Thread: Possible to add airspeed/altitude to Info Window?

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Possible to add airspeed/altitude to Info Window?

Hi all .... first thread on here and I hope you can help .... Im spending a lot of time trying to set up CLOD to my liking .... to make it similar to GB setup ... There is something about this game that keeps me trying ... ... so is it possible to add airspeed/altitude to an info window ? ... all I seem to be able to add is the throttle setting ?? ... not finding this info in the FAQs so Im beginning to assume its not possible ??

2. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Re: Possible to add airspeed/altitude to Info Window?

Quote Originally Posted by Kgwanchos View Post
    Hi all .... first thread on here and I hope you can help .... Im spending a lot of time trying to set up CLOD to my liking .... to make it similar to GB setup ... There is something about this game that keeps me trying ... ... so is it possible to add airspeed/altitude to an info window ? ... all I seem to be able to add is the throttle setting ?? ... not finding this info in the FAQs so Im beginning to assume its not possible ??
    Hi Kgwanchos and welcome to the forum.

You are correct - you can add an information window with your engine settings and with axis settings, but speed, altitude, bearing, rpms, temperatures, etc, must be taken from your instruments.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

4. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

To " remedy " to this possible small " shortcoming " of IL-2 Blitz you can use a small program called " Virtual Cockpit " ( but you'll need a second screen/monitor where to display it ).
    This program displays all the instruments of your aircraft with all the data you're searching for.
    Installation is very easy, quick and straight forward.
    A " Must Have ", IMHO.

You can find it here, in the download section ( See link provided below ).

LINK: https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...downloadid=188

Hals und Beinbruch!
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Apr-19-2020 at 10:57.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

6. Likes ATAG_Snapper, TWC_Fatal_Error liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    Hi Kgwanchos and welcome to the forum.

You are correct - you can add an information window with your engine settings and with axis settings, but speed, altitude, bearing, rpms, temperatures, etc, must be taken from your instruments.

Thanks for confirming .... I guess I will have to learn to scan the panel better ... got into bad habits maybe .... one other question if I may ..... if playing single player do you get a performance penalty for NOT using complex engine management ? .... I see for example that in the spit the radiator exit flap remains fully open which must be a lot of extra drag ??

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Thanks for confirming .... I guess I will have to learn to scan the panel better ... got into bad habits maybe .... one other question if I may ..... if playing single player do you get a performance penalty for NOT using complex engine management ? .... I see for example that in the spit the radiator exit flap remains fully open which must be a lot of extra drag ??
    Quick answer: no penalty for drag when not using complex engine management/temperature control in Realism Options. To be honest, I was curious. I have never NOT used CEM/Temp Control so I did a quick test in Quick Missions with the Spitfire 2a.

Top speed (mph Air Speed Indicated) for both Realism Options was 305 on the deck.

CEM/Temp Control: Throttle 110% (= 12 lbs boost) Pitch 100% (= 3,000 rpms) Radiator at 35% open (optimum for zero altitude and 300+ mph) - elevator trim neutral and rudder trim centered.

No CEM/Temp Control: Throttle 110% (= 12 lbs boost) Pitch 0% ie not activated (= 3,000 rpms) Radiator at 100% (ie not activated) - elevator trim neutral and rudder trim centered.

Hint: use CTL F1 to toggle the test instruments - much more precise and accurate than the cockpit instruments ie more suitable for tests such as this.

Cheers,

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

9. Likes farley liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Smile Re: Possible to add airspeed/altitude to Info Window?

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    Quick answer: no penalty for drag when not using complex engine management/temperature control in Realism Options. To be honest, I was curious. I have never NOT used CEM/Temp Control so I did a quick test in Quick Missions with the Spitfire 2a.

Top speed (mph Air Speed Indicated) for both Realism Options was 305 on the deck.

CEM/Temp Control: Throttle 110% (= 12 lbs boost) Pitch 100% (= 3,000 rpms) Radiator at 35% open (optimum for zero altitude and 300+ mph) - elevator trim neutral and rudder trim centered.

No CEM/Temp Control: Throttle 110% (= 12 lbs boost) Pitch 0% ie not activated (= 3,000 rpms) Radiator at 100% (ie not activated) - elevator trim neutral and rudder trim centered.

Hint: use CTL F1 to toggle the test instruments - much more precise and accurate than the cockpit instruments ie more suitable for tests such as this.

Cheers,

Brilliant reply thanks Snapper .... Im really getting to like this sim now .... for some reason Im finding it more "fun" than the other sim and the cockpit feels more "alive" somehow .... and the sea looks stunning ... I wonder if it gets bigger swells in bad weather

11. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Brilliant reply thanks Snapper .... Im really getting to like this sim now .... for some reason Im finding it more "fun" than the other sim and the cockpit feels more "alive" somehow .... and the sea looks stunning ... I wonder if it gets bigger swells in bad weather
    You ain't seen nothing yet!
    Wait for TFS 5.0!

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DerDa View Post
    You ain't seen nothing yet!
    Wait for TFS 5.0!
    I know that's looking awesome! ... exciting times