Thread: Another HOTAS Question

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Another HOTAS Question

Good day, I purchased CoD,CoD:B and The Stalingrad edition, what I would like to know is should I delete all the default keys, because when I try to key bind it won't work,I do hit the apply key anytime I try to change something. I don't know if it's clashing with the keys already in by default. Should I put the same input into keys and axis? I know some key press on the Hotas will work in keys and others don't. If someone could steer my in the right direction, it's much appreciated. Just confusing

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    123.26 MB

Re: Another HOTAS Question

Hey there PW, welcome back to the wonderful and wacky world of flight sims. I too had taken a hiatus, but mine lasted a couple of decades. But then I stumbled across COD Blitz and have been truly impressed with it ever since. That was back in Sept. 2018 and since then have logged over 1000 hours (which is mild in comparison to others).

I can't help you with your HOTAS setup or your TrackIR, there will be plenty of others that can help you with that, but I will draw your attention to an earlier post I made for another guy who was having problems assigning commands/axis for certain functions, maybe it will help. Take a look here:

One final thing, I'm usually on the TWC Campaign server or the ATAG server; if you see me, jump in and say hello

Until then

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: Another HOTAS Question

Quote Originally Posted by PickleWeasle View Post
    Good day, I purchased CoD,CoD:B and The Stalingrad edition, what I would like to know is should I delete all the default keys, because when I try to key bind it won't work,I do hit the apply key anytime I try to change something. I don't know if it's clashing with the keys already in by default. Should I put the same input into keys and axis? I know some key press on the Hotas will work in keys and others don't. If someone could steer my in the right direction, it's much appreciated. Just confusing
    No, you don't need delete assigned keys (in CloD are a conflict in some an useless assignments, existing keys don't prevent you assign new keys or joystick buttons.

In both games allow you assign a joystick button in new "slot" for each command.
    In Il-2 Stalingrad you have two more slots for each command (default + 2)

In Il-2 Clod, you can create various, just select a command, and the click in NEW, this create a new "slot" and you can assign joystick keys without delete originals.

In Stalingrad, if you delete all assignments and and regret it later, you have a button "Restore default" (or similar), in Il-2 CloD, no is need copy files from Steam directory - this is if you have not messed with files there.

Other reason is, names of commands in CloD (in Stalingrad too, but at less degree) is not intuitive (e.g. command for start engine), so you will have hard time if try assign commands manual latter.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Apr-27-2020 at 15:12.