Thread: Hi and thanks

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

Hi and thanks

Hi,

I've had CloD since it came out, I've always liked the look of it, then the TF improvements made it really, really nice to fly, but I was sadly (and critically), put off by the AI and single-player side of things until the changes recently had me give it another go.

And I am so glad I did.

I may be a single-player person at heart but a fair amount of time spent online in IL2 BoX showed me what it is like to fly in a squad with others, and to learn to accept a good clubbing with good cheer when flying solo; so on my return to trying CloD I was more willing to go online. I now spend most of my time on the ATAG and TWC servers which are really good fun by them having AI flights in them.

I'm not particularly a social person and a bit of a $&*£ really, so don't expect much from me, but I do want to thank the TF people and anyone else who has got CloD where it is now. I've tried a number of combat flight sims in the past couple of years but CloD seems to give me the best experience as it stands, and I'm grateful for that. I really look forward to what the Tobruk installment can bring.

Thanks,

Yo-Yo

NB. I am 'Yo-Yo', not the person registered as 'YoYo'
    I am Yo-Yo not YoYo (that's someone else)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Re: Hi and thanks

Hi Yo-Yo...thank you very much for your very kind and thoughtful post. I'm a great believer in giving praise where praise is due and I can tell you...you are not wrong about TFS! They are working their absolute bo***cks off to get the next installment of this flight sim ready for us! Hours and hours.....and hours..... of time is being given by technical geniuses all over the world to maintain Cliffs of Dover as the best flight sim out there. I am not a member of TFS ( I readily admit I do not have the skills for the work) but I have seen enough to reassure you that 'Tobruk' is going to be 'out of this world' outstanding!

I am sure that receiving kind acknowledgement from bods such as yourself is all TFS needs to 'push on'..... and get the job finished....so 'thank you!'

I am really pleased you are enjoying Multiplayer a little more. Like you, I actually flew single player for a whole year before timidly venturing on line. But once I met everybody and realised what a unique and friendly Community sits behind 'Cliffs,' I never looked back! Stick with it, Yo-Yo! The best is yet to come!

I hope we get to meet and fly together over the desert skies. Like many others, I'm a bit busy at the moment with manuals and testing but once that work is complete I, and all of us.......will be BACK IN FORCE!!!!!! Salute!
    Last edited by ATAG_Marlow; Jan-27-2020 at 15:41.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Re: Hi and thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yo-Yo View Post

and a bit of a $&*£ really,
    me too ! (i think)

dont worry about it... justr dip yuor toes in. Online isnt half as overwhelming as yuo porbably imagine it... least not round these parts.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

4. Likes farley, ATAG_Marlow, DRock, ATAG_Torian liked this post