Thread: Back to the flight sims

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Back to the flight sims

Hello everyone, it's been close to a decade or better since I had the pleasure of flying. Missed it a lot, but if someone could tell me where everyone is flying these days, I'd like to get back to multiplayer and start getting shot down. I'm trying to get my HOTAS assigned, but it's being rather difficult. What is everyone using for their sensitivity settings(Mainly for CoD) because it's hard to get it right without an S curve. I have to screw with the settings in TracKIR too, because I can't look up to far. I'm using the clip. Man my butt hurts, been sitting here for about 8 hours.

Any help is always appreciated, ~S~

2. Likes farley, danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

Re: Back to the flight sims

Hi there. The current global situation has seen quite a lot of pilots take back to the skies. On top of that Team Fusion is now Beta testing the long, long, long awaited CLOD 5.0 expansion - so there's excitement building. It's a good time to be flying !

1st you'll need to make sure your CLOD installation is up to date as the 'Blitz' version on Steam.

Depending on the time of day you can find the servers more or less busy. UK / European evening time zones tend to see the most flyers.
    The ATAG server has a great selection & rotation of maps with different objectives for both sides. It's predominately live players with only limited AI content. Full real settings.
    The DangerDogs server has a high concentration of AI which helps keep one involved and entertained, especially if things are quiet or if you're flying alone. It has outside views and close distance icons enabled.
    There are also ongoing campaign servers for deeper immersion.

Teamspeak is highly recommended to know what's happening and where, plus it involves you in the community.

As for flight peripherals / trackir settings etc everyone will have their own take. There's an abundance of info on all such topics here. There's many things I've referred back to time and again over the years.

See you in the air, or in a crumpled heap on the ground. I'm frequently found in both places.

Dazza
    Last edited by Dazza; Apr-26-2020 at 23:16.

4. Likes ATAG_Marlow, farley, danperin, Gingerbread liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    123.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    See you in the air, or in a crumpled heap on the ground. I'm frequently found in both places.
    Hey Dazza, great points for all the new and returning pilots. But I got one quick comment on your final note ... a reminder actually:

"If you can walk away from a landing, it’s a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it’s an outstanding landing." Chuck Yeager,USAF

See you all in the virtual skies

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,019.37 MB

Hi, good decision to get back to flight sims and especially to this comunity.
    Concerning Track-IR there are some profiles here in the download section of ATAG.
    I used Mindles and Karayas profiles with some tweakings to my needs and this was easier for me than starting with the default.
    About the key-assignements in CloD I deleted most of them and only assigned what I needed to the keys and buttons. That was a long process of learning by doing and there where some moments of frustration when I realized mid-air that I forgot to assign a essential key.

Good luck, it is worth the hours of tweaking and testing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Welcome back mate. A great time to re acquaint yourself in Cliffs, and get ready for 5.0. It will be awesome!!

Check out our latest updates in the TFS section, and or check out our YouTube channel, link below, to find all out latest videos.

Unfortunately you won't see the one that is unlisted and not for public view yet. That one will get some attention when it's released. .

As mentioned, there are Track IR profiles here. If you want to try out some more, pm me and I will email them to you.

Looking forward to getting into multiplayer and getting shot down. What a great one liner. Made me laugh.

Cheers,

Pattle

8. Likes Gingerbread liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Hi Pickle W.......welcome back to flight simming and Cliffs! As the guys have mentioned, there couldn't be a better time to make a comeback, with such exciting improvements just round the corner!

I have to say, Dazza has given you a brilliant resume of opportunities and possibilities and the other guys all give excellent advice, too. Which clearly demonstrates what a unique Community you are joining. You are definitely guaranteed a warm welcome here, especially if you can download Team Speak and join us on Multiplayer.

Good luck with your setting up and hope to meet you in our virtual skies! Salute!

10. Likes Gingerbread liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for the warm welcome, seeing that I'm laid off this week, it will be a good time to get everything set and running smooth. Looking forward to flying with all of you. I was in Casual Pilots Squadron years ago and I'm wondering if I'll find anyone from there. Time will tell.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

By the way, does anyone use Hyperlobby any more? Had hours of fun flying on that server.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Quote Originally Posted by PickleWeasle View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome, seeing that I'm laid off this week, it will be a good time to get everything set and running smooth. Looking forward to flying with all of you. I was in Casual Pilots Squadron years ago and I'm wondering if I'll find anyone from there. Time will tell.

Great stuff, PW!

UK evenings are best for those of us based in Europe. Look for us in Multiplayer and just jump in. If you have Team Speak do say 'hello' and we can answer any questions/problems fast!

Have fun! We'll be looking out for you! Salute!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by PickleWeasle View Post
    By the way, does anyone use Hyperlobby any more? Had hours of fun flying on that server.
    No, Hyperlobby is no longer used by any number of players.

Would recommend you join via the game's multiplayer function.