Thread: Book Recommendation during a time of Social Isolation

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    21.84 MB

Book Recommendation during a time of Social Isolation

Around the world many of us are in the process of a Social Distancing, but should not allow it to become Social Isolation. So I am recommending this small book, The Snow Swan by Paul Gallico. Just a short read, makes me cry whenever I read it again.

I see it is also available as a 50 in movie on YouTube.

Hope you are staying well and sane,
    Damon

On the desolate Essex marshes, a young girl named Fritha arrives at a remote lighthouse seeking help from its lonely inhabitant: Philip Rhayader, a crippled artist who has established a bird sanctuary on his land. The girl brings to him a wounded snow goose, which the gentle Philip takes under his care. Soon a friendship blossoms as he and Fritha nurse the bird back to health, though as the years pass, Fritha visits the lighthouse only when the snow goose is there. Then the outbreak of World War II draws Philip away from his home to help in the war effort - and suddenly Fritha has a new reason to return to the lighthouse.

Beautifully written all the way through to its powerful ending, The Snow Goose has been in print since its original publication in 1941.

https://www.amazon.com/The-Snow-Goos...s=books&sr=1-1
    Last edited by 69th_Damon; Mar-23-2020 at 13:40.

2. Likes ATAG_Marlow, Pienoir, farley liked this post