Thread: New Potential GPU

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    328.74 MB

New Potential GPU

Hey chaps,
    Just found this fellow HIS Radeon RX560 OC 4GB GDDR5
    For about 170 AUD.

The price range and from what I have seen of performance seems like a far better deal than a lot of the NVIDIA cards.
    However, I do recall some discussion about compatability issues, so aside from any other comments or knowledge you chaps might have on this particular card (I noticed the HIS is different from the standards with a blue fan/lion design you don't see on other 560s, not sure what the difference is) are there any oitstanding issues with Cliffs running with AMD?

Cheers, have a great day!

2. Likes Maru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

Re: New Potential GPU

Not really a 'current' card is it? In general it performs less than an old GTX 970
    A GTX 1650S is already an improvement over the AMD and just a few 10's more (though I'm not sure how they stack up in price in AUS)
    Unless the card you have now isn't cutting it, I'd suggest saving up a bit more so that you're more future proof instead of chasing after the fact
    Je Maintiendrai

PC Specs: Intel I5 8600k @4.8 Ghz/ Aorus Z390 Pro / Gigabyte RTX3060ti OC 8Gb @ 1905Mhz/ Corsair BX 2x16Gb @3200Mhz
    XPG Spectrix S40G, 256GB NVMe / Kingston A2000 1TB NVMe / Startech PEXUSB3S44V 4port USB 3.1 PCIe
    Asus VG278HE / Oculus Rift / Virpil MT50 Mongoost T50cm Stick and T50 Throttle / Saitek Combat Rudders / 2x Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, sweat and the occasional witty comment"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    213.59 MB

Hey TCP, Im running an AMD "setup", my CPU & GPU are AMD, I got an FX 8350 + RX 590.

Cliffs runs greats.

Now, to the Potential new GPU, I would need to know your CPU, bottleneck is a thing, and if you have a slow CPU your GPU can be a monster but the bottleneck would be so high that it wouldnt be worth.

AMD are always cheaper compared to Intel or NVIDIA, I have had a GTX 970 OC previously and I can feel the difference between the RX 590 and my old 970.

Here is a good site where you can calculate your bottleneck https://pc-builds.com/calculator/
    Last edited by Maru; Mar-01-2020 at 23:00.

5. Likes ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    328.74 MB

Cheers Maru! Appreciate it!
    I am running a i5-6400 Intel processor 2.7Ghz
    After poking around with the calculator I believe there is only one or two ideal options. The main one was the GTX 960. Perfect price point not being over 200 aud, and honestly probably fine for my kind of gaming.
    I am not a hardcore gamer, I have a few games/sims that I play.
    The most intensive thing I have on my PC is The Division, now number 2 due to the insane sale, but if I can run most of my other stuff good that is all that bothers me.
    I am comming from integrated graphics Intel HD530, I will say that again haha! Anything is a bonus, and I don't think a 960 would be all that bad.

Any particular thoughts or ideas Maru?
    I am fairly happy with my current rig, and am fairly confident in its abilities to hold its own, not too eager to make a super rig, but getting this one to run alright with Cliffs/DCS would be all good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    213.59 MB

In that case get the RX 580, price will be lower than the GTX 960, you will have a low bottleneck but that shouldn't worry you, the RX is just way more better and when you decide to upgrade your build you will still have that fantastic GPU without having to upgrade it as well.

Check out the comparison

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compar...580/3165vs3923
    Last edited by Maru; Mar-02-2020 at 22:57.

8. Likes ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    328.74 MB

Thanks a bunch Maru!
    Got some direction with that, will keep it in mind and will hopefully bag one in the next month or two!