Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Info Windows in Cliffs Of Dover Tutorial

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Re: Windows in Cliffs Of Dover Tutorial

Sometimes I would like to just get rid of the chat window text for awhile. Has anyone figured out how to assign a key or button in order to toggle a "Hide the chat window" option?

EX: press "H" to hide it... press "H" again to bring it back.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Excellent thanks Septic

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with Sahaj 15cm Extension/MFG Crosswind Pedals/Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel & Throttle Quadrants/TrackiR4/Windows 10 Home/Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

How can I roll back to the default values?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by spartan18a View Post
    How can I roll back to the default values?

Thanks
    Deleting the confUser.ini file in the 1C Softclub MOD folder in my docs and starting the game again should reset it, BUT you will loose other settings you have created, like controls and stuff.

So if you are going to do that, first copy the confUser.ini and save to a safe place. Then go through the reset. Then you can edit back the other stuff if you want into the new confUser.ini that is created.
    Last edited by Vlerkies; Oct-02-2015 at 13:45.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

If it's brown, shoot it down!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Vlerkies View Post
    Deleting the confUser.ini file in the 1C Softclub MOD folder in my docs and starting the game again should reset it, BUT you will loose other settings you have created, like controls and stuff.

So if you are going to do that, first copy the confUser.ini and save to a safe place. Then go through the reset. Then you can edit back the other stuff if you want into the new confUser.ini that is created.
    Just found it!!! http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php/...=1&limitstart=

To restore the orginal Info-Windows copy these lines to the end of the confuser.ini

[ChatWindow]
    0:-1=-posSize '0.003 0.870 0.206 0.130' -titleStr "Motor Controls" -alpha 130 -ualpha 0 -wrap -history 100
    0:262144=-lay 1 -fnt 0 -clr 0
    1:-1=-posSize '0.818 0.543 0.181 0.145' -titleStr "Secondary Controls" -alpha 130 -ualpha 0 -history 10 -timeout 15
    1:5=-font 0
    1:4=-font 0
    1:7=-font 0
    2:-1=-posSize '0.002 0.000 0.460 0.186' -titleStr "Info. Window 1" -alpha 130 -ualpha 25 -vscroll -wrap -history 100
    2:393216=-fnt 0 -clr 54 -al 2 -tf 1 -sz 1 -sl 1
    2:3=-font 0
    2:131072=0
    2:1=-font 0
    2:6=-font 0
    3:-1=-posSize '0.518 0.002 0.418 0.275' -titleStr Voice -border -alpha 130 -ualpha 0 -wrap -history 40 -timeout 30
    3:2=-font 1
    4:-1=-posSize '0.171 0.323 0.687 0.352' -titleStr NetStats -title -border -alpha 50 -ualpha 0 -custom
    4:-2=-font 3 -color 139 -columnWidth '0.100 0.183 0.322 0.144 0.093 0.081' -columnSort 2

6. Likes Vlerkies liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi All

Im very new to this game and have had a problem with the grey boxes (unselected info window). I have watched the tutorial and followed what it says, but doesnt work the same. So to run through what I do......

Once I have made an info window and deselect it, I cant seem to select it again. I may have stuffed up the key binding maybe? I can make more info windows and right click on them to give the option to close. But as soon as I deselect the window I cant seem to select it again by holding ALT and left clicking on it.

I better point out that Im using JoytoKey software so that I can emulate the hat of the joystick as a mouse movement. I dont know if this could be the problem.

Sorry if I haven't explained myself very well, Im dyslexic (thank god for spell check). Also if I have posted in the wrong area.

Any help would be so appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Welcome to the community and forums coconutsnz ...~S~

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...hlight=windows

Not sure exactly why you can't get rid of the grey boxes...although getting grey boxes is a very common new player problem...Check the video in the link above specifically for getting rid of them...Bear in mind that often there can be many of them on top of each other and it may not look like you are actually removing them when you actually are...You jut have to keep repeating the procedure...

It maybe that you need to remove the Joytokey program if you aren't successful in removing them...

The grey box issue should be relatively easily resolved...

================

Checkout the 'Beginners Guide'...for info and tips...It will save you a heap of time in getting up to scratch.....and its a really fun learning curve anyway..

Beginners Guide Link Here

Windows Management Guide

Also try youtube for startup procedures on all the aircraft...

I recommend getting in the online server as soon as you can take off if that's ultimately where you'd like to fly...I flew single player for 30 minutes before I took the plunge...The ATAG online server is a great environment to learn and there's not really any damage you can do in there as a new player.....It is also mission based just with real players trying to foil your objectives...If you are concerned then pick an airstrip furthest from the front line (there always is one or two on every map) and get some alt before you go hunting...You'll get tagged a lot but there are tricks you learn out of pure desperation in those first few weeks that you'll be able to use later...I know cos I still use the same tricks I learned then too because they work...and never underestimate the stall to get you out of a tight fix...That sometimes works too...TeamSpeak is optional but you'll learn a whole lot faster with it even if you say very little....

Here are a few fun, helpful and interesting links amongst these forums

Most Watched CLOD Videos

Easy Allied CEM for New Players

Joystick and Hardware Thread

ATAG Forum Age Poll Results

Nvidea Control Panel Settings

Downloads

Contact Spotting Test

and....Don't forget to keep up with the latest on the TeamFusion new aircraft and patch news...You could well be AMAZED!

TeamFusion Facebook Updates

Any questions then you've come to the right place....

Good to have you with us buddy...and remember its all about the Fun!!!

...Lew...
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks so much for the reply Lewis

I did follow that tutorial word for word. For me the ALT click doesn't seem to work. As I mentioned I wonder if I stuffed it all up with the Joytokey software. I tried turning the software off and still no luck. I kept experimenting with making new info windows to deselect them to reselect them. Now I have a screen filled with grey boxes.

Is there anyway to reset things?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

You could try 'Verify integrity of game cache'....This gets your game back to vanilla pre-patch version of the game....I'm not sure if this will get rid of those boxes but should only take 20 minutes to try....You WILL have to learn to be able to remove them properly at some point anyway...

You'll need to backup the patches so you don't have to download them again too if you try this....

Open STEAM and Go to....STEAM > LIBRARY > All Games > IL2 Sturmovik: Cliffs Of Dover (right click) > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Cheers Lewis

I'll give that a go.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    463.16 MB

You don't need to verify [see post above Lewis by spartan8a]. Just find your confuser.ini in your C:\Users\Username\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD folder.

Open confuser.ini with Notepad or similar. Scroll down to [Chatwindow] and either delete what is there or replace what is there with this;

[ChatWindow]
    0:-1=-posSize '0.003 0.870 0.206 0.130' -titleStr "Motor Controls" -alpha 130 -ualpha 0 -wrap -history 100
    0:262144=-lay 1 -fnt 0 -clr 0
    1:-1=-posSize '0.818 0.543 0.181 0.145' -titleStr "Secondary Controls" -alpha 130 -ualpha 0 -history 10 -timeout 15
    1:5=-font 0
    1:4=-font 0
    1:7=-font 0
    2:-1=-posSize '0.002 0.000 0.460 0.186' -titleStr "Info. Window 1" -alpha 130 -ualpha 25 -vscroll -wrap -history 100
    2:393216=-fnt 0 -clr 54 -al 2 -tf 1 -sz 1 -sl 1
    2:3=-font 0
    2:131072=0
    2:1=-font 0
    2:6=-font 0
    3:-1=-posSize '0.518 0.002 0.418 0.275' -titleStr Voice -border -alpha 130 -ualpha 0 -wrap -history 40 -timeout 30
    3:2=-font 1
    4:-1=-posSize '0.171 0.323 0.687 0.352' -titleStr NetStats -title -border -alpha 50 -ualpha 0 -custom
    4:-2=-font 3 -color 139 -columnWidth '0.100 0.183 0.322 0.144 0.093 0.081' -columnSort 2

If you choose to just delete the text, Cliffs should copy over the default from the Steam programme folder (where there is a copy of Confuser.ini). If you have Steam Cloud enabled then it might just copy your unwanted settings.
    Last edited by ATAG_Septic; Apr-04-2016 at 19:02.
    [CENTER][CENTER] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

13. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Dave, ATAG_Lewis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Yeah....What he said!

So we can make a profile that folks can copy and paste into their game?...I might add that to the 'Windows Guide'.....Be a lot easier for new players...
    Last edited by ATAG_Lewis; Apr-04-2016 at 20:28.

15. Likes ATAG_Septic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

First, many thanks to you Lewis; your guide helped me sort out my windows "painlessly" way back when.

Second, is there a way to change the font colour (or "color" for those a few kilometers [or miles..... ok, ok, i'll stop...] south of where i reside) for text in the windows? Other than the ones that obviously allow you to change a colour?

Thanks.
    Last edited by farley; Apr-04-2016 at 23:05.
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for all your help Lewis & Spectic

That worked. Gave me back the function of using ALT and left click to select window. Thanks so much.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thank you, finally got the windows sorted out here.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

excellent tutorial. downloaded 5-31-2017. setting up the Hurricane and Spit. When I setup the engine info window all I get is THTL. The tutorial shows Rad, Pitch and Mixture which I would also like to see.
    Also, how do I get around the obscured view of the gyro. Is that a different thread or can I ask that here?
    Last edited by wksmith9327; Jun-04-2017 at 10:21.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Rgrt...It shows THTL until you fire up your engine and move your throttle stick...Then all those should suddenly appear...Its like they dont appear until you start physically moving your hardware...

Also...if you are flying single player you may not have full real turned on...I think if you dont have full engine management turned on you may just have throttle to tinker with...Im not too sure about single player..its been years since I played it...Online is more fun...

You'll need a headtracker to see around the joystick at your compass I think....But you dont need the compass in the server anyway...'tab - 7 - 1' gives you nearest enemy fighters in the ATAG server...and you can bring your map up until you have worked out the degrees...

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Lewis - thanks for the response - that did the trick. And thanks for the invite to online game with the group. I'm learning the ropes for a bit and I live in rural US where bandwidth for gaming very hard to come by. As I am new to the community - I am very hopeful that the interest in this game will continue and grow. I am very enthusiastic about learning it and setting up a proper console. I have subscribed to team speak and "drop-in" to listen to the exchanges and action. Also, I have ordered TrackIR and some headphones to help with managing the controls in the sim. Thanks again for your prompt response.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Well done man...You dont need a mic to be on our TS...just listen if you like....its all good...~S~

Supporting Member EAF331 Starfire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    75.14 MB

Question Re: Windows in Cliffs Of Dover Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    Blitzen,

To get back "Secondary Controls" Info Window you need create a new Window with "Vehicle crew, Vehicle System, Vehicle Secondary controls".

Set "Inactive Alpha BG" to 0 to leave then transparent.

Tip: Try with new colors and font size.

Sokol1

I have a window displaying "Secondary systems", but the color is blue which is difficult to see at dawn and dusk.
    I want to change it to something like yellow, but I dont get a color option in the game.
    I tried to circomvent that by adding it into the confUser.ini, but to no avail.

Any idears?
    "....Perspective only comes from knowing more than you need to know"
    - Chris Kubasik
    "But ignorence still prevails" -Starfire

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

You could rename this topic to "Info Windows in Cliffs of Dover tutorial".

I know they exist, but don't remember the name, and trying find for help a newbie with problems with Info Windows reveal PITA, because search return hundred of "windows" topics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12