Thread: How can I dictate the aircraft schemes fellow pilots have in quick mission ?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

How can I dictate the aircraft schemes fellow pilots have in quick mission ?

Hi,
    Blitz,
    I am flying the skin I have almost finished, 2JG3 mottled with no yellow cowling and fancied a quick mission .
    selected a quick mission and flew only to find in unchangeable beige lettering JG27 in the tall list at right for player plane, and when flying the other aircraft alongside me with totally different schemes to mine., all with yellow cowls and no mottle.

as the mission is already prepared and heavily thought out, I cant go setting it all up from scratch in extra>full mission builder.

Is there a way I can get my fellow pilots in quick mission to wear a similar scheme to mine ?

Would it be that setting up the other pilots in FMB would then see those also chosen by CoD in quick mission ?

If I have accurate skins its going to be a real pain to not be able to use them in Quick missions.

What other way of using them is there where someone has done all the detailed setup, so all I have to do is feed it my pilot skin and a generic skin I create for the rest of the Geschwader ?

Cheers

BOBC

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.03 GB

Re: How can I dictate the aircraft schemes fellow pilots have in quick mission ?

[QUOTE=BOBC;351598]Hi,
    Blitz,
    I am flying the skin I have almost finished, 2JG3 mottled with no yellow cowling and fancied a quick mission .
    selected a quick mission and flew only to find in unchangeable beige lettering JG27 in the tall list at right for player plane, and when flying the other aircraft alongside me with totally different schemes to mine., all with yellow cowls and no mottle.

as the mission is already prepared and heavily thought out, I cant go setting it all up from scratch in extra>full mission builder.

Is there a way I can get my fellow pilots in quick mission to wear a similar scheme to mine ?

Would it be that setting up the other pilots in FMB would then see those also chosen by CoD in quick mission ?

If I have accurate skins its going to be a real pain to not be able to use them in Quick missions.

What other way of using them is there where someone has done all the detailed setup, so all I have to do is feed it my pilot skin and a generic skin I create for the rest of the Geschwader ?

Cheers

BOBC

This might help -
    play the quick mission with your skin and adjust number of aircraft flying in the mission.
    save your mission under Save as - and it will appear at bottom of qm list
    Go into Documents/1c/CLOD/mission/quick
    copy mission and briefing of your saved qm into missions/single
    The mission can now be played as a single mission, and edited as necessary with the skins you want

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Re: How can I dictate the aircraft schemes fellow pilots have in quick mission ?

Hi,
    I have done that and now if I go to 'single mission' its there in the list, I also see my missions I have set up in Full Mission Builder. I select it and choose me109E4 again, and fly and see the same interface again in the right hand column for player plane dictating JG26.

How do I get it to use a generic JG3 skin on the other aircraft having now done that ?
    update... I have accessed that mission in Full Mission Builder, made a skin less the numeral marking, allocated it to #2#3 #4 #5 #6 #7 and #8.
    saved it played it and it thinks I am a blenheim.
    so back to single mission, select 109 pilot and 109e4, run that, player plane now shows my 109 and JG3, save it as my mission name.

Fly again and this time JG3 in formation. wow !

I see though its applying wing crosses over mine, and red tatzelwurm over my accurate version.

Can I stop it from doing so , I guess the only way is to create skins for each aircraft and turn off markings.

Wish one could make it just apply numerals and codes.

I was wondering how I could get accurate skins all together in a premade mission, this could be it.

BOBC

Quote Originally Posted by gareth1 View Post

This might help -
    play the quick mission with your skin and adjust number of aircraft flying in the mission.
    save your mission under Save as - and it will appear at bottom of qm list
    Go into Documents/1c/CLOD/mission/quick
    copy mission and briefing of your saved qm into missions/single
    The mission can now be played as a single mission, and edited as necessary with the skins you want
    Last edited by BOBC; Apr-15-2020 at 15:10.