacks is people using hyperlobby or similar tool. There are often many players online who are not in-game, but there is no place to meet and chat like we could in hyperlobby.

I think the absence of such a system is detrimental to the game. I will add this to my wish list!

although I would add that ATAG forum stats indicate there were 319 different people on here (just the forums for this one site) alone in the past 24 hours. It also suggests there are over 1,000 members of this forum. I could easily count at least 10 different squads with between 5 and 10 active pilots. There's probably double that number....

So, this game, and this community is far from dead.
    Last edited by 92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P); Feb-05-2013 at 10:28.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    87.91 MB

Dear Santa
    I would like to drive beautiful cars, shooting aircrafts with my 20mm, conquer an airfield with my tank with the protection of my friends flying... across France by train with my 88mm sweeping cities...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Coop Gui.

I've seen this request over and over since the beginnings of time (CLOD time that is) and I can't understand what the request is all about.

What can you do in 1946 that you can't do in CLOD? I mean, do you want to spawn at the same time with 10 friends? Connect to the server, say 1,2,3 go on chat and click on "Create plane" on the same airfield.

Want the mission to start when you are ready? coordinate the 1,2,3 go with whom is running the server for him to start the mission.

I'm seriously asking here and in no way criticizing or attacking any one.

Can some one explain in a clear, straightforward way what does the coop GUI is supposed to do that can't be currently done?

Thanks,
    ATAG_Colander.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
    Coop Gui.

I've seen this request over and over since the beginnings of time (CLOD time that is) and I can't understand what the request is all about.

What can you do in 1946 that you can't do in CLOD? I mean, do you want to spawn at the same time with 10 friends? Connect to the server, say 1,2,3 go on chat and click on "Create plane" on the same airfield.

Want the mission to start when you are ready? coordinate the 1,2,3 go with whom is running the server for him to start the mission.

I'm seriously asking here and in no way criticizing or attacking any one.

Can some one explain in a clear, straightforward way what does the coop GUI is supposed to do that can't be currently done?

Thanks,
    ATAG_Colander.
    hello colander, i think you have good reasons, but i dont say old style, i was saying something like it, like you say, no need to coordinate, whit a menu like the selection and the aircraft creating at the sime time or something like this. a list can appear at the rigth side etc, this would be good if you cannot communicate whit your friends or if they are players you dont know, tihis would be good if its ported to a plataform or increased in hyperlobby, also this is a suggest and as is it now it can be played perfectly, you guys are doing a great work, and ideas like mine are nothing to compare to yours, i was like only to help and have my opinion

Edit: but as you said, you can do it now and i dont wanna be creating problems guys, you are doing a excelent work, and i hope the best for you, so good luck and just sorry for repeated that
    Last edited by il_corleone; Feb-05-2013 at 12:37.
    http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3446/109forcorleone.jpg

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

fix the payloads options for singleplayer

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

1) Make it easier to operate the Ju-88 when bombing. No automatically closing bomb doors after each drop of a single bomb. Just a toggle switch to open and close the bomb bay doors manually.

2) Selectable tool tips for the in-cockpit cursor. Would be nice to be able to choose whether you want to see the tooltips or not.

3) Ability to set two buttons to zoom in and out. The smooth zoom exists in game but stupidly needs you to hold a button and move your mouse up and down to zoom in and out.

4) Sim "remembering" your most recent choice of fuel load, just as it remembers your load-out, skin, squadron code, etc, etc choice.

5) Gunner positions fixed. When you enter a gunner position you should immediately be in "shooting mode", with turret activating and looking-down-the-barrel view, aiming with your mouse. For the very few that just want to sight-see you can enable that option but only as a choice, by pressing a key. Simple operation of turret, so that it turns automatically when you push your gun barrel all the way to the side using simple mouse-to-aim control. Inverse the mouse operation so that you (logically) aim upwards when you move your mouse upwards.

Combat pilot 92 Cdt. Kiwikillemoff (QJ-Z)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Oersted View Post
    1) Make it easier to operate the Ju-88 when bombing. No automatically closing bomb doors after each drop of a single bomb. Just a toggle switch to open and close the bomb bay doors manually.

2) Selectable tool tips for the in-cockpit cursor. Would be nice to be able to choose whether you want to see the tooltips or not.

3) Ability to set two buttons to zoom in and out. The smooth zoom exists in game but stupidly needs you to hold a button and move your mouse up and down to zoom in and out.

4) Sim "remembering" your most recent choice of fuel load, just as it remembers your load-out, skin, squadron code, etc, etc choice.

5) Gunner positions fixed. When you enter a gunner position you should immediately be in "shooting mode", with turret activating and looking-down-the-barrel view, aiming with your mouse. For the very few that just want to sight-see you can enable that option but only as a choice, by pressing a key. Simple operation of turret, so that it turns automatically when you push your gun barrel all the way to the side using simple mouse-to-aim control. Inverse the mouse operation so that you (logically) aim upwards when you move your mouse upwards.
    Hi Oersted, Just curious about your zoom in an out wish.

I have mapped a zoom in and out on my joystick, plus the 'aim' or loosen harness so to lean into the gun sight. Im at work at the moment but I can look at my control settings when I get home, and let you know. I have seen other people post in the past wanting this function. Maybe what you want is different?

Kiwi

PM me if your interested
    Last edited by 92 Cdt. Kiwikillemoff (QJ-Z); Feb-05-2013 at 23:50.
    Who said Kiwi's can't fly?

Win7, 64bit Home Premium - Mobo: Gigabyte P37 X-UD3-B3 - Chipset: Intel i5-2500 CPU@3.30GHz - RAM: 8Gb Kingston DDR3 1600 - Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 560ti 1Gb GDDR5/256bit - HD: Samsung SSD 840 Series 250Gb
    Monitor: Acer P246HL - TrackIR 5 - Logitech G940

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

A good look at the damage models would be good. Concrete Spits and easy kill Sunderlands are a bit of an immersion killer.

Banned
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpSpZ2Q17Fc
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by pstyle View Post
    one thing CloD lacks is people using hyperlobby or similar tool. There are often many players online who are not in-game, but there is no place to meet and chat like we could in hyperlobby.
    This is actually possible in steam.

All you have to do is create a group or the game page. Then when people join that group/game page you can see who is and isn't online and even enter in to group chat. Or you can private chat with anyone you want.

I suspect that a lot of CLOD players are unaware of the features present in steam. I can't think of anything that hyperlobby offers that steam doesn't have, and steam offers much more robust community feature then hyperlobby ever did.

But maybe ATAG/TF should have an official steam group?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

So, this is France.

Banned
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpSpZ2Q17Fc
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by MadMacs View Post
    Yeah, I know about the ATAG group.

But having an official group for the mod might be a good idea. If we encourage everyone who downloads the mod to join the mod steam group then you can have the active group chat that people seem to want.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by LizLemon View Post
    Yeah, I know about the ATAG group.

But having an official group for the mod might be a good idea. If we encourage everyone who downloads the mod to join the mod steam group then you can have the active group chat that people seem to want.
    Sorry, I misunderstood. That is a good idea, though!
    So, this is France.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by kiwikillemoff View Post

I have mapped a zoom in and out on my joystick, plus the 'aim' or loosen harness so to lean into the gun sight. Im at work at the moment but I can look at my control settings when I get home, and let you know. I have seen other people post in the past wanting this function. Maybe what you want is different?

Kiwi

PM me if your interested
    Hi Kiwi,

I think it should be possible to zoom in and out without programming macros for your joystick. Is that what you mean by "mapping"? I have a simple joystick that I don't think can be programmed.

Also, importantly, I am talking about smooth zooming in and out, not toggling the three views that can indeed be set in-game. I use the smooth zoom all the time, as you can see in my movies.

If you know of a simple way of assigning a key or joystick button to "smooth zoom out" (or in) I'd be very interested in knowing about it, because I haven't found that myself!

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    463.16 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Oersted View Post
    Hi Kiwi,

I think it should be possible to zoom in and out without programming macros for your joystick. Is that what you mean by "mapping"? I have a simple joystick that I don't think can be programmed.

Also, importantly, I am talking about smooth zooming in and out, not toggling the three views that can indeed be set in-game. I use the smooth zoom all the time, as you can see in my movies.

If you know of a simple way of assigning a key or joystick button to "smooth zoom out" (or in) I'd be very interested in knowing about it, because I haven't found that myself!
    You can probably use JoyToKey to programe your joystick. You can assign keys (or buttons) to mouse X and Y and the zoom modifier. I have Thrustmaster Target and JoyToKey still does a better job of managing the zoom for me.

http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key...%20Version.htm

Cheers,

Septic.
    [CENTER][CENTER] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by kiwikillemoff View Post

Kiwi

PM me if your interested
    Kia'ora Kiwi, you are right the dynamic zoom can be mapped to a slider (i..e on a joystick). However, for those without sliders, or without any free (unassigned) sliders it would be good to have the dynamic zoom mappable [new word?] to keyboard buttons (which I understand is not currently possible).

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    136.69 MB

Hi guys.

Someone mentioned the bombers gunner positions. We noticed a most serious bug, the gunner suddenly stop firing, if you aiming to a nearby aircraft. I have no clue why doing this, maybe this related to AI programming -just a thought- but very annoying, and ruin all human-bomber missions...
    I don't know the Blenheim, but Ju 87, Ju 88 and Me 110 affected.
    It would be superb if anyone take a time, and looking into it.

Novice Pilot 92 Sqn. Folmar (QJ-F)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I know its not the priority right now, but I would like to see the Spit's MK.Ib and IIb added when able. Thanks very much.
    Aut Pugna Aut Morere

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi there. Would it be possible to get the "use3renders=1" -function to CloD? Or if possible, maybe a freely definable function, where you could define your viewports, directions and FOV's freely? The Finns have put together two simulators shown below, currently running 1946 with UP. The rear projection screen is 3x90 degrees = 270 degrees total horizontal field of view.

The lack of devicelink and use3renders prevents us from using CloD. Now that devicelink is apparently coming, almost halfway there?

Cheers,

Camo
    President, Finnish Virtual Pilots Association

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast