Thread: Folding at home. A way for the flight sim community to help fight Coronavirus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Folding at home. A way for the flight sim community to help fight Coronavirus

Not sure if many of you have heard of the software "folding at home"?
    Put simply, you download the software and any time your computer is on it runs in the background. What it does is runs calculations that have been supplied by the scientific community then uploads the data to help them to solve problems that require vast amounts of processing power.
    The reason it is effective is because every computer around the world is solving small amounts of data and when added together, vast amounts of data can be processed.
    The download is small but the effectiveness of so many computers working together is huge to the scientific community and currently they are focusing on solving multiple terabytes of Coronavirus data.

The software is installed, then any time your computer is idle it will begin running the data to help the scientists who are trying to solve the code for a vaccine.

Here’s the link if anyone is interested. Every little helps and it is completely free

https://github.com/FoldingAtHome/coronavirus
    Last edited by Mysticpuma; Mar-21-2020 at 13:41.
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

2. Likes ATAG_kiwiflieger, Duke_JL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

Re: Folding at home. A way for the flight sim community to help fight Coronavirus

In my old age, I'm getting more and more cynical
    First thing that came to mind is: "So everybody that participates gets a part of the royalties per sold vaccin?"
    Je Maintiendrai

PC Specs: Intel I5 8600k @4.8 Ghz/ Aorus Z390 Pro / Gigabyte RTX3060ti OC 8Gb @ 1905Mhz/ Corsair BX 2x16Gb @3200Mhz
    XPG Spectrix S40G, 256GB NVMe / Kingston A2000 1TB NVMe / Startech PEXUSB3S44V 4port USB 3.1 PCIe
    Asus VG278HE / Oculus Rift / Virpil MT50 Mongoost T50cm Stick and T50 Throttle / Saitek Combat Rudders / 2x Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, sweat and the occasional witty comment"