Thread: Sup guys S

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Re: Sup guys S

Quote Originally Posted by =Jamz= View Post
    Roger mate, Ill give it a go

What would of beeen the issue with the old missions that i created working in Blitz? any ideas on that too?

They show but just dont play..

'Index was outsude th bounds of the array' is the message i get
    I think that has to do with some of the mission objects changing around in the FMB folder structure. Can't remember now. Does the missions that are throwing this have an object in common? Like the destroyer type ship for the axis or allies... whatever they are called... corvettee

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Possibly a change in loadout. Some weapons now have different selections of bullets.

3. Likes 9./JG52 Jamz Dackel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.99 MB

In the game, you can "load" the controller settings file. I can't see where it states you have "loaded" the controller settings - only copied/pasted them. The game wont know you have pasted a new controller file - you have to tell it. Normally people have one for Allied planes and one for Axis planes - they switch them by "loading" the relevant file. In the "controls" part of the game options - at the bottom are 3 buttons:

Save As
    Apply
    Load (the one you want)

Click it and an explorer window opens - use it to navigate to your controller file and select it. Then click "open".

It should populate the controls as they are assigned in the file.

A random idea, for windows 10 and USB device ID assignment, you could try a "plug in sequence" for your controllers. Example Yoke, pedals, throttles etc. When you want to fly, plug them in, using the same sequence, into the same USB sockets. Probably worth waiting for the devices to fully initialise before plugging in the next unit. I do not have windows 10 yet to test, however I would be interested to know if a plug in sequence works and simplifies the silly 'assignment of controller ID' problems. If anyone can try and test this, I would appreciate it.
    Zx Spectrum, 48k. Mono tape player. Loose 3.5mm Jacks that need a wiggle once and a while.

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Jamz Dackel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Mackers View Post
    In the game, you can "load" the controller settings file. I can't see where it states you have "loaded" the controller settings - only copied/pasted them. The game wont know you have pasted a new controller file - you have to tell it. Normally people have one for Allied planes and one for Axis planes - they switch them by "loading" the relevant file. In the "controls" part of the game options - at the bottom are 3 buttons:

Save As
    Apply
    Load (the one you want)

Click it and an explorer window opens - use it to navigate to your controller file and select it. Then click "open".

It should populate the controls as they are assigned in the file.

A random idea, for windows 10 and USB device ID assignment, you could try a "plug in sequence" for your controllers. Example Yoke, pedals, throttles etc. When you want to fly, plug them in, using the same sequence, into the same USB sockets. Probably worth waiting for the devices to fully initialise before plugging in the next unit. I do not have windows 10 yet to test, however I would be interested to know if a plug in sequence works and simplifies the silly 'assignment of controller ID' problems. If anyone can try and test this, I would appreciate it.

I ended up mapping the keys/joy again, took a while as I forgot what was needed and what wasnt..

I think the problem was what has already been mentioned, in that the conroller IDs have changed now.. I tried what you said and pretty much every other idea, but as I say it was easier in the end to remap, just time consuming.
    https://ibb.co/vqQKb5H

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 69th_Spiritus View Post
    I think that has to do with some of the mission objects changing around in the FMB folder structure. Can't remember now. Does the missions that are throwing this have an object in common? Like the destroyer type ship for the axis or allies... whatever they are called... corvettee
    No mate, simple Island map with lots of aircraft to shoot, I used it to test convergences etc. For some reson it just doesn't want to load it.

Im trying to create it again from scratch as it wasnt exactly techinacal, but for some reason I cannot even remember how to add aircraft....
    Last edited by 9./JG52 Jamz Dackel; Jan-15-2020 at 14:16.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.0 KB

All done.

So as suggested above, the issue was the loadouts.

As soon as I edited the loadout in th Blitz FMB and saved, it worked as before.

Thanks for help and suggestions all

~S~

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

What would of beeen the issue with the old missions that i created working in Blitz? any ideas on that too?
    Most single missions, campaigns done for previous versions of CloD work in Blitz - some campaign like Huninthesun, Desastersof, need deal with custom DLL and hot fix.
    As far I remember only the "fake" British corvette cause issues in some campaign, because was renamed for Blitz (what is strange, since is a fictional ship), but don't remember well what, maybe "Dynamic Mission" (TheOden).

When you install Blitz this don't mix with early, e.g. TF 4.312 install, since both use different folders in Documents\1c Soft... dover and SteamApps\Common... dover'' folders.

Pay attention that copying missions from 4.312 to Blitz need copy too Skins and for some missions Icons folders.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.99 MB

I ended up mapping the keys/joy again, took a while as I forgot what was needed and what wasnt..

I think the problem was what has already been mentioned, in that the conroller IDs have changed now.. I tried what you said and pretty much every other idea, but as I say it was easier in the end to remap, just time consuming.
    In some instances, the ID's can change after a simple reboot too. Pretty dumb "feature" really - but I expect there is some situation where it's not a problem and a benefit. Some games have a drop down box for joystick selection, from the available connected device list - so they bypass the silly ID assignement issue.

I had a problem on win7 when I moved house, I plugged my controllers into different ports and had to remap them - once was enough. From memory, moving the controllers from the front panel to the back panel was my issue - I think they re-installed drivers when I plugged them into the different port.

Now I only map my various analogue axis via the games, the rest of the controls (buttons/toggles) are mapped to the keyboard. In my controller software, I have a CloD profile which then activates the keyboard buttons. Might be handy for others doing the dreaded re-mapping. Quicker just to re-assign the various axis in future situations - as the keyboards generally don't change. Simple additional file to back-up (Controller profile) along with the various game ini files and skins. Saves alot of time and brain farts trying to remember your setup.
    Zx Spectrum, 48k. Mono tape player. Loose 3.5mm Jacks that need a wiggle once and a while.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12