Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Clod Wishlist

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    10.66 MB

Re: Clod Wishlist

As a new CLOD player who got back into flight sims last year, here's my wishlist for the new updates to the source code and graphics engine:

1. Native multi gpu support with out having to force in NCP or Inspector utility
    2. Better utilization of modern multicore CPU's
    3. A more user friendly way to save controller settings if you have to reinstall the game or physically move usb connections
    4. Native Occulus Rift/Vive support
    5. Fixing the bugs/stutters while flying at low altitude when trees/grass/buildings render
    -no matter what I do in Inspector, BIOS, or the in-game settings there is always a stutter even at 1080p low settings
    6. More in depth intro tutorials and training missions for new players besides unofficial Youtube videos
    7. A more user friendly mission builder and mission customization options from the start menus
    8. An overall plug and play user friendly installation experience

I have about 62 hours logged now on Hurricanes and Spitfires per Steam. I think at least 20 hours of that has been dealing with the above issues, which doesn't include the time to download and install/reinstall the TF mods. The learning curve for people new to flight sims and less computer savvy than I is already steep enough. The above issues are a big turn off for a lot of potential players. Even though I can go on DCS and fly Spitfires and 109s now, it's not the same as intercepting bombers over Dover and chasing them back across the Channel. Cheers to the TF guys for all the work they've done, but I'd be more than willing to pay $$ to fix the above issues and buy new planes/theaters.

Sn8ke_iis
    Asus ROG STRIX Z270I MoBo, Intel 7700K CPU @ 5.0 GHz, Nvidia Titan Xp GPU @ 2.1 GHz , EK Liquid Cooling, Gskill 16 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz RAM, Samsung 950 M.2 512 GB NVMe SSD, LG 65UH6030 4K 60 Hz panel, Sennheiser PC 363D headphones, TrackIR 5 w/Trackclip Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek: Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant, Combat Flight Pedals, Trim Wheel, Playseat Air Force Flightseat

2. Likes Hazzer39 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.51 GB

I would like to see the map extended further west and north.

The BoB, wasn't just about the SE of England.

Best regards,
    Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

4. Likes Cybermat47 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post

Best regards,
    Mike.
    Be really nice to go to Cornwall on my virtual holiday in the Heartbreaker.

Haha !

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

6. Likes Hurricane liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.51 GB

Cool Re: Clod Wishlist

Make it a real trip Seas and hope to come as far as SW Wales on your virtual tour.

Best regards,
    Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    180.32 MB

I'd like to see a night fighter version someday, With the 110s & 88s modeled with real rear seat radar sets and the controls and displays to work them. These early airborne radars apparently saw service in 1942.
    http://www.cdvandt.org/Lichtenstein%20radars.pdf

9. Likes Cybermat47 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post

Best regards,
    Mike.
    Not sure, the 109 Jockeys would like this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.51 GB

Talking Re: Clod Wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by DerDa View Post
    Not sure, the 109 Jockeys would like this.
    Make them sweat DerDa and watch that fuel gauge a bit more closely.

Best regards,
    Mike.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Its a simple wish!
    The Wooden Wonder! Yes the de Havilland DH.98 Mosquito, will we ever see one in CLOD?

13. Likes Marco liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.95 MB

The Mosquito might just be what will make me consider seriously flying those Red planes... would be so nice...

Something I would like that may be more achievable would be more variability to coolant leaks. Already we have fuel tank leaks that range from teeny to massive, but having that little bit of uncertainty when your oil tank is perforated, whether your engine would last 10 seconds or 10 minutes, would be sweet.

"Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance. Surprise is key."

~ AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz (OC to 4GHz) ~ 8GB RAM ~ ASUS GTX1050Ti Phoenix 4GB ~
    T.16000M ~ TWCS Throttle ~ TFRP Pedals ~ DIY IR Headtracker

15. Likes ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    266.14 MB

Yep would be great to get the 'Mossie' one day.

But hey, just wait till we get the Beaufighter. We can practice with the 'Beau' until the Mosquito gets here.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    62.82 MB

Promote multiple screens ,

Give the game the ability to set the FOV offset angles for each monitor. IE. Left monitor at 45 deg, Center 0 degree, and Right monitor at -45 degree. To fix the texture stretching/weird sizing on the side screens caused by thinking it is one giant screen.

I don't know of any sim game that can do this.. so it can be a unique feature.....

3 screens resized.jpg
    Last edited by gonk; Dec-24-2017 at 03:17.

18. Likes ATAG_kiwiflieger, SirAthlon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    123.10 MB

Same as Oersted said [ Selectable tool tips for the in-cockpit cursor. Would be nice to be able to choose whether you want to see the tooltips or not.] Other than that pretty dam good as is .

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Man-able radar (old-school A-scan, not a PPI graphic). In-game head movement that follows TrackIR. Rain (with ground effect). Sweet Merlin sounds. Blue exhaust flames (so the mechanic can enjoy his tea).

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by buster_dee View Post
    Man-able radar (old-school A-scan, not a PPI graphic)
    ATAG had that up to 4.5 release and NO ONE used it.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I guess I should feel shame for liking radar, night fighting, crew teamwork--you know, WW2 stuff. If you yell someone out of the room long enough, they won't have to matter. Good tactic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

I guess I should feel shame for liking radar, night fighting, crew teamwork--you know, WW2 stuff. If you yell someone out of the room long enough, they won't have to matter. Good tactic.
    Uh?
    You where asking for a proper radar, I said ATAG had one but it wasn't used by anyone. In other words, TFS adding a radar to the game will be a waste of time (I know because I obviously wasted my time making ATAG's) since no one will use it.
    This is independent of weather you like radars, night flying etc.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

...waste of time. Got it. I can wait another 20 (well, 10 anyway).

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

...waste of time. Got it. I can wait another 20 (well, 10 anyway).
    Did you use it before when you had it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Bummer! I just saw Colander's postings about this last week and was trying to figure out how to fire it up.

That said I'd much rather that TFS works on more mainstream things 5.0 related.

BTW has the Lorenz landing system also fallen by the wayside? I've spent hours trying to get a flash from the inner and outer stations.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Kling View Post
    Did you use it before when you had it?
    I play off line or with friends, not in ATAG server (too old and slow). So, I don't know in what way it was implemented and can't do it justice. I also don't know if it was a night scenario--the whole point of those radars (in daytime, the Mk 8 eyeball was better than these early metric sets). The Beau has the NF trappings in part due to me, though I take no credit for the finished product (not in Kashide's league). My Wursburgs (Giant and Junior) in 46 never saw the light of day (except for in the bf-110 video). Obviously, my interest is not trivial though, as pointed out, adds up to 1 (2 if you count the other poster). It was just a wish. I'm not demanding it. Can we leave it at that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    205.55 MB

I know this would be a lot of work, but I would love to see Wellingtons as flyable RAF aircraft in-game. I love flying Blenheims, but they are severely outclassed by Ju-88s and Br.20s!

29. Likes ATAG_Laser liked this post
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Hi Creep,

If all goes well and with a 'good tail' wind we should be getting flyable Wellingtons on TFS 5.0.

The Blennie is better now with its extra bomb load, but like you I am looking forward to getting my hands on a 'Wimpy'.

o7
    "A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

31. Likes ATAG_Laser, QB.Creep, Gingerbread liked this post
    Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

I would like to see vehicles of all types being able to use, and stay on, the roads and bridges. This would make it possible to create rhubarb and rodeo missions for 1941 scenarios. Wouldn't it be a gas to seek out and hit moving targets all over Northern France while avoiding the odd flack emplacement?
    I find myself jonesing for good old fashioned, il46 style ground attack missions. Does anybody else?

33. Likes ATAG_Ribbs, ATAG_Soldat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
    Uh?
    You where asking for a proper radar, I said ATAG had one but it wasn't used by anyone. In other words, TFS adding a radar to the game will be a waste of time (I know because I obviously wasted my time making ATAG's) since no one will use it.
    This is independent of weather you like radars, night flying etc.
    Problem with ATAG Radar is that end a very difficult thing to use. I try.

In RL you have a person watching Radar screen that by pressing a button send the target Radar position for the "Time Machine" calculate the altitude, distance, speed parameters, other persons send this for Fighter Command, who send instructions for Controllers send to Squadrons. The Radar screen has way to differentiate Friendly from Foe (fighters IFF)

In game a player need do all this work, including determine what dot contact on Radar scope are friendly and what are foe.

End like other CloD good ideas - but with not so good in game implementation.

35. Likes ATAG_Soldat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Quote Originally Posted by =FI=Murph View Post
    I would like to see vehicles of all types being able to use, and stay on, the roads and bridges. This would make it possible to create rhubarb and rodeo missions for 1941 scenarios. Wouldn't it be a gas to seek out and hit moving targets all over Northern France while avoiding the odd flack emplacement?
    I find myself jonesing for good old fashioned, il46 style ground attack missions. Does anybody else?

I would love to see this, and feel it would add so much more immersion to the game. Other than ships and trains..nothing else moves, that's a target. I'm really hoping 5.0 will have tank colums rolling across the desert advancing on the next town or stronghold. Might be easier since there won't be hardly any trees/ rivers/bridges to cross. Fingers crossed
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

37. Likes ATAG_Soldat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    598.45 MB

For me a simple key mapping for the Compass in the Spit and Hurricane.
    Something like calling up the map as an overlay a looking at like the dashboard key function.
    I've sat in a Spitfire cockpit and it it simple to access. In game, is another story.
    By the time I maneuver my head like an Egyptian Cobra, the tracker has stopped tracking and I find myself in a vertigo-like spin.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    143.61 MB

This is a WISH list, yeah? So.... I'd like to take off from Scampton in a 617 squadron Lancaster, and make my way to a certain little pond deep in a German valley, drop a bouncy thing in the water, and bugger off back home....

Doubt it's likely to happen as 4 engine bombers seem to be an issue to simulate. The possibilities for you online guys could be endless though, especially if Mosquitos with pathfinder flares were also added...

On a smaller scale - flying the JU88 (pretty sure it was that plane, the standard quick mission to bomb the London docks) in SP is a bit distracting, due to the fact the AI gunner sitting next to me appears to be eating an invisible sandwich, while his gun jerks erratically all over the place.

And has been previously noted, the grass texture pop-in is rather odd when taxing around the place.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    62.82 MB

1: Ability to toggle through Dash pics in game. I love the dash pic and use it for Limits/wing sizes, but I am limited to one which I cannot quite make it suit all the aircraft I fly... which is all of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.61 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
    ATAG had that up to 4.5 release and NO ONE used it.
    Wait, really?!

This makes those nightfighter missions I’m hoping to make so much easier... how do I get it working?
    Author of the Their Finest Hour, Their Greatest Challenge, Desert Hawks, Eagles over Tobruk, On Ne Passe Pas!, and Rising from the Ashes campaigns for Cliffs of Dover Blitz and Desert Wings - Tobruk.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    195.95 MB

Thanks.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast