Thread: Hi newly retired flight simmer here

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi newly retired flight simmer here

Retired just befor Christmas been flight simming and simming in general since MSFS 1.

Now hopefully have the time to devote to it.

HOWEVER can i ask a question here as I'm having some trouble with another groups forum and the IL2 1946 forum here doesnt seem too active recently.

So apologies for reposting her but maybe an Admin can help me.

"For some entirely unknown reason my account appears to have been permanently banned at the SAS 1946 forum where I have previously been an entirely conforming member - I have had no warning or anything it just tells me my login is permanently banned. Hell I've never been banned for anything before, I'm a retired Judge for God's sake! Does anyone here know how I can get in touch with the SAS forum administrators to 'appeal' this ban as I cant even get to their help section - the only difference since I last logged on about a month ago is I am now using a VPN but I've disabled that and it still makes no difference.

If anyone here is connected to the SAS BAT forum please reach ou to me so I can understand what has happened or whether my account has been misused by a third party.

Thanks in advance for any help available.

SIMON"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Re: Hi newly retired flight simmer here

Hi Simmy,

Welcome to the forum.

I’m not familiar with the SAS 1946 Forum, but hopefully someone here can help out and drop a line to the forum admins.

In the meantime, I hope you drop by here often and browse around. Feel free to ask any questions that come to mind. (Full disclosure: I’m hoping we can lure you to The Dark Side and get you to adopt Cliffs of Dover Blitz as your newest sim. )

Cheers!

Snapper

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    Hi Simmy,

Welcome to the forum.

I’m not familiar with the SAS 1946 Forum, but hopefully someone here can help out and drop a line to the forum admins.

In the meantime, I hope you drop by here often and browse around. Feel free to ask any questions that come to mind. (Full disclosure: I’m hoping we can lure you to The Dark Side and get you to adopt Cliffs of Dover Blitz as your newest sim. )

Cheers!

Snapper
    No need to lure me I already use Cliffs of Dover (the Team Fusion version) and am really looking forward to the North Africa campaign coming out as one of my uncles was a Tank driver in the desert Campaign 1940 - 42.

Regards

SIMON

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

Can you create a free email account, Gmai/Yandex or whatever, create a new profile on the SAS forum using it then PM an admin and make contact that way? Then just forget all about the temporary email you set up? Some free email companies you may even be able to close it off again, and the SAS forum can probably delete the temporary account you made too.

(I don't have any connection or profile there sorry)
    I am Yo-Yo not YoYo (that's someone else)