Thread: Resolved: IL-2 CloD "Blitz" Crash-report

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Resolved: IL-2 CloD "Blitz" Crash-report

Error1.pngError2.png

Hello Guys!

After a while of abstinence I tried to get into IL-2 CloD "Blitz" again, but the game doesn't want to start anymore.
    I tried to delete the 1C Softclub folder and reinstalled the game a few times.
    It still doesn't work.
    So I did search for a solution of this little disaster here on this site. And found this https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=27253
    So I opened the event viewer and found these errors (shown in the Attachments).

How can I solve this issue?

With best regards,

Roberth

P.S. Yeah - the error report log picture is in German, but I think the essential information can be seen.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: IL-2 CloD "Blitz" Crash-report

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

What anti virus do you use ? AVAST is an issue .

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Hi Roberth and welcome.
    With any technical issue post it is best to give your system specs, including what version of Windows u run, as in my sig below. That's gives us a baseline to work from and can help eliminate the obvious like an underpowered system.

There are some usual suspects that u can work your way thru like:

Install the latest driver for your video card...some Windows 10 updates can foul up video card drivers. Re-installing the drivers fixes it.
    Re-install the DotNet framework https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=17851

Hope this helps
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Torian View Post
    Hi Roberth and welcome.
    With any technical issue post it is best to give your system specs, including what version of Windows u run, as in my sig below. That's gives us a baseline to work from and can help eliminate the obvious like an underpowered system.

Install the latest driver for your video card...some Windows 10 updates can foul up video card drivers. Re-installing the drivers fixes it.
    Re-install the DotNet framework https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=17851

Hope this helps
    Thank you for your replies, ATAG_Torian and Ivank! I'll be back home in round about two weeks and try it out! I'll write it then, if the problem is solved!

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi Roberth and welcome.

Hope this helps

I intalled the new driver for my video card and the DotNet Framework said it is not possible to install it, because it is already the same or a newer version.
    I'll send you my hardware specs (in the file) - be aware of German words!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Hi Roberth,
    Thx for posting the specs. The only thing I can't see there is what video card u are using and how much video RAM it has.
    And is it 8GB of system RAM ?

Is Steam/CloD installed on your "C" drive or on another hard drive ?
    Do u have any previous versions of CloD still installed ?
    Do u run any "virtual machine" software ?

Do be patient as there will be a solution. It's a process of elimination that may take time to work thru.
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

8. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

This is my video card. I understand

Thank you!

I installed it into my external hard disk (F: ) but this wasn't a treat before
    and had previously installed the old IL-2 CloD. But I deleted the old one because of "Blitz".
    I don't know about any "virt. mach." software on my computer
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by KG_S_Roberth; Feb-28-2020 at 12:41.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Ok, straight off the bat, u need to re-install your game into your main onboard hard drive where Steam itself is installed.
    Have no idea how u managed to install it onto an external hard drive and run it from there but that would have to be the worst place to install it from the point of view maximizing your game performance !
    U are inviting problems with that setup as your system specs aren't that great to start with.

This is part of the frustration of trying to help people when that sort of vital info has to be teased out of the OP. Never assume anything
    System specs:

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Now I have installed it on the onboard hard drive (c:/) , but it still doesn't work.
    I click on the game in Steam, the name in the library flashes green for a short amount of time and it stops again.

Which system specs would you recommend?
    I don't know much about computer specs, so thank you anyway for your help!

Cheers!

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.92 GB

Hi all, I have a similar problem. I deleted the 1C SoftClub folder from documents and reinstalled CLOD Blitz. Both steam and BLITZ are located on a dedicated D: drive with my windows 10 v1903 OS on an ssd c: drive.

BLITZ seems to start OK but when I try to launch a single player mission the progress bar gets to around 95% then the game crashes to windows desktop.
    Pretty frustrating but probably an issue with my set up?

specs are :

Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    CPU
    AMD A6-7400K 43 °C
    Kaveri 28nm Technology
    RAM
    16.0GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 797MHz (11-11-11-28)
    Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. A68HM-PLUS (FM2+ ) 28 °C
    Graphics
    SAMSUNG (1920x1080@59Hz)
    4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 (Undefined) 29 °C
    Storage
    111GB Western Digital WDC WDS120G2G0A-00JH30 (SATA (SSD)) 32 °C
    2794GB Western Digital WDC WD30EZRX-00DC0B0 (SATA ) 29 °C
    Optical Drives
    No optical disk drives detected
    Audio
    NVIDIA High Definition Audio

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.92 GB

Correction - Windows 10 version is 1909

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

@Dambuster
    Basically your computer will struggle to run solitaire much less a modern combat flight sim.
    Your computer setup is WAY below the minimum specifications to run the sim.
    Time for a new PC I'm afraid.
    System specs:

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.92 GB

Disappointing response.... maybe time for a new sim

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

@dambuster….
    Just to give it some perspective;
    An average CloD user with an older PC might have an nVidia GTX 780.
    If u take a look here https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html
    U will see that the GTX 780 scores about 8000 which is a little under half of what the top end RTX 2080Ti scores (over 16,700).
    Now there is no way any1 running a single high definition monitor needs an RTX 2080Ti. Its way overkill.
    The guy with the much older GTX 780 will get reasonable performance in CloD and maybe BoX. It would struggle with DCS.
    Your GT 730 (note its not a GTX 730) scores less than 1500 and only has 2GB of video RAM.
    If u take a look at the graph on the right of this site https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-spec...e-gt-730.c2590
    u will note they rate the GTX 780 (which is an older card) at 910% the performance of the GT 730.

Its not that I am trying to put u off CloD or any other sim. Its just there is the fact that both your cpu and your graphics card are not going to run CloD at a playable level and probably, as u are finding, not at all.
    System specs:

17. Likes Little Bill liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.92 GB

Thanks for the info'
    One thing puzzles me - the card spec from my pc shows 4gb yet the benchmark tests show a 2gb card - did Nvidia do some funky update at end of life to try to extend its performance?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Quote Originally Posted by dambuster617 View Post
    Thanks for the info'
    One thing puzzles me - the card spec from my pc shows 4gb yet the benchmark tests show a 2gb card - did Nvidia do some funky update at end of life to try to extend its performance?
    They may have released a 4GB version but the GPU processor is still the same. More VRAM is great but the power of the GPU needs to be there as well and the 730 is now an underpowered, superceded card. It was a low budget, low end video card when released in 2014. Technology has well and truly moved on as u saw in that benchmark site.
    System specs:

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.92 GB

OK ATAG_Torian, I appreciate your help. Looks like I'll need to raid the piggy bank and get a better card. Cheers

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Ok, straight off the bat, u need to re-install your game into your main onboard hard drive where Steam itself is installed.
    Have no idea how u managed to install it onto an external hard drive and run it from there but that would have to be the worst place to install it from the point of view maximizing your game performance !
    U are inviting problems with that setup as your system specs aren't that great to start with.

This is part of the frustration of trying to help people when that sort of vital info has to be teased out of the OP. Never assume anything
    I fixed it myself now.... It had something to do with the Microsoft Visual C++
    MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll were missing. DCS World was showing the missing files as a report message, which CloD didn't show while "starting" the game...
    I had to uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ for the 2013 and 2015 version and reinstall it again.

Case closed for me

Cheers!

22. Likes Baffin, ATAG_Torian, ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Good to hear that Roberth. Thx for letting us know what worked
    System specs:

24. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post