Thread: Curves

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Curves

I've got a thrustmaster Hotas X and was wondering what everyone has their curves set to?

Mainly fly the Spit Mk9

2. Likes No.119_Bruv, No.119_Viper (VK-S) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Curves

It really depends on your stick and how you like to fly. If I remember rightly I think my elevator has a curvature of 20 and a deadzone of 5. P51D and 109k4 are both much less as they don't feel so twitchy compared to the spit.

This is with a CH combatstick with about 10 years on it.

Chucks guide mentions 25 but adjust as necessary. Watch your red dot in the axis tune window for pitch and see how badly it moves around when pulling back and forward.

4. Likes No.119_Viper (VK-S) liked this post
    Supporting Member No.119_Viper (VK-S)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    214.38 MB

Re: Curves

Until very recently. I used the Thrustmaster T16000 stick and throttle, curve settings on the DCS Spit Mk IX were: '' Pitch 15% with an 8% dead zone and Roll 15% with a 6% dead zone, mainly due to very bad gimble wear after only 10 months of use, a rubbish stick and would never recommend it to anyone, I bought two of them over a 15 month period, first one suffered catastrophic fire trigger failure, it simply disintegrated inside the handgrip, second as aforementioned, became unflyable due to the excessive gimble wear.

In the end, I bit the bullet and got a Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and stick from eBay, ( I had been forever coveting one ), expensive Yes, but worth every penny as its a beautiful bit of kit, and built to last the rigours of combat, Curve settings for both Roll and Pitch 0% set to linear No adjustments required.

As an aside, I would highly recommend the CU Products Combat Stick should finance prohibit the purchase of a Warthog, I did some research on it which returned some very good results, this then being endorsed by my Squadron mate Bruv who has been using his for 10 years or more without issue, current costings £ 99.99 for the stick on its own.

Of course, at the end of the day, one's own flying style will play a very large part in the curve settings regardless of which combinations of stick, throttle and rudder pedals or twist grip one chooses to have.

The above has most likely raised more questions than answers, but such are the joys that await every sim pilot, in the end, water will find its own level, and the correct setup will make its self known to you, and if your lucky you won't have spent a small fortune in finding it.

Vipe's
    Last edited by No.119_Viper (VK-S); Feb-25-2020 at 02:23.