Thread: Please give a cheer to your health care workers.... they deserve it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Please give a cheer to your health care workers.... they deserve it!

Hello All

I know it has been said before in the mass media, but sometimes people don't realize how much health care workers appreciate a public show of support.

So please, when you hear pots being banged and cheering in your neighbourhood... go out on your balcony or porch and add your own voice.

My Niece graduated last year from Nursing school and is now working in her chosen area of nursing, a maternity ward of a Toronto, Canada hospital.

She loves to be part of a team which helps bring beautiful new babies into the world... a hugely rewarding experience, and critical part of the hospital system.

But Covid 19 has changed the whole experience into one of real danger.

Childbirth is an event which involves a lot of bodily fluids in the most positive of situations, and when the birthing mother is Covid-19 positive, not only are there the normal emissions, there is also coughing, sweating, vomiting and other contributions which probably don't need to be mentioned. All over the period of dozens of hours... The chances for the attending team members to be infected is really high. Plus of course, the risks to the birthing mother and baby are much higher than normal and emergency situations arise more often. Often the birth is premature or there is a need to stimulate the birth early due to risks.

My niece has volunteered to do these births, because she is young, doesn't have any underlying conditions, doesn't have any children and is not yet married. Most of the other nurses are older, have kids and are theoretically more vulnerable.

She is my #1 hero right now. What she is doing over and over again in my opinion requires as much bravery as any soldier marching off to war.

So please think about her and the other people in health care who are taking risks to keep us safe. Give a cheer for Julia and the hundreds of thousands of other unnamed heroes. She says when she comes home exhausted after a long day, and hears that cheer, it makes a big difference.

Last edited by RAF74_Buzzsaw; Apr-11-2020 at 00:56.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Re: Please give a cheer to your health care workers.... they deserve it!

How proud you must be of your niece, Mike. She is truly a selfless and brave hero. God Bless Her!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.39 MB

A BIG salute to Her from Norway!
    -afraid She wont hear my pots banging

They are really walking on a hidden mine field..

My daughter works in a big hospital here and she is not that young..lol
    Though the numbers seems "under control" here, its exiting times for sure.

Hope everyone does what they can to avoid infection!

Intel 6Core i7 coffee lake 8700k delidded@4.8ghz1,225v. is-60cpu cooler. msiz370 gaming pro carbon ac itx hk.Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080ti 11gb palit w. custom cooling.
    16gb 3200mhz lpx ram. Corsair sfx 600w gold psu. Samsung 960 evo 512gb m2 nvme+250gb ssd. Samsung c32f391. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog+VKB T-Rudder Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Great thread Buzz,

My wife is a nurse. Fortunately not in the main local hospital that is caring for the COVID-19 cases at present, but her's could be if numbers get out of control.

Any health care worker that voluntarily puts their hand up to get in and help out deserves a piece time medal when all is said and done in my opinion.

Pattle

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Well said Buzz.
    Please pass on my thanks to your niece, and tell her to be safe.

I am a nurse practitioner with over 30 years in nursing now.
    I have been right in the thick of things as i was asked to go into a retirement home with an outbreak of COVID to assess and treat, if needed and able, the COVID positive residents.
    Most of the COVID positive residents have moved out, and five are left now. Unfortunately one resident has died.
    Headed in tonight to start my second week of nights (if the COVID doesn't get me the night shifts might - first day there was 24 hours and then in again the next few nights).
    To be honest i don't have much to do on nights as the residents are, for the most part, sleeping.
    I just need to monitor them, and mostly there because as an NP i can order meds etc if needed, and at night there is no one else around who can do that.

It's a terrible time for people now, with lots of fear and anxiety and stress.

What i really want to say though is that yes, health care workers should applauded for their work, but let's not forget to be thankful for everyone who is helping by continuing their work, and doing their best to help, even if it is by staying locked in their homes.
    Police, firefighters, grocery store clerks, cleaners, family members who are staying away from the ones they love the most, and on and on...... all who are going to work and doing their jobs in spite of their fears and worries.
    My thanks and respect and gratitude to every person on this amazing planet who is sacrificing and doing their utmost to do the right things during this unprecedented time.

Take care everyone.
    Stay safe and stay sane.
    (And stay the f$%k away from each other!!!!)

dave
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

My sister is a nurse.

She spent two weeks with Covid and is now back on the ward again.

She sent me a photo of her going back in. Head to toe in clobber. Could still tell it was my big sister though.

Kind of wanted to pull her hair. And give her a massive hug too.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

I've been totally blown away by the sentiments expressed in this thread! It really brings you up short when you realise how many in our own little Community are deeply affected by this thing. No surprise, unfortunately, since we are all spread across the world!

But I have to say.....my wife and I were out clapping like maniacs last Thursday in England....and at the same time wishing we could do more! It was heartening to see our whole street was out, banging and clapping! Everybody here has the greatest respect for our wonderful Carers! We all feel the Doctors, Nurses, Health Workers, Cleaners, Radiologists, Bin Men....they're all 'doing their bit,' working hard and risking exposure....and they're all BLOODY HEROES...each and every one!

And to see Highsea's sister...all togged up but looking so vulnerable...and very young. Quite takes your breath away! It makes you realise that, in many cases, it is the young who are bearing the strain of this crisis and 'hats off' to them all. My sister is a nurse and she has just cancelled her retirement to go back into hospital. Here's hoping that she ........and all our loved ones come through this unscathed.

Keep safe everyone...stay in....... and give these people a chance! Salute!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.00 MB

Words really can't say it

Me and mine go out every Thursday at around 8.00pm and clap until our hands are sore , brings a lump to my throat every time and does so now as I'm writing this .

God bless the NHS in the UK and health workers all over the world who are on the front line in this battle . Also all the key workers whatever role they may play . I hope I never take any one of them for granted again .

Thank you all .

"Rules are put in place for the guidance of the wise and the obedience of fools" - J W Thomas

Intel i7-6700k 4.00GHz , 850w PSU , GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB GPU , 16GB RAM , Acer Predator Z35p Monitor , TrackIR5 , Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S , MGF Crosswind Rudder Pedals .

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    325.57 MB

As above, wife and myself have been out every Thursday evening at 8:00pm with a lot of our neighbours, clapping to show our appreciation of our NHS.

Also, we must remember the members of the other services - fire, police, RNLI, paramedics, ambulance - and a 'big thank you' also to shop keepers, supermarket staff and postal workers...God Bless you all!

Perhaps here is a better thread to put this...

Susan's Rainbow.png

To all on this forum and your families, stay safe and keep healthy!

~S~
    Possunt quia posse videntur (They can because they think they can) - 19 Squadron (originally Virgil)

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Yeah, everyone howls around here at 8pm, gets all the dogs going too, lots of fireworks as well. Thunderbirds just buzzed all the major hospitals around the Denver front range. Had about a 2 second clearing between trees and was able to get this shot before they buzzed Lutheran. Pretty cool gesture for all those working hard on the front lines.

Thunderbirds.jpg
    Last edited by ♣_Spiritus_♣; Apr-18-2020 at 17:44.

12. Likes Marco, TWC_Padre, ATAG_Flare, Silent135 liked this post