take it you didnt try the TWC campaign that just completed then

2. Likes TWC_Fatal_Error liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.56 GB

Re: Clod Wishlist - SPEEDBAR

Once again i tried Cliffs, and Tobruk.

And again I am really disappointed that there's stll no speedbar, even not the 3 indicators for altitude, airspeed and compass, as so nicely implemented in Rise of Flight.
    I know a lot of players don't want it, bit at least in IL2 you can switch it off.

Especially on take off and landing it's a real miss, and makes Cliffs almost unplayable for me. My eyes are not that good to select the particular ones on a cockpit dash.
    It more or less forces me to stick to IL2 and RoF even for now ...

4. Likes 56RAF_stickz, Pinguim liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    634.51 MB

[QUOTE=jackd;372348] "Once again i tried Cliffs, and Tobruk.
    And again I am really disappointed that there's stll no speedbar, even not the 3 indicators for altitude, airspeed and compass."

I also wear glasses, I understand your frustration but without speedbar and compass you approach as a flight experience how the pilots felt in reality. The great advantage over those who flew in reality is that if you "die" in the game you can give a you start over and after a while you learn. Personally I think there are enough helpful elements in this game and the speedbar is not necessary.
    Easy takeoffs and landings
    First come ,last left
    My rig : Win 10 pro 64 bit; Mb Gigabyte B560M AORUS PRO ,I5 11400F @4,2GHz,gc,GIGABYTE RTX 3070 TI 8 Gb,32 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR4 ,SSD Transcend 240 Gb, Gigabyte G32QC ,VKB Gladiator Pro,MMJOY2 home made pedals and gas , TrackIR 5. Steam ID: YR-DAN

6. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Hi jacked........sorry to hear you are having problems with Cliffs.

I have to start by saying that I am one of those that would not want to see a speed bar in game. I much prefer the environment to be as close to the real thing as possible but I do understand that that might cause some difficulties for those who find the in cockpit dials too small to read.

I, too, wear glasses and am 64 years of age. Sometimes, I use the zoom feature to get closer to cockpit dials but mostly I know the dials so well that a mere glance allows me to 'guess' the reading. When landing, I only use the dials to guage when to put gear and flaps down: 160mph for undercarriage and 140 for flaps. When actually landing I do not refer to any dials at all. My head is constantly outside the cockpit, judging rate of descent, forward speed and power required to hit the threshold at the right attitude. I do this mostly 'by feel.' If I was to look at cockpit dials during this crucial part of landing I would be completely disorientated.

I wonder if this is how most people land their aircraft? It maybe that you can do this, too, with a little more practice. It might be worth a try because I have flown RoF and Il2 and, for my money, they don't hold candle to Cliffs. I hope you find a solution to your problem. Good luck and......salute!

8. Likes DerDa, MrSteven, ATAG_Bubba, BlacKnight liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Marlow View Post
    When actually landing I do not refer to any dials at all. My head is constantly outside the cockpit, judging rate of descent, forward speed and power required to hit the threshold at the right attitude. I do this mostly 'by feel.' If I was to look at cockpit dials during this crucial part of landing I would be completely disorientated.
    Absolutely!
    That is the wonderful thing with CloD: you feel the aircraft, its weight and you feel the speed.
    That's why I found landing much easier in Clod than in Il2 1946.

Very often I have my instruments (and other spare parts, such as engine or controlsurfaces) damaged and sometimes these are the best landings of all, because you realy concentrate on how your aircraft feels.

10. Likes ATAG_Marlow, ATAG_Bubba liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    818.69 MB

Re: Clod Wishlist

You can try the Virtual Cockpit. I have a cheap gov't surplus monitor that sits just below my TV works great for me with my terrible eyesight
    Download here
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...downloadid=188
    There's something good waitin' down this road
    I'm pickin' up whatever's mine.
    "Tom Petty...Runnin' Down A Dream...Full Moon Fever"

12. Likes ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    21.76 MB

As someone who has been plagued with rapidly deteriorating eyesight since late teens ie now over 50years, I think too many people consider its easy to just zoom in and glance down and read an instrument, just because their eyesight is no longer good but they can do it ok therefore someone else can.
    I have seen short sighted (no pun) comments from VR that anyone can use it - no they cant - this is same issue.
    I am lucky, I can usually read the instruments and do not use a hud in any sim - but there are a lot of others out there who cant. There are a myriad of different eye diseases/conditions. There are times when I cant fly it or have to patch one eye to get reasonable vision. I can fly it by feel as others - but a lot will have learnt the feel from being able to read the instruments to start with.
    I see comments re its real life experience no HUD - no it is not - we simply would not get a flying license.
    How many do not use the % scales - this is no different?
    He is not asking to fly multiplayer - although lets face it we have server with icons and map icons as well plus external views. They need sales, giving the option to use HUD to those who want it/need it especially off line should be possible just to not exclude these.
    Last edited by 56RAF_stickz; Apr-06-2021 at 16:20.

14. Likes DerDa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Last edited by ATAG_Highseas; Apr-06-2021 at 17:52.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    92.30 MB

Some minor conveniences that would be nice...

More granular control over zoom/fov
    Like being able to set a custom default fov and also be able to bind keys to different degrees rather than just 30, 70, 90
    Even just adding 50 degrees to whats there now would be great

Canopy default to open on spawn

Gunsight reticle setting saved per aircraft that have adjustable

On choose aircraft screen - show the aircraft in a dropdown or list box without loading the 3d model or images to save slow loading(a view button if someone wants to see the skin)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.83 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    Some minor conveniences that would be nice...

More granular control over zoom/fov
    Like being able to set a custom default fov and also be able to bind keys to different degrees rather than just 30, 70, 90
    Even just adding 50 degrees to whats there now would be great

Canopy default to open on spawn

Gunsight reticle setting saved per aircraft that have adjustable

On choose aircraft screen - show the aircraft in a dropdown or list box without loading the 3d model or images to save slow loading(a view button if someone wants to see the skin)
    Rusty, try FOV+ and FOV- in the controls, camera settings. I believe you can change the zoom rate in one of the ini files.

I agree that the gunsight settings would be nice to save.

19. Likes Little Bill liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I do agree that it is better than what we had a few patches ago where you could fly forever with leaking oil and coolant, but now its the extreme in the other end. At least give us a chance to disengage combat and try to make it to the coastline... spice money login myfiosgateway
    Last edited by nbaever3; Nov-16-2021 at 09:07.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    24.74 MB

S!

An option to remove the pretty much useless and view blocking front cockpit machine gun in the Ju-88A. Would not make any significant change in the performance of the aircraft, but could see the gauges better and poor Hans could focus on bombing and other tasks This seems to be a quite popular field modification. For example Finnish 88´s had it removed in the A-4 model we used. Finns also removed the dive brakes as plane was used at max 45deg dive attacks. Improved drag and less weight. Just my .02€
    Rig for gaming...

Intel i5 10600K 4.1GHz CPU, MSI Z490-A Pro mobo, 32Gb DDR4 @ 3200MHz, AMD Radeon 6700XT 12Gb, Samsung/WD SSD for OS/Games, TMWH throttle, Virpil WarBRD base + MongoosT grip, MFG CrossWind, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Flanker35M View Post
    S!

An option to remove the pretty much useless and view blocking front cockpit machine gun in the Ju-88A. Would not make any significant change in the performance of the aircraft, but could see the gauges better and poor Hans could focus on bombing and other tasks This seems to be a quite popular field modification. For example Finnish 88´s had it removed in the A-4 model we used. Finns also removed the dive brakes as plane was used at max 45deg dive attacks. Improved drag and less weight. Just my .02€
    You can easily remove it when setting up your loadout.
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

23. Likes major_setback, Flanker35M liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    460.85 MB

Good day!

I wonder if it ever would be possible to change two things:

1. Able to temporarily set aside the machinegun in the Junkers Ju 88 nose. That would be in the meaning of to improve the sight. In real life man can move his head. In this simulator one cannot do that at least in this particular case as far as I have realized.

2. Would it be possible to have the land objects being drawn little earlier that what they are now? That at least in the bombsight-view if not anywhere else.

That is all... for now.

You are doing marvelous job and let us all do what we can to keep up the good game!

Cheerio
    Always at your service....and always in your crosshairs,
    I remain
    ATAG_Walstein

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Flanker35M View Post
    S!

You can either remove it at loadout as Kendy says, or jump into the frontgunner position, move the gun to point down and left, then return to the pilot seat by hitting ALT-F2 (if I remember correctly) to release the gun from the AI and avoid the AI to reposition the gun.

When pointed like that, you have a very clear vision on the instruments.

I used to do the first option, then switched to the second option after regretting not having a front gunner when attacked on the way back home a few times…
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

26. Likes Flanker35M liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    98.49 MB

add telemetry, so we can setup a nice and bumpy cockpit using bass shakers
    PC: MSI 1080ti Sea Hawk | Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 7 | Intel i5 6600k @4.2gz | Noctua dh-14 |Thermaltake Versa N21 | 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX ddr4 | Thermaltake tr2 rx 850w | 960evo NVMe SSD 250gb| 2 x 34` LG 34um67 | HyperX Cloud Stinger | Razer Deathadder v2| Trackir 4 | Microsoft ForceFeedback 2 | Ttesports Challenger keyboard |Windows 10 Enterprise x64 |

VR: REVERB g2 2160x2160 per eye
    Nvidia driver version: 536.23

28. Likes BlacKnight liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Lorena View Post
    add telemetry, so we can setup a nice and bumpy cockpit using bass shakers
    This is already available. Check out the Visual Cockpit here: https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...downloadid=188

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    98.49 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Oskar View Post
    This is already available. Check out the Visual Cockpit here: https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...downloadid=188
    i meant the sound telemetry, not instruments

in il2 sturmovik is available
    https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic...-with-answers/
    Last edited by Lorena; Feb-11-2022 at 13:29.
    PC: MSI 1080ti Sea Hawk | Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 7 | Intel i5 6600k @4.2gz | Noctua dh-14 |Thermaltake Versa N21 | 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX ddr4 | Thermaltake tr2 rx 850w | 960evo NVMe SSD 250gb| 2 x 34` LG 34um67 | HyperX Cloud Stinger | Razer Deathadder v2| Trackir 4 | Microsoft ForceFeedback 2 | Ttesports Challenger keyboard |Windows 10 Enterprise x64 |

VR: REVERB g2 2160x2160 per eye
    Nvidia driver version: 536.23

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Lorena View Post
    i meant the sound telemetry, not instruments

in il2 sturmovik is available
    https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic...-with-answers/
    I don't see anywhere that they have integration libraries or information how to integrate their product with other sims. Perhaps they don't want to allow every game to integrate with their software.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.91 MB

I agree,

I think the developer needs to add support for Cliffs to the SimShaker Wings module and then it reads the relevant data from the game (through an interface which would be provided by TFS) but provides its own low frequency sounds to power the vibrations.

There seems to be a way to make the JetSeat vibe cushion work for 1946/CloD.

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
    I don't see anywhere that they have integration libraries or information how to integrate their product with other sims. Perhaps they don't want to allow every game to integrate with their software.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.31 MB

Quote Originally Posted by jackd View Post
    Once again i tried Cliffs, and Tobruk.

And again I am really disappointed that there's stll no speedbar, even not the 3 indicators for altitude, airspeed and compass, as so nicely implemented in Rise of Flight.
    I know a lot of players don't want it, bit at least in IL2 you can switch it off.

Especially on take off and landing it's a real miss, and makes Cliffs almost unplayable for me. My eyes are not that good to select the particular ones on a cockpit dash.
    It more or less forces me to stick to IL2 and RoF even for now ...
    Virtual Cockpit! is your answer...

34. Likes arvigna liked this post
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617