Thread: Toggle TrackIR?

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.38 MB

Toggle TrackIR?

There's an assignment in Camera controls named Toggle TrackIR. What is it for? It doesn't override your TrackIR setting for that, so how can it be used?
    And while I'm at it what is Toggle Independent Mode for in Camera controls?

Thanks.

2. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    226.63 MB

Re: Toggle TrackIR?

toggle tracir does just that turns off the games receptor to trac ir input. best example is when peering through gunsight and trac ir is set to sensitive. Toggle and picture settles down allowing you to use either snap or pan view
    keys or joystick input for visual acuity.

Toggle independant mode lets you move your view around with the mouse especially useful when getting that perfect screen shot or movie angle MR. DeMille.

<S> Fatal
    Last edited by TWC_Fatal_Error; Apr-13-2020 at 22:02.
    i7 2700 ,32 gigs, 4 ssd's ,1 7200rpm 2terabyte,1 samsung 55 display,2 mfd's,EDTRACKER,Warthog ,X55 stick, 7inch liliput monitor in mfd's 21 I-inc secondary display for instruments using virtual cockpit
    [*]iustus facere unus[*] JUST MAKE ONE ( FATAL ERROR) Commander TWC http://twcpilots.com

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.38 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Fatal_Error View Post
    toggle tracir does just that turns off the games receptor to trac ir input.
    No, I tried, it does not do that. I keep clicking the key but TrackIR is working the same. I have v5.

It does it only if I assign that key in TrackIR interface, but it has nothing to do with the in-game control assignment.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Sabrefly; Apr-14-2020 at 09:42.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrefly View Post
    No, I tried, it does not do that. I keep clicking the key but TrackIR is working the same. I have v5.

It does it only if I assign that key in TrackIR interface, but it has nothing to do with the in-game control assignment.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    It could be a leftover key from the original or early version of the game or 1946. The more you look through the menus you'll see there are many keys commands that do nothing or simply don't relate directly to CLOD. Remember it was far from being a 'complete functioning' game when it was released.

Daz
    Last edited by Dazza; Apr-14-2020 at 11:36.

6. Likes Sabrefly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    It could be a leftover key from the original or early version of the game or 1946. The more you look through the menus you'll see there are many keys commands that do nothing or simply don't relate directly to CLOD. Remember it was far from being a 'complete functioning' game when it was released.

Daz
    ^^ This - it is an old control from before TrackIR got a direct hook into games with the "NaturalPoint Vector" 6 degrees of freedom enhancement, introduced in 2004. If you have a TrackIR 3 or earlier you can use this control to pause the headtracking.

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA507NV, AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS CPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU, 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM, 16 GB DDR5 RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 11 Home 23H2, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VKB Gladiator Pro, MFG Crosswind, Wheel Stand Pro, EIZO CS240, Track-IR 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

S!~

I believe its this. Track Ir can be switched on and off by "Toggle TrackIr'. You'll see your led light on - green- np. If its still stock - then its F9- and the led on your TrackIr will go redish-orange- indicating that you tracIr has been toggled off- or disabled- until you again hit F9- at which time the light will go back to green- and your TrackIr should work as before. Good luck.
    If its a leftover script or setting from the past- it seems TracKiR has integrated seamlessly into Blitz- and not much of anything is needed to set it up within Cliffs.

S!~ AKA_Blasto
    <a href=http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2895&dateline=1384197801 target=_blank>http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ine=1384197801</a>

9. Likes TWC_Fatal_Error, ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Bondi also told me once you can bind look ahead to the same key.

So when you switch it off you are also looking forward.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

11. Likes Bonditaria, Vlerkies liked this post
    Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.38 MB

Quote Originally Posted by AKA_Blasto View Post
    If its a leftover script or setting from the past- it seems TracKiR has integrated seamlessly into Blitz- and not much of anything is needed to set it up within Cliffs.
    That is it, as I said that key doesn't do anything to my TIR5.

Thanks.