Thread: Can't Host/Join my own missions anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Can't Host/Join my own missions anymore.

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot.

Anyway, as the title says, If I put up one of my missions in multiplayer or single player for that matter I can't get any further once I select "Start Battle". None of the airfields show up on the map to select and there are no options to select an army either. I can join training missions and was able to join the ATAG multiplayer server today.

My sim is up to date. Admittedly I haven't flown the sim online since July 2019, to busy learning the F/A 18 in DCS. But in light of Tobruk coming out in the near future I thought I'd start it up again to see how things are. I start it regularly to keep it up to date. I don't remember if I deleted the cache folder after the updates or not, but doing it today hasn't made a difference either.

So all my mission were working fine before the last two updates 4.56 & 4.57 so I am wondering if something has changed. Today I have opened a mission in mission editor and resaved it again to see if it works, but no. The last mission that worked was made and flown in July 2019.

Any idea's please.
    Cheers, Aussie Pilot.

2. Likes DD_FT liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Re: Can't Host/Join my own missions anymore.

Share one of the missions, so we can test it ...

(Just wondering whether it could be you have more than one network interface active on your PC now, due to a windows update, or some other software installed... there was something special there, not sure if it would result into this behavior though...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I've attached a simple mission I have always had and that has always worked. It is simply for test flying various aircraft, although some German bombers do turn up at some point.

I also sent a mission to one of the guys we fly with, a mission we have all flown before and he said he has the same issue as well since the 4.56/7 updates. Once the battle is started there are no armies available to select on the server.

I'm wondering if something changed in the 4.56 update that had mission building extra's added to it. I have done a file verification in the steam window and it says my game file's are all good.

The missions I have were been built by various people, but when I check them all out they are set up the same and have always worked online.

Thank you for any help that can be suggested.

Should this thread be moved to the updates section for questioning there, are the right people seeing it?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Cheers, Aussie Pilot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Log file please.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Oskar View Post
    Log file please.
    Hi Oskar, I hope I've attached the correct file for you. I uploaded this one from the game folder in Documents.

Thanks for looking.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Cheers, Aussie Pilot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Your mission works for me.

Can you make a simple mission from scratch and run it? Just a spawn point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Oskar View Post
    Your mission works for me.

Can you make a simple mission from scratch and run it? Just a spawn point.
    Ok, this has got me thinking now. Firstly, I already tried what you suggested in making a new simple mission with just a spawn point, it didn't work. I wondered if the updates had change how the mission builder worked but it would seem not to.

So now I have a theory and I'm sorry for it being a bit of a long read.
    My PC is only a year old and when I got it built I had a 500gb SSD drive installed which my operating system is on and DCS ( apparently DCS is better on an SSD drive). I also had a normal 2TB drive installed as my D drive which I have saved pictures etc on along with my other sims, Rise of flight, IL-2 Cliff's of Dover Blitz and Call of Duty. I didn't want these installed on my SSD drive to save space.

So when I installed Steam it went to C drive as part of the operating system...I guess. But when I installed Cliffs of Dover and Call of Duty I directed them to the D-drive. A new folder was created called Steam library in which those games are now installed.
    As you know we have other game related files including missions installed/saved in our Documents folder which of course is also C-drive. So I'm wondering despite being able to see, select and start a mission in multiplayer, I can't get any further than "Start Battle" because the game is on one drive and the mission is on another ??? I don't know!

I know I said before that they have always worked, well it just occurred that they have also always been on the same hard drive before (on my old pc), plus up until now, we have always joined another computer that was hosting the mission. Only this year have I tried hosting for everyone because finally Australia has caught up with the rest of the world and I now have good fibre internet...lol. I did however always test my missions in my own server before loading them to the server we would all join, which is based in the U.S. actually.

I hope this helps with some answers. I appreciate your help. I have a feeling the other guy who tested my mission that also flies with us has his sims set up on his hard drives in a similar fashion, hence it not working for him either, but I need to check that with him later.
    Cheers, Aussie Pilot.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Check your Realism Options.
    If these items are checked, one cannot select an a/c ...

Image1.jpg

10. Likes ATAG_Torian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by DD_FT View Post
    Check your Realism Options.
    If these items are checked, one cannot select an a/c ...

Image1.jpg
    That was it... how embarrassing. Thank you for all your help guys, I really appreciate it. I don't know why I had them all checked, probably hasn't been an issue before because I don't usually host, plus I haven't made or tested a mission in ages so I didn't realise I had those settings checked (probably something I automatically did in the new install). Doh!

Again, thank you guys.
    Cheers, Aussie Pilot.

12. Likes DD_FT, ATAG_Torian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

So, now I can get the mission to work, but I can't get it to show up in the server list for others to see and join.

I've had a quick look but can't find any info to help. Do I need to set up port forwarding still, I thought we didn't need to anymore seen we went through Steam?
    Cheers, Aussie Pilot.

14. Likes DD_FT liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Pilot View Post
    So, now I can get the mission to work, but I can't get it to show up in the server list for others to see and join.

I've had a quick look but can't find any info to help. Do I need to set up port forwarding still, I thought we didn't need to anymore seen we went through Steam?
    Me thinks you still have to setup port forwarding.
    UDP on port 27015 should do...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thank you for the info guys. I'll look into setting up port forwarding.
    Cheers, Aussie Pilot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by DD_FT View Post
    Me thinks you still have to setup port forwarding.
    UDP on port 27015 should do...
    Thanks DD_FT, I set that port tonight, hosted a quick mission for the guys to join and I am now back in business. It all works fine.
    Cheers, Aussie Pilot.

18. Likes ATAG_Torian, DD_FT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Just make sure it is the the port showing in ur "Net" settings, usually 27015 but might be 27016.
    U need to open the port and direct it to the internal IP of the actual PC that is hosting (your PC in this case) and enable both TCP and UDP.
    Different broadband modem/routers all have their own ways of doing this so Google will be ur friend.

Edit: lol, we must have been replying at the same time.
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

20. Likes DD_FT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Torian View Post
    Just make sure it is the the port showing in ur "Net" settings, usually 27015 but might be 27016.
    U need to open the port and direct it to the internal IP of the actual PC that is hosting (your PC in this case) and enable both TCP and UDP.
    Different broadband modem/routers all have their own ways of doing this so Google will be ur friend.

Edit: lol, we must have been replying at the same time.
    LOL Torian, must have done. But thanks for the info anyway. I have set it as you just said and it works, so hopefully I'm sorted now.

I do wonder though if the internet dropped out whether it would work again...but I'm assuming that my PC IP address won't change, only the routers IP may change. Worry about that if it happens. Cheers.
    Cheers, Aussie Pilot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Sometimes a router reboot will reshuffle internal IP addresses if u have more than 1 PC connected so u just need to check if that happens.
    If u connect wirelessly to ur router u can be subject to the vagaries of wireless interference and bandwidth allocation (especially if some1 is streaming from their device to a smart TV).
    Glad u got it sorted.
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

23. Likes DD_FT liked this post