Thread: IL2 - Round the clock

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    259.41 MB

IL2 - Round the clock

I have a dream:

I am not a critic of the IL2 developers. I think everything they do to bring this history to life is so impressive and well received. My knowledge of the war in the Far East was fueled by the IL2: Pacific Fighters campaigns. It made me read the history, out of curiosity. I was flying a Beaufighter in New Guinea.. But why. I know now.

With these simulations, nothing is ever perfect. But we use our imaginations to make up for what is not perfect.
    And so I have no criticisms.

But what I would love, in the future is for an edition of IL2 called IL2 "Round the Clock". Based on a book by Jack Currie and Philip Kaplan, that delves in to the allied offensives of RAF Bomber Command and the American 8th Air Force from their bases in England in to Europe and to the Luftwaffe Crews defending their world.

It's a humbling period in history.

With Campaign Scope 1939 - The Phoney War
    1940 - 1941 - Bomber Command (Including Leaflet Drops)
    1942 - 1945 - Bomber Command and the Mighty Eighth with Luftwaffe Campaigns, including the "Nuisance" raids on Britain and "Raider" sorties on Lincolnshire; under the cloak and dagger world in which those crew lived and died.

With defensive Operations of the Luftwaffe to include the development of the Kammhuber Line (Search lights, night fighters and flak defenses)
    We don't celebrate war on these forums. But the simulations help us realise what it would have been like to fly these operational sorties; whatever our nationality, in paving Europe's history.

In the meantime. I'm massively grateful for all of the development of the IL2 Series. Thank you.

Thanks for reading.

"Lest we Forget"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    226.63 MB

Re: IL2 - Round the clock

Working on the 24 hour thing every day <S> Fatal
    i7 2700 ,32 gigs, 4 ssd's ,1 7200rpm 2terabyte,1 samsung 55 display,2 mfd's,EDTRACKER,Warthog ,X55 stick, 7inch liliput monitor in mfd's 21 I-inc secondary display for instruments using virtual cockpit
    [*]iustus facere unus[*] JUST MAKE ONE ( FATAL ERROR) Commander TWC http://twcpilots.com