Thread: Any AI improvement details that can be shared? Please? PLEASE?

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.71 MB

Any AI improvement details that can be shared? Please? PLEASE?

The current AI either ruins or limits almost every part of the game in its current format. Single player is terrible and requires so many 'work arounds' to get the AI to do what is needed that its virtually pointless. Multi player is so sparsley populated that AI is relied upon to fill in the gaps and they are terrible. The TWC campaign server is currently the only full real server that consistently has any human players (albiet in crazy few numbers) so again AI fills in the gap and does so terribly. I understand the servers are hostage to the current AI abilities so I'm praying that AI gets a MAJOR overhaul so that BOTH single and multiplayer are playable. I know TFS has targeted AI for improvements but have heard very little and actually seen nothing.

So..with that being said - can TFS please share some DETAILS as to what has been done? What can be expected? What has improved? Is testing validating the improvements? What has been a struggle? Anything? Please?

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.71 MB

TFS - Any AI improvement details that can be shared? Please? PLEASE?

Just bumping in hopes of a response.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Re: Any AI improvement details that can be shared? Please? PLEASE?

The AI has been improved in BLITZ in a patch... it performs much better... IF you create a mission with pilots who have the appropriate skill levels.

There will be further improvements in TF 5.0.

4. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Soldat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Re: Any AI improvement details that can be shared? Please? PLEASE?

I have not flown BLITZ much for quite a while (been flying the P-38 in BoBP)
    I have recently been flying a Spitfire in the Manston quick mission, and admit to being rusty.
    But i cannot last long at all before being shot down.
    I admit that I have it set it up with 6 Spitties and 3 Hurri's vs 12 109's, 6 110's and 9 stukas, who just fly through and pretty much leave you alone but shoot the crap put of you if you go near them.

The AI is very aggressive, very accurate, and just swarm.....

And I am loving it!

Having said that, i am usually out of the battle within a few minutes, and not realizing the odds I had set up for myself some time ago, will even the playing field a bit. cuz it can get a bit frustrating.

Not really flown other scenarios recently.

If it's a challenge you are looking for SamJoDo, as far as I am concerned, the AI can give it to you in spades!
    Last edited by farley; May-04-2020 at 21:00.
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......